Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 01:08:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 89678 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Feisty32
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 12:51:39 pm »

what i think is that i don't believe them nor do i buy this no securom in ts3 i think it's just a way of luring peeps to buy the game i am just very suspicious of them . Cheesy
Celestra

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 12:58:50 pm »

No where on the post by the developers did it say that Securom wouldnt be in there in some form , it just says a different form of security will be on there which could be a new version of Suckyrom
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:05:34 pm by Celestra » Logged

:wav: Ok so i cant design anything worthwhile .But i can sure as hell download custom content as fast as the next person:slap:
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:50 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't explicitly say that it won't be in the game still ... but I kind of think (or hope) that they won't include it. It is their job after all (at least to some extent) to make the consumers happy, so I would hope they would take our unanimous, burning hatred for SecuROM into account!

But then again, I could be entirely too optimistic.  rolleyes

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 02:23:37 pm »

Yes, this has already been posted Smiley. I'll merge the threads.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 08:43:53 pm »

Electronic Arts actually do something for the benefit of their consumers and not their bottom line? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!! [/sarcasm]

EA has gone as far as not releasing particular games (namely the 2009 editions of their Sports games) for PC solely for the purpose of avoiding the pirating of their games. And in all truth, that's the only way ANY company can avoid a game for PC (Or console even now that they are more like PCs now) from being pirated. Much rather then take the small hit, they'd rather hit us with some lame duck DRM that causes more harm to us and our rigs then them and their pockets. TS3 might not have Securom, but it will have some form of security coding. That's pretty much a given.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 09:27:26 pm »

All this drm. garbage that we have to contend with is now is becomming more and more intrusive and has never and will never prevent piracy.
To stamp out piracy needs a collective effort by world wide law enforcement. For only certain countries to actively police software piracy is a total waste of time. It needs to be done on a global scale, and once under control the inclusion of crap such as securom and all the rest of the drm. garbage should also be a illegal.
How hard is it to locate and shut down those that deal pirated software on a large scale? Never mind the country they operate from, its amazing just what a bit of economic muscle can achieve.
saowens
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 10:05:16 am »

EA has gone as far as not releasing particular games (namely the 2009 editions of their Sports games) for PC solely for the purpose of avoiding the pirating of their games. And in all truth, that's the only way ANY company can avoid a game for PC (Or console even now that they are more like PCs now) from being pirated.

Console versions of the games have been hacked for years just like pc versions. The biggest difference with the hack is you generally have to open up the system and do some rewiring so to speak.

I don't have a problem with them adding copy protection to the game. They are a business and have to be able to make a profit to keep the games coming out. I just have a problem with the way EA went about it by using Securom which can totally hork up your system.

I'd like to see them go with a third party protection like Byte shield if they must use something. That product is only concerned with protecting the product. It doesn't disable your legally purchased burning software or disable your cdrom drive. Heck, it doesn't even trash your hard drive.
Plus, Byte Shield can set an end of life date on their product so it quits protecting after the initial money making period has passed on the game. For those that don't know that's the time period between release and when a hacked version can be produced.

These days companies take that time period into consideration when they set the release price etc.

Nothing is hack proof. The manufacturer's goal is to be able to keep it un-hacked long enough to make a profit from the game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 01:40:50 am »

ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS!

Now that the game has officially been released, I hereby inform you that the LACK OF SECUROM IS TOTAL LIECAKE, exactly as predicted.

That is all.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:11:25 am by J. M. Pescado » Logged
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 01:55:06 am »

People should learn to listen to El Presidente. He is in fact the Obama of The Sims Community. Tongue

All jokes aside, that doesn't surprise me one bit. There was no way in just a year's time EA could have developed some other form of anti-piracy software coding. Securom is the coding they use for all of their major releases. The sad truth is the fact that they only care about their bottom line, not the needs and wants of their consumers. Needless to say...The Sims 2 = Buyer Beware. Add to that what Pescado has up on MATY about the game, I'm pretty much now completely turned off of the prospect of ever adding TS3 to my PC game library. Thank you sir for sticking a dagger in the neck and raking it across the throat of the DRM issue of TS3.

EA Fails. End of discussion...lol.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 02:29:07 am »

Woah!! OMG2 holy s**t! am I reading this correctly??!! did EA totally just screw us and decide to add SecuROM anyway? wtf I thought Rod Humble announced that TS3 would have a serial code just like TS2? this is a terrible blow to the community if I am not blowing this out of porportion can someone confirm this will there indeed be an online authentication needed to play and or register the game and worse will there be SECUROM? shocked
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 02:59:22 am »

Thank you sir for sticking a dagger in the neck and raking it across the throat of the DRM issue of TS3.
Daggers are for wimps. I prefer chainsaws. LAZOR-powered chainsaws.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 05:17:36 am »

Thanks for that information-but one question:

Does this really surprise anyone?

We should have expected this. We were gullible and naive to think that EA would drop its' total lack of brains when it comes to DRM.

Sorry, but this sucks.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:43:00 am by MaryH » Logged

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:09 am »

And I thought Xmas wasn't till December.Celebrate, celebrate, this almost guarantees the games failure, and hopefully EA. will follow the blasted thing down the financial s--t hole.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 12:06:44 pm »

I need to brush up on this but will SecuROM mess my computer up if I decide to buy the game? or will it only do that if I install and uninstall the game up to 5 times like SPORE I really need to know what I am in for before I go out and blow 50$ on a game that might mess my computer up! which everyone has said that  SecuROM was in all the EP's following Seasons and I never experienced any problems perhaps I was just lucky?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 12:36:35 pm »

Excuse me, people, but Pescado wasn't the ONLY one telling you that SecuROM was going to be on the stupid thing. As I recall, I was one of the people trying to warn you, but I was blown off. Excuse me, but your lack of faith is disturbing, to say the least. I do thank you, Pescado, for letting us have proof of said DRM. Now maybe people won't be so bloody sheep-like to believe anything that company claims. I doubt it, but where there is life, there is hope.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: