Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:20:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: BE AWARE! What TSR *really* do with your account details...  (Read 46716 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2009, 07:59:26 pm »

Just as I thought that TSR couldn't go any lower... Sad, just sad and disgusting. Bleh

Lerf

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2009, 09:37:04 pm »

TSR's defense (and the Feisty person) both made me think of this quote I used to use for a sig on email:

Steve Eley wrote:

Invisible Pink Unicorns are beings of great spiritual power. We know this because they are capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2009, 10:24:19 am »

Thanks Joy, in looking at this post I feel there is a lot of information shared-thank you-and a lot of good advice. Mostly in the 'different password for different sites'--I was guilty of that. My laziness and my forgetfulness brought me some pretty lame-O passwords; but after having my myspace page compromised a bit ago I figured a more complicated one for each is so much more secure!  What is to stop them from figuring out the ones we use, though?  Well, the advice I was given was 'You change your passwords, often.'

I now have a notebook beside my pc (ok, so it travels with me, with my own pc dead in the water, and me traveling around to use other computers right now), with all my sites I visit (for custom content, as well as info) and the passwords for each. Luckily I've gotten my same name on each one so I didn't have to be too inventive there, but the passwords have been something I had to get used to.  I guess you're never too old to learn something new, right?

I think the pirate booty 'contest' was something to poke fun at the 'pirates' as they call others, as well as something to get publicity for other than taking others' private information. To make light of all this scandal and move on.  I don't think folks will trust them though. OR forget what they're doing.

I also don't think they would have as many members to brag about if they allowed folks to delete their accounts--they wouldn't be able to claim so many. 

Same as EA itself.  EA bragged about how many games they have sold, celebrating when it got to be so huge. What they didn't tell about, what was swept under the rug, was the amount of unhappy customers they actually have in that huge number.  People don't admire those who won't listen to customer complaints, who tell them 'tough bananas' when they have a problem-if they aknowledge them at all! They also have the foolish maxoids in the bbs to cover their bums!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:05:15 pm by skye » Logged

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2009, 10:40:31 am »

TSR's defense (and the Feisty person) both made me think of this quote I used to use for a sig on email:

Steve Eley wrote:

Invisible Pink Unicorns are beings of great spiritual power. We know this because they are capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them

To paraphrase Lerf here, what this quote basically means is "We believe in we say, because you can't prove if it's true or if it's fake, so you can't tell us we're lying." Which fits the TSR's response to this whole thing PERFECTLY. And as far as EA patting themselves on the back, you come to expect that from "The Evil Empire" of video games. Of course they're going to toot their own horns about their good numbers, and totally leave out the losses and complaints about not just The Sims brand, but other EA brands as well. Like how they were forced to lay off 20,000 people in 2008, and shut down an entire development house (Black Box Entertainment) because their last two games, Need For Speed Pro Street and and Need For Speed Undercover TANKED, and they suffered ungodly losses because the latter game didn't sell half as well as they intended, despite having as "Hollywood" style script and A-List actors such as Maggie Q in the game. Of COURSE they'd sweep that under the rug. That's big business for you afterall. You gotta love EA's "Not our fault, not our problem" approach to it all as well. Predictable in every stretch of the word. Furthermore, TSR's prodding at the whole "Pirate" angle is about as tasteless and tactless as they come. But at this stage, I pretty much expect nothing less of sophomoric, assinine and childish responses from anyone on TSR top brass. They'd rather joke around and try to save face then deal with the fact that they have the real thieves in their midst.

saowens
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2009, 12:53:58 pm »

Just an update to point you to where the real war is being waged on this.

Look here

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=704#more-704

and here

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,2399.0.html

Happy simming.  Grin
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2009, 05:07:27 pm »

Thank you! <3<3
Despite the silent on this thread, the issue hasn't been forgotten, you know? Cheesy

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:27 pm »

"Nevar forgive! NEVAR forget!" as the motto of a grumpy old fart with a bald head and prehensile beard would phrase it... Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2009, 06:45:12 pm »

Well, I'm used to forgive (not to forget though), but in TSR's case it seems impossible to do either. They have gone too far for their own good. They falsely accussed people of "pirating" TS2 expansion packs... on what grounds? With what proof at hand? Unless they think that "boycotting TS3" equals to "getting pirated copies". What morons!

I will probably sound like a broken record, but I'm going to say it once again: They should stop throwing sh@# around. The majority of The Sims players are ADULTS dammit! They don't need to pirate copies of anything. They DO have the money to buy them fresh from the store self. Pfff.

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2009, 07:12:32 pm »

The funny thing is, I know for a FACT, bona fide fact, that at least one of their FA's did pirate every EP and SP that EA Games ever put out. I bloody well paid for mine.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2009, 08:37:19 pm »

The funny thing is, I know for a FACT, bona fide fact, that at least one of their FA's did pirate every EP and SP that EA Games ever put out.
Talk about hypocricy. ...Oh, wait. Is that one of those things TSR and EA have in common?  Never mind. It was a rhetorical question really.

My LiveJournal
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:08 pm »

Oh the lulz gets louder: I found this today while searching at the Phorum.

Thomas is too funny! Looks like a misdirect to me.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2009, 04:40:50 pm »

One question comes to mind after reading that letter... what the heck is "mustbedetroyed"?  Is it implying that the city of Troy must be eviscerated?  Or maybe trojans?  I couldn't read it seriously after catching that in the first paragraph...   Giggle

(Ain't I a deluded miscreant?)   Evil

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2009, 04:43:24 pm »

One question comes to mind after reading that letter... what the heck is "mustbedetroyed"?  Is it implying that the city of Troy must be eviscerated?  Or maybe trojans?  I couldn't read it seriously after catching that in the first paragraph...   Giggle

(Ain't I a deluded miscreant?)   Evil

This is all Helen's fault, isn't it?  tongue

My other ride is a chocobo.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »

Her and that stupid apple...

Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking