Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:13:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 89683 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2009, 08:51:50 am »

Two weeks is not a lot of testing time, and if this is NOT the final build, that means the REAL final build has even *LESS* testing. Regardless, there is no way they could have done very much at this stage in 2 weeks or less. In software development, software is declared "Feature Complete", meaning no new features will be added, far in advance of ship dates.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Any gripes we have about the game are based in its design, not in the minutiae. If the game's DESIGN is flawed, two weeks of additional work cannot save it.

I have heard of "Feature Complete" couldn't remember where, having a hard time finding it for a link. Wanted to say about the same, cause I know they couldn't work out all those bugs in 2 wks. The amount of time passing before responding definitely proved that they had a PR lockdown on the situation. The one sentence is the new move of minimizing situations and they know that their fanbase will believe them. I am sure they have read the reviews at MATY and any other site with the balls to do it.

I could see the execs now *pulling their combover hair out* that damn pirate site again! Grrr!!!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »

Some financial groups are already quoting a 9 million loss for EA. over this. That's a lot of money for an incomplete beta.
The more straight laced game forums are coming out with weird s--t like "those who have the pirate copy will never be able to take advantage of all the other features that EA. will provide, store,patches,add ons."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2009, 06:08:51 pm »

The "9 million dollar loss" figure is really spurious. If people are pirating the game at this point, they are doing so because they simply do not have any other choice: No option exists for actually purchasing the game. Those who intended to do so will ultimately do so, because as it turns out, this does appear to be a special review-edition build.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2009, 09:02:25 pm »

Special review edition build? Going on it's age this about as close to the actual thing as it gets?
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2009, 10:28:01 pm »

Well, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers there Wednesday17. I am just going to say this beta or not, complete or uncomplete I was going to buy the game to begin with so its no skin off my tail. The Sims 2 had some definite flaws and glitches when it was released and was somewhat remedied with a patch or several. So I am hoping TS3 will come with a patch, to help fix some of the more extreme glitches. I'm sorry Pescado, but I read on MATY that a user had reportedly seen an exe. file dated back to april. The year was unknown. I also apologize roerzman, I didn't mean to be crude but I am just sick of the debate on whether the leak is a beta or the retail version, so I am going to not post on this thread again in hopes of it not becoming locked by one of the mods. tongue

P.S. It's childish to bitch about it anyway, when were all going to see the truth in what 9 moar days?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2009, 10:33:37 pm »

Special review edition build? Going on it's age this about as close to the actual thing as it gets?
That is correct. We have confirmed that this is indeed not the "release" build, which is 1.0.631, but with only two weeks seperating it from the reported Gold date, it's as good as it gets.''

I'm sorry Pescado, but I read on MATY that a user had reportedly seen an exe. file dated back to april. The year was unknown.
The year is known. The executable was build on 2009-04-22, two weeks before Gold. While it is known that it is not the FINAL version, it is practically certain that it represents a "Feature Complete" executable, meaning that no actual features will be added. Think of the final release as simply a patch...which it essentially is, since there's already a patch for THAT out.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2009, 01:38:31 am »

Thank you for that. That confirms my argument.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2009, 05:49:24 am »

EA themselves said in the press release this past week that what thing the (early) game is missing is one neighborhood; that is their argument for the leaked one not being a complete version.  All of us who were set up to pre-order should recognize that Eaxis always said you would only get "Riverview" when you registered your game online, so it never was included in the final release anyway.  But I agree with Simgirl--it's not worth arguing over.

Ditto for the CC argument.  EA has plainly said what will not be allowed and where you'll have to get your CC from.  All you really have to do is read EA's comments thoroughly for yourself to see what the facts are.  No one is putting words in their mouths.   I hope along with the rest of you that they have more to offer in the "complete" version, but I doubt it.

Sims by Dasi:

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2009, 05:54:22 am »

So I am hoping TS3 will come with a patch, to help fix some of the more extreme glitches...
...when were all going to see the truth in what 9 moar days?

I'll be looking forward to 10 days from now.
Glitches? Hell, we would miss them if they weren't there! But you can't patch bad game design.
You may want to read the EULA and specifically section 2.A.
They won't "patch" that...
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2009, 06:04:50 am »

Exactly the point everyone has been trying to make Wednesday.   It was always what EA said vs the truth that we have been discussing here, though is hasn't always been viewed that way.  The tone has been defensive for EA but this has always been about us providing information to each other in the face of deceit.   

Sims by Dasi:

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2009, 06:20:04 am »

The more straight laced game forums are coming out with weird s--t like "those who have the pirate copy will never be able to take advantage of all the other features that EA. will provide, store,patches,add ons."

That is by far the silliest I've ever read. The moment the "final" game hits the stores it will be on the internet, the moment it's patched it will be on the internet. And the moment they release addons, they will be on the internet. And same goes for the store-BS.

I don't know who's gonna believe that kind of argument. A 7 year old with a PC probably knows more about the www than they obviously do or claim to know.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2009, 06:42:12 am »

That rings true on the BBS. They think starting threads degrading "Pirates" will show loyalty to the game. Usually it some newbies that want attention. The first thing they say is " Pirates will never get this or that..." and someone have to remind them those who have the torrent gonna buy the game anyway. WTF are talking about?

Hey nOobs, EA don't care about your loyalty, just your monies. Wake up!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2009, 06:58:03 am »

I think they have already confirmed my doubts about their collective IQ. by responding to every idiotic post with "bene"
As I said. Go there to read their drivel and tease them. Waste of time, a forum consisting of morons. Beam me up Scotty.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2009, 07:17:55 am »

Hey nOobs, EA don't care about your loyalty, just your monies. Wake up!

That's what always amazes me. The moment you say something negative about "their" company they jump you like a pack of wolves. It always makes me wonder if they do the same for their phone company or their supermarket. The ideal customers. Lull the into believing you're giving a rats and they scramble to defend your honor, whilst you can pick their pockets at your leisure.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2009, 04:55:10 pm »

Thing is, most of them are kids that whined at Mommy or Daddy to buy the game for them. It's not like their own money has been spent to get it for them, not like how it is for those of us that have had to earn the bucks to spend on EA's crap over the years. When they actually spend their own hard-earned cash, then they can jump all over people about it. Until then, they need to shut their gobs and sit in a corner quietly twiddling their thumbs or trying to get out of a Chinese finger puzzle.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: