Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:41:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: BE AWARE! What TSR *really* do with your account details...  (Read 46720 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AnneUumellmahaye

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2009, 04:02:26 pm »

It's not about pay versus free this time, because even if you were a TSR supporter, you should be alarmed about the personal data leak there!
Change your password at TSR and any other Sims-related forum, for the sake of your very own internet security.
Nobody will force you to download from the booty or to stay away from TSR, but don't be surprised if someone takes your TSR data and messes up your other accounts.
I'm glad that I never registered at any paysite, that spared me a lot of trouble apparently.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2009, 04:25:24 pm »

i have never downloaded from the booty and i never will end of story. Undecided angry

*pulls out fire extinguisher*

Let's keep that debate out of this please. No one told you to download from the booty, did they? No. They didn't. That's not what this thread is about, so end the pay/free stuff. No more from anyone. Period. Keep the topic on track and the fires out of here.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2009, 04:29:26 pm »

Exactly Praise Joy Praise

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2009, 05:33:37 pm »

Hmm. That's the second warning we've had to give to keep the flames from rising. One more and I close this thread. Mmmk? Mmmk!

ETA:
Discuss and debate all you want, but keep the one-sided remarks to yourselves. Trolls and pyromaniacs are executed on the spot around these parts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:00:13 pm by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2009, 07:14:05 pm »

You have to make the choice to read and believe the evidence provided based on your own research and intiution.  Asking to have someone else prove what TSR or EA does is not enough.  I think people here are just trying to keep all of us informed about potential risks from dealing with untrustworthy sites.  Site that have been known to do unsavory deeds in the Sims' community.  Exactly how do you prove it if people won't believe factual evidence provided?

Take what happened here at insim in November for example.  Those who were members here, regular users or even newfound site lovers--experienced the treachery and then the Walt invasion & know what really happened.  We can go and read the massive fail threads & know it was true because we lived it.  Now try explaining that to someone who says it was all a hoax.  See what I mean?

It's all about reality and what you choose to believe.  Sometimes it's wise to err on the side of caution. All insult aside folks:  Inevitably it's your information.  Who or what you choose to believe, expose yourself & your private information to is up to you.   

Sims by Dasi:

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2009, 07:20:54 pm »

ok i'm really getting annoyed here if tsr is so bad why has'nt somebody reported it yet? untill  then of somebody can give me hardcore and solid evidence of this thing with tsr maybe then i will believe and don't give me links to read about tsr i want evidence some evidence that will prove this about tsr.
I'm getting annoyed too. For one, Delphy seems to be a person who tries to keep a balance in the Sims 2 community, and as such he would never pull stuff out of his [insert bad word here]; much more he would never ever go as far as to post about it. If, I say IF, you had taken the time to go through his post over at MTS2 and read --actually read, not just scrolling down-- what he says and look at the evidence he gives you wouldn't say all that.

Links are there for a purpose: to inform you and let you decide for yourself. If you expect we post "solid evidence" to your home address that will never happen. Just follow the links, read what people argue about and form an opinion of your own as to what is going on.

i have never downloaded from the booty and i never will end of story. Undecided angry
Hmmmkay. Just for the records, who told you or even *suggest* you to do so? And what this has to do with the current issue?

Anyway, Feisty. I believe you're kinda pro-TSR for some reason (maybe you think all this bashing is unfair and you feel obliged to support the other side just out of sentimentality or something). That's fine with me, and I believe with the rest of the community here. But, please, refrain from derailing the discussion which can result in a locked thread. Personally I'd hate that.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
MacJake

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2009, 07:56:26 pm »

well, I'm really not surprised at this development

I would advise everyone to change your passwords here, just in case

Zordac - what was that about UDP searches - what the heck does that mean and how do I check for it?? *is very paranoid*!

You can do a quick check here.

securom.NOT

accompanied by lots of sword waving and whatnot
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2009, 08:31:10 pm »

Delphy is getting all of the evidence he can, which is a good thing. Each and every one of us has a mind all their own and what they believe is up to them, not going to try to brow beat anyone into seeing things the same way I do.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
saowens
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2009, 10:10:26 pm »

Fiesty, two years or so ago I would have been feeling exactly like you do now if something like this were to happen. I would have been in total shock and disbelief and defended TSR also.

If I've said anything to offend you I do appologize. There is no personal animosity towards anyone or by anyone going on here.

Their are some interesting twists to this also with TSR saying that they had a security breach three months or so ago and that breach could be the reason for what happened. I'm willing to take their word on that point but if you want real proof, ask TSR to show their log books for that breach. I would know the exact date of that breach. Not just a general time frame.

Ask Shakeshaft why "her" UV mapping is a carbon copy of the stolen items.

There are still facts to come out about this I'm sure so I'm just sitting back and digesting all of the information before I come to a verdict.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2009, 11:09:03 pm »

I'm willing to take any alibis from Thomas or anyone in top brass at TSR at face value, and face value alone. Maybe it did have something to do with that security breach they had. But on the same token, doesn't that sound like a rather convenient excuse for them to pull out of their asses? "Someone pirated our logs, and attained the info needed to alter Buggy's account on MTS2." If that were true, here's an interesting concept. Why just Buggy's info? Why not snatch up as much data as you can grab before the cyber cops find out what you're doing? Pirating security logs for just one batch of user info from a hacker's standpoint isn't just a generally stupid idea, but not worth the risk either. It obviously had to be someone with sole intent on attaining Buggy's info, and Buggy's info only. Which would mean the culprit is either one of two people, someone who had it out for Buggy, or someone on the inside of TSR administrative infrastructure. And Delphy's info isn't just hard proof, it's factual. He showed the IPs AND ports of both Buggy AND the account pirate. And while TSR did divulge the info of their security breach 3 months ago, that still doesn't explain why the Pirate's IP and Ports match to the number with Thomas' last known MTS2 IP/Port numbers. Either someone is really stupid, or someone went through some real pain staking steps to not only snake a single person's log info, but also has access to an IP mask program that can mask their IP to pretty much be whatever values they want, and conveniently opted to use the values of Thomas' IP.

Being a tech savy person, as well as a reformed Hacker, (Reformed in that I haven't done it since 2004 because my own IP is flagged by the FCC...long story) that's way to much coincidence to take anything anyone in the hub of Admins of TSR has to say seriously. It just doesn't add up, no matter how you play the scenario out. Of course I'm speaking from a technical stance. If I were going to pirate the logs of a site, I'd get the WHOLE THING in one shot and burn the place to the ground, especially if it's a site not regulated or a has it's info on a private server, because there's less people monitoring it, and less risk of getting caught. Hence TSR had this breach and barely knew of it...IF it was actually a security breach. I've read up on the state of affairs and events leading to the act in detail since yesterday, and it's not syncing up. Someone along the lines is construing some portion of the evidence, and it damn sure ain't Delphy.

saowens
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2009, 11:28:17 pm »

Kaoz, I agree 100 percent.

I'm not seeing the logic in the security breach either unless it was to discredit Thomas and TSR. That sounds more like a personnel vendetta to me. It just wouldn't make sense. To do that just for the sole reason of discrediting someone would be risking the hackers lively hood at the very least. They could have done more discredit to TSR by stealing member information.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2009, 03:18:53 pm »

Oh man, you guys. I haven't read it yet, but: http://www.thesimsresource.com/articles/myths

My other ride is a chocobo.
AnneUumellmahaye

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2009, 03:34:47 pm »

Oh wow...what's actually proven with this?
But this might have a side-effect TSR does not want: If there have been people who weren't aware of what's going on (new to the whole Sims 2 community and so on), now they'll know about it!
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2009, 03:39:17 pm »

I'm just afraid people will actually believe them ...

Sigh.

My other ride is a chocobo.
AnneUumellmahaye

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2009, 03:55:37 pm »

I'm afraid you're right, and they're trying to make Delphy look like a computer noob:
"Oh look, the biggest Sims 2 freesite is run by a clueless person that doesn't know how proxies work!"
angry
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: