Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:14:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a Unique cloned Object? NOT meshing.  (Read 3262 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2009, 09:34:43 am »

Hi all,
Ive been recolouring items/objects for some time now, yet cloning is still eluding me.
Using SimPe, I get to the stage to clone, and save a new file -  but those clones 'overwrite' the original content, instead of creating a separate catalog item. All the tutorials Ive found so far are outdated ones from 2005 etc, and no longer supported (and none explain what I want to know).

I have no intentions of creating new meshes for the game.
  My idea is to take something like the giant TV that came with M&Gs or AL (dont remember), clone it, retexture it, and save it under a new name with a new price. Thats all. I still want the black original, only separate. There seems to be no tutorials that tell you how to make unique objects. Its all meshing or recolouring. And that doesnt help.

Could anyone help me with this?
Thanks
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:03 pm »

You just forgot to give your new clone its own GUID.

You clone a object with Simpe's object workshop and save it in your downloadfolder.
Then click the Object Data(OBJD) and either register at Simpe's database to get your own unique Guidnr's or(if its just for your own use) simply change a number in the excisting guid.
This will make it a standalone object.

p.s.
Emptying your mailbox will allow others to send you personal messages. Wink

No longer active
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:00:01 am »

Thanks for the reply!
Thanks so much, I did that, or rather tried... I decided to rather register for guids to be on the safe side...
And then cloned the TV I had in mind.
I still seem to be doing something wrong, because it still either replaces the original, or doesnt display at all.
I took some screens:

and my list of registered GUIDs:

Using the first GUID in the line (0x005B9100), right on the left, next to the blue 'get guid' link, clicking the box underneath, and clicking commit, for all 4 files in the OBJECTDATA list, doesnt seem to work.
Any ideas on what Im still missing?

Thanks Wink
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 05:47:09 pm »

you have to give all 4 of them a new guide, starting with A(i think its AA, the lead)

I have to admit(found out, when cloning the chopper once) that objects with multiple guids can give some problems.....

edit,
or upload the clone so i can have a look? Wink

No longer active
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:54:24 pm »

Hi there
Thanks for all the help... I did that, registered 4 separate GUIDs, and my saved object now shows up.
Now to work my way through all the tutorials Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: