Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:19:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged two Sims 2 files from 2 different computers  (Read 1872 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
victoriageras

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2009, 12:34:04 pm »

Hello there!

I had installed sims 2(up to AL) in my laptop.Played the game,created sims bla,bla,bla.Purchased a desktop and installed sims 2 (up to AL) to it,too. So i had a brilliant ( huh angry) idea to merge my 2 different Sims 2 files, in order to have both of them (sims,houses etch) in one. As you can imagine,nothing of that kind happened. My game remained with the same characters,that i had already created in my desktop version of the Sims,while the characters that i had on my laptop,had gone (i erased the files from my laptop to free disk space,without back them up). That happened a long time ago, when i was kind of newbie and i didn't know much.

So the other day, i was playing with my favorite couple on twiiki island and suddenly, a sim that i had created,with my laptop version sims,appeared and started to chat with my female sim.I am 100% that he was the guy.

I recently used SImPE to export an inborn sim and i have this idea. Can i in someway, find my missing sims, so i can export them and reinstall them in my game?Also my lots (i had spend 4 days to build a house in my laptop version sims).

And appart from that,what i did (merging the two different sims 2 folders) is it catastrophic for my game?Nothing has happened,until now,but i just ask!

Sorry about my english, it;s not my native language. Any help will be wonderfull!Thank you very very much, for your time!
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:10:42 pm »

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I would guess that if you open SimPE, open the neighbourhood you have created your Sims and then go through Sims browser, then you can check what Sims there are in your game and export them as you wish.

As for merging files from two different computers, I wouldn't do it. In my experience, TS2 is one of those games where Murphy's law prevails: if there is a chance something to go wrong it will.

Your English is fine.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
victoriageras

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 09:55:24 am »

O M G!!It worked!! Thank you SO much!!! U  Rock

I found my sims and exported them with the correct way! I noticed sth, that i think i should worry zbout. I found on that i had duplicates or triplicates (if that word even exists) of the same sim, and not in a different age (cause i noticed, that an inborn sim i had had three files, in three different ages). Also some of my sims didn't have any pictures.

Should i start to worry???

In any case, thank you!!! Grin
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 06:09:29 pm »

As I have not a technical knowledge of those stuff and there are tons I don't know about  SimPE, I can't answer to why there are so double and triple files of your Sims. However, I do know that if I were in your shoes I would worry. Call it a feeling or something but three files of the same Sim does not sound good. I suspect it's due to the merging you did, which you shouldn't, in my opinion.

I'd suggest you export your Sims, clone them in the BodyShop and from there export them again on your Desktop. And maybe you'd be better off with a clean installation. Just in case something goes completely wrong in the not-so-distant future.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 06:15:11 pm »

For the missing pictures, it could be that your thumbnails are corrupted. You can try going into My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 and you'll a folder in there called thumbnails. Delete the contents of the folder, but not the folder itself. When you load your game or Bodyshop it might take a bit of extra time to generate the pages, but that's only because it's reloading the thumbnails. That should fix it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: