Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:11:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: BE AWARE! What TSR *really* do with your account details...  (Read 46238 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
X-Phile

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:01:38 pm »

This is from MTS2.
http://forums.sims-community.com/showthread.php?t=66708&page=1&pp=25

On the BBS threads get locked.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=1b6acae1aabb8867298f020b3e8c5207&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=d03a68d3922b81b8d3030989078edde6&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

This is the true face of TSR. They hack into someones account on different sims sites.
And EA supports this website.

EDIT:
Important links
http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,2399.0.html
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:12:30 pm by X-Phile » Logged
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:29:28 pm »

Heh. This doesn't surprise me one bit...

I want to keep this open for now, but I don't want to see a flamewar break out. Leave that to the S2C and the BBS, mmmk?

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 02:42:41 pm »

Agreed. It's important that people know about this, but the first flame ignited in here will earn a lock being slapped on this thread and perhaps more stern things (like vacations).

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nouk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 02:45:46 pm »

The corrupt Maxoids (better call them TSRoids) have completely disregarded everything in those threads, locked them, and deleted them. At least one poster I know of has been banned. And no, no site rules were broken.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:11:48 pm by Nouk » Logged

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 03:05:00 pm »

Boy, now I'm really never going to TSR's site again. Not like they have anything of quality over there, anyway.  rolleyes

My other ride is a chocobo.
X-Phile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 03:10:54 pm »

Even a thread I made got deleted within minutes.
Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 03:32:31 pm »

Even a thread I made got deleted within minutes.

Same here.  I made 2, and for that I've been banned as it's "off topic".  Since when has it been off topic to reference cc sites?
CII

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 05:10:32 pm »

The whole thing has got my blood boiling! Hopefully the Community reacts!

- Officially Gone Nutz!
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:41:08 pm »

I've never visited there and far as I'm concerned never will.

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 06:22:40 pm »

Well, it makes me angry that they're doing one thing and saying another, but that's why I don't go there and don't waste my money on pixels. Arrrr!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 06:28:21 pm »

I'm not regular visitor at the TSR either. I just go to do some fishing in their pond every now then. Though, the more I hear about that site, the more it makes me want to take my fishing pole and head elsewhere. Escape

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 06:39:40 pm »

It would be wise to distance yourself from people that commit such acts of barbarous vandalism, yes.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
phoenix_risin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 07:37:38 pm »

The thing that got me is the post made at TSR by Steve B
He made a claim that he does Not share anyones PAYMENT info that all that is secure. Which is true BUT No one ever accused them of sharing PAYMENT info as in credit card and banking details. We accused them of sharing out names and addresses etc.
Still unsure why they require my info when nothing is in fact shipped?? or have they finally stopped that?
The fact he turned off comments for ONLY that post does make him a bit guilty looking and only shows that he is in fact full of it and is not going to be corrected

What really gets me about the BBS They do all that talk about how concerned they are about keeping young people safe and we know the majority of the BBS is in fact Young they run to TSR because it is advertised on the BBS, Yet they know that they are in fact Not keeping this young folks info safe.

Wonder what the laws are regarding kids info and privacy?
 I know EA and BBS can not be sued but if TSR was seen as not keeping children safe and then Parents seen that BBS and EA supported them and KNEW this
 well that would not look really good would it for a company that actually sells a game to young people??

Just thinking outloud....
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 09:24:27 pm »

After that I have one additional reason to love the Booty and all those people who steal from the thieves.

As for EAxis, they are a bunch of hypocrites, but hey! We already knew that, didn't we? So, boycott is the answer. Enough is enough. I am fed up first with their SuckuRom, and now with their friendship with those despicable low-lives, TSR.

EAxis is not getting any more money from me. Period!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
saowens
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29:43 pm »

I would recommend that everyone take a close look at your firewall logs. Especially if you have had an account at TSR. Hopefully everyone has a firewall and doesn't just leave it the way it came "out of the box". Why? I have detected TSR doing UDP port scans to my computer as recently as March 7th of this year. They were always after midnight when I was not on the computer.

Before I saw the light about TSR a couple of years ago I did download from them. I still get their cc from time to time at the booty. Sometimes the booty doesn't have an image of the item I'm thinking of down loading so I go to TSR to see what it looks like first. So I keep a non paying account on their site. Most of it is junk but from time to time something decent shows up.

I really see no reason what so ever that they should be doing a UDP port scan to my computer but since I'm behind two firewalls with nothing allowed in except for what I allow I'm not really worried about them. If they should happen to break through the first firewall the network would be shutdown before they got to the second one anyway. My ip is NAT'ed and I don't allow ICMP

I've heard rumors that TSR puts tracking cookies in their content so they can track where you down loaded the content from. I have no proof of this and it is just a rumor, not a fact but them doing port scans on my ip does seem to lend some credence to the rumor.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: