Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:13:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 88790 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Simelorian

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:44:10 pm »

Hey everyone. I don't think anyone else has caught this yet thought I'd share it. The official Sims 3 site just posted a letter concerning copy protection on The Sims 3! The later basically states that it will use a serial code system like the previous Sims games and will not require online authentication! YAY!

Here's the link if you'd like to take a look Smiley
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/newsItem.jsp?item=-608201177

Makes me affirm my choice to buy the game  Grin

Dawn Approaches
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:48:57 pm »

hello everyone here is some good news for those that are worry about securom there will be no securom In the sims3 here is the link

Pierre Wink

Hello everyone I wanted to share news with you regarding our copy protection plans for The Sims 3.

We’ll have more information for you as we get closer to launch about everything we’ll have to offer on TheSims3.com and The Sims 3 Store, but we have heard your requests over the past months and here is our plan for The Sims 3.

The game will have disc-based copy protection – there is a Serial Code just like The Sims 2. To play the game there will not be any online authentication needed.

We feel like this is a good, time-proven solution that makes it easy for you to play the game without DRM methods that feel overly invasive or leave you concerned about authorization server access in the distant future.

We’re really excited to bring you the game for the PC and Mac starting June 2, 2009. The extra time we’ve taken to polish the game has resulted in an even better game experience for you to enjoy and we can’t wait for you to see for yourself!

Thanks for your passion and your loyalty.
Rod Humble

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/newsItem.jsp?item=-608201177

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 05:07:00 pm »

OMG2

Well, that was unexpected...  That alone almost makes me feel like I could live with the game.  Now I just need to hear that I'll be able to get/create free CC.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
ant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 05:09:52 pm »

Thanks for the info, Good news for the sims 3 I may buy it now it doesn't have internet based copy protection, but I hope it does not turn out like Fallout 3 and gain securom on release...

Edited for spelling
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:30:33 pm »

Or they will face more class-action lawsuits all over again to get rid of Securom.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
monalisa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:56 pm »

Rock This is awsome news, now just hoping they don't change the release date again
fornax

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 06:39:31 pm »

It does indeed sound a lot better than what we were hearing for the past few months,  However, Humble didn't specifically say that SecuROM wouldn't be on the Sims 3, but generalized about how it's best not to use DRM methods that are overly invasive.  How invasive, is the question, but for now let's give him credit since they are promising to give out more details later, and for promising there will not be internet connections required to play the game.  But, will there be a requirement to go online to install?  I'm not opening my arms wide to EA just like that.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 06:43:06 pm »

That is indeed good news, that leaves only the questoin of modding the game (not retexturing)
Feisty32
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 07:42:30 pm »

i'm sorry people but for me it's to little to late and there still not getting my money rod humble can take his good news and shove it where the sun don't shine i do not trust him or the rest of ea. angry Cry

anyhow Pierre thank you for posting this. Grin
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 10:42:06 pm »

He's probably saying this with his fingers crossed behind his back *snickers* I just HOPE it comes out for PS3!! c'mon EA bring it out for something other than the PC and Mac because you know you greedy %$#@!%^* want the money!! Grin

&& Feisty32 I commend you on your choices not to buy the game because if they do decide to put SecuROM in at the last minute before release and not tell any one, then none of us should have given EA a damn dime Undecided
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:06:46 pm by SimGirl20 » Logged
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 03:02:44 am »

Like all games, I let the frantic and desperate buy the first couple of thousand releases, then catch the complaints on the web or in gaming magazines.
It's obvious that I saved myself money doing this otherwise I would be out there with the many other thousands complaining about the latest GTA
release.
Feisty32
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 04:08:21 am »

He's probably saying this with his fingers crossed behind his back *snickers* I just HOPE it comes out for PS3!! c'mon EA bring it out for something other than the PC and Mac because you know you greedy %$#@!%^* want the money!! Grin

&& Feisty32 I commend you on your choices not to buy the game because if they do decide to put SecuROM in at the last minute before release and not tell any one, then none of us should have given EA a damn dime Undecided

thank you SimGirl20. Grin
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 05:04:58 am »

Ok, so they're nixing Securom for another format DRM that's less invasive. That's an improvement, but still not enough to make me buy it. My decision will come when they clear up the CC issue on if it will be "open" or subscription only. In a nutshell, I'm still not buying the game. Not until they answer more questions, and the answers are at least close to what I (and many others like me) want to hear. But thanks for the info none the less, Pierre.

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 06:34:26 am »

Its something though should it be true what rod says.

Im just hoping as others have said that they would allow cc ill be mad if not, the game wont last long with me if ive got to play it their way.lol.
Feisty32
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 10:49:35 am »

i don't trust this good news of theirs in fact i'm very strongly suspicious of rod humble and ea if i did'nt think rod humble and ea were full of horse manure i'd actually believe them. Evil

they will never convince me of securom not being on the sims 3 there just full of horse manure plain and simple. Pickleride PFFT Swear
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: