Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:32:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adult Sims became ...students overnight.  (Read 2155 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2009, 08:21:01 pm »

As the title says, one of my adult couples turned into students again. I'm explaining:

I was playing the Liu family. At that time another of my Sims, Yashamaru Ishikawa, was visiting them. It was the time the butler's shift was nearly over and he was about to leave. Then, the gypsy appeared to leave the geenie bottle in the lot. When she left I checked all the residents' memories to see who got it. None of them had memories of getting it. In game paused mode I used "Make selectable" on the visitor, Yashamaru, to check if he had got it. He hadn't. Also, I had checked if he was supposed to be at work at that time or having a day off, and his job displayed okay. I made him Unselectable again, unpaused and carried on with the game, the Lius said good night to him and then one of the Liu couples went on holidays.

Today I loaded the neighbourhood, entered the Ishikawas lot and found them sleeping, as last time I had left them in their beds. The mess part: when I went through their job screen to check who has a day off so as to see who is going to keep the kids after school, I found out that both Yashamaru Ishikawa and Cloud had gone back to ...students!

Instead of their jobs, the screen displays their majors, they are both half way their final semester. Their appearance is that of an adult, but their voices are YAs ones.  Their in-game memories appear to be displayed correctly up to that point: graduation from college, carreers, friends, wedding, birth of children, fulfilled LTWs and all.

Cloud's brother who is living with them was not affected by that mess. He is still an adult with his job intact. The kids themselves and their memories are also fine.

So far I have tried but *without saving my lot* afterwards:

1. Used Pescado's lot debugger to force errors in All, which grew them up into adults, but it's weird to see their children getting the memory of their parents growing up well and graduating --again!

2. When the butler came in the morning he was stalking them in their bedroom. I used "moved objects on" to delete him, and all of a sudden Yashamaru and Cloud grew up to ...adults!

3. Cloud's other brother tried to ask him move in with him but the "Propose" option in the pie menu does not appear at all (only in Cloud's case).

My question is: Has this ever happened to anyone before? and, What do you think is the culprit for that royal mess?   I could try open SimPE and check there if I knew what exactly should I look for.

Any suggestion/ help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:33:16 pm »

Sad No one has the slightest idea of what it might have broken?

Additional info: my game runs with empty templates installed from MATY and all the necessary mods by Pescado. Other mods installed are TwoJeffs' ACR, pregnacy for all and things related to my m/m couples. Never did I have any problems with Pescado's and TwoJeffs' mods before. Ever. However, I tested the game without the mods --just in case-- and, as expected, nothing changed.

I could use SimPE to uncheck the University boxes, make my Sims adults again and give them jobs. But I am concern of the future -- because whatever has caused this mess now will surely give me more headaches in the future.

If anyone can point to a certain direction to find out what the heck has happened, I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks!

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:29:32 pm »

Since no one has answered this, I am thinking no one knows how to fix it.  what happens when you move all of your mods/hacks out? does it still happen?
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 08:52:26 pm »

Yes, amc, it didn't change a thing.
By the number of views and no replies (here and at MTS2) I figure it must be something never happened to anyone before?

What I finally did was to open SimPE and uncheck the University boxes and give them their jobs back. (I also checked their memories and they were fine, nothing wrong there too.) However, when back in game, I noticed they had lost the benefit of fulfilling their LTWs, platinum aspiration bar.  This is not a problem, but I am a bit worried as to how and what was the cause of this mess as such things usually tend to cause further problems in the future.

Thanks for replying back, even if this hasn't ever happened to you. Smiley

My LiveJournal
jerryking
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:31:05 pm »

Nalia, just a thought. If you are using the Insimenator or another similar mod could you have accidently selected the age to young adult?
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 12:58:35 am »

No, Jerryking. I wish that was the case. I don't usually play with the growing up options. One day I left them sleeping as adults with jobs and all, and next day they had become students. oO
What happened in the meantime was that I played another household, there was this genie bottle delivery and the butler leaving, a couple from the household went on Twikki island vacations, and that's all.

I don't know what caused this mess, for the time being has been fixed by changing the relative sections in SimPE -- although I had to use Pescado's Lot debugger for Cloud. Everything seems alright at the moment, but I am not that sure it is. I'll wait and see.

Thanks for the thought anyway. Smiley

My LiveJournal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: