Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:23:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: BE AWARE! What TSR *really* do with your account details...  (Read 46726 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 12:50:45 am »

Yep in this very thread, but I think the poster just mis-spoke.

After that I have one additional reason to love the Booty and all those people who steal from the thieves.

As for EAxis, they are a bunch of hypocrites, but hey! We already knew that, didn't we? So, boycott is the answer. Enough is enough. I am fed up first with their SuckuRom, and now with their friendship with those despicable low-lives, TSR.

EAxis is not getting any more money from me. Period!

One more time:

Phrase                          Meaning

those people who "steal"   => the booty
the thieves                     =>  paysites.

@Naria:
Thank you! Cheesy

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Feisty32
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 01:41:04 am »

OK, I AM gonna set the record straight on a few things, so get some popcorn and listen to the facts.

The Booty is fully bought and paid for, so please don't call us thieves. We decide to share pay files so other people can save their money and find out for themselves that a lot of what gets charged for isn't worth the money. Again, we don't steal ANYthing.

Yes, TSR puts nice little tracking software into the files you download in order to try to make sure that you cannot share the files that you have paid for with anyone other than yourself. Those files are cleaned by the staff that does the up keep on the Booty, so you don't have to worry about their little malware. Yes, it has been known to break your game, which is why I always tell people that if they want the stuff, they would be better off getting it from a safe source.

They have shared the information of about eleven people that were accused of sharing files with PMBD. They sent it to other pay site owners, such as Rose and Peggy and that lot. How do I know this? Easy. I'm a pirate, if y'all didn't know. There are places you can read about the goings on that are happening, if you want to know, send me a PM and I'll tell you where some of the discussion is taking place. A lot of people are angry and outraged, and they've a right to be.

Also, phoenix phaerie uploads to MTS 2 as well as TSR, so you can avoid going to them for her stuff. I know where I go to get it! Cheesy

but paden i've only read one side of the story here i'm gonna read tsr's side of the story i can't help it i guess i'm just to skeptical  and stubborn which is one of the many flaws i do not like about myself everyone has made some good valid points in this debate and i respect each and every one of yours opinions. Grin 

i'm think i'm just not gonna post comments in this one thread not the board but the thread lord knows i could never leave this board cause i love talking to all you awesome simmers and i tend to not wanna be in confrontations with my fellow simmers like i said i really do enjoy talking to each and everyone of you this to touchy of a subject i just don't really like confrontations and i like to try and avoid them as much as possible. Grin
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:49:32 am by Feisty32 » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 02:01:09 am »

It's cool, I just wanted to knock that label out once and for all. There's a lot of mis-information about how the files are obtained, though, and it was an opportunity to set the record straight, is all.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
X-Phile

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 02:13:23 am »

I'm banned from the BBS for 3 days. Rock
Yah! I'm a fan since 2004 been to the official website since 2004.
And this is my first ban. Talking about TSR.
PARTAYYY
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 02:16:42 am »

Yeah, they're having rather a slash and burn on that topic. A good many PMBD members have also gotten banned for talking about it. Gaah. To butcher a line from Star Wars, the more they tighten their grip, the more people will slip through their grasp.

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 02:17:16 am »

Congratulations, X-Phile!  Thumbs Up

I wanted to go over there and be "off topic" about TSR, but I couldn't for the life of me remember my username, password, or the email I used when I registered a very long time ago.  rolleyes

EDIT:  Cry butchering lines from Star Wars...

My other ride is a chocobo.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 02:23:29 am »

At least I didn't tell anyone to get a walking carpet out of my way... Cheesy

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 02:24:23 am »

"TSR? I'd rather kiss a wookiee!"  Wink

EDIT: Oy, it's about time to head to bed. I'm butchering Star Wars quotes myself. That should read, "TSR? I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee!"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:29:46 am by Naria » Logged

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 02:29:01 am »

This about sums up my opinion on TSR and its latest asshattery:

What I've wanted to say has been said, and what I could add isn't suitable for a PG-13 site. So I'll stick with the above for now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:35:41 am by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 02:34:51 am »

Okay, guys. I have written down my pass and username so I could give BBS a try. I'm taking orders. What do you want me to tell them? Personally I'd love to say MaxoidDrea to stick ... err, right.

If they banned X-phile after all those years, they will surely banned me forever: I have posted only once there. LOL

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 02:36:37 am »

Okay, guys. I have written down my pass and username so I could give BBS a try. I'm taking orders. What do you want me to tell them? Personally I'd love to say MaxoidDrea to stick ... err, right.

If they banned X-phile after all those years, they will surely banned me forever: I have posted only once there. LOL

I had a few choice words for MaxoidDrea. None of them I can write on this forum.  tongue

But from my understanding, they are only banning people for a few days. Perhaps if you curse at them you'll get banned forever. I was going to.  Wink

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 02:38:58 am »

Oh trust me, Jenna. I could come up with some rather "animated" things to say about TSR as a whole. And Nalia, I'd take you up on your "taking orders" post, but I'd rather not. The heat of what I have to say would burn your eyes out of your skull and melt your monitor, and it WOULD get you banned lifetime. I've been tame here, but I'm well known for having "colorful" language on message boards. Especially on subjects that piss me off. "Fail" is to nice a term to use for those asshats.

EDITED
for being slow and part drunk.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:46:22 am by kaoz666 » Logged

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 02:42:48 am »

First I'm not Jenna. Second, I don't have an account at TSR, I was talking about BBS the official The Sims 2 site. tongue

@Naria: I can attack MaxoidDrea all right. Fear not. Writing down exactly my thoughts about her would suffice. Perm ban. lol

My LiveJournal
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 02:45:53 am »

First I'm not Jenna. Second, I don't have an account at TSR, I was talking about BBS the official The Sims 2 site. tongue

@Naria: I can attack MaxoidDrea all right. Fear not. Writing down exactly my thoughts about her would suffice. Perm ban. lol

*Cheers Nalia on.*  Cheerleader

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 02:49:05 am »

I'm starting to smell a little smoke here, folks. Like I said, save the venom for elsewhere.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: