Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:47:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: BE AWARE! What TSR *really* do with your account details...  (Read 46220 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 02:51:38 am »

Edited my post. But the fact that they're playing Gestapo on the BBS forums instead off owning up to the fact that an extreme wrong doing was perpetrated only leads me to further question the moral standards of those behind the scenes on the EA Sims team, and those who run the main site. What, do they think if they just keep censoring and deleting what people have to say that it'll magical go away? They're just adding more fodder by doing it. Damn shame someone there isn't smart enough to figure that out.

But then again, it's because of general stupidity that this whole situation came to pass in the 1st place.

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 02:53:04 am »

I'm starting to smell a little smoke here, folks. Like I said, save the venom for elsewhere.

*Tosses water on the fire.* Sorry Jenna.

My other ride is a chocobo.
X-Phile

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 03:31:03 am »

I just looked at the Sims 2 official website.

It has moved from general discussion  to Sims 3.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/start.php?openItemID=item.225,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23
saowens
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 08:36:23 am »

1.Cashcraft what you see on her mini site is what you see in the game all her creations are georgous i just wish she would join this site so her talent is appreciated.
2.Phoenix Phaerie a another great and talented artist

Yes, I would agree that Cashcraft does make some very nice cc but you have to be careful with how much of it you have in a lot because her items can be memory hogs.

I've thought Phoenix Phaerie was very talented since she came out with the Tuscan Kitchen a few years ago. That is one of my favorite kitchen sets.

Over all though TSR has a larger base of craptastic items than quality items but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 09:00:27 am »

I really like Cyclonesue's industrial buildings. I hope she finds a nother site for herself. I was just wondering about that tracking software... is it limited only to the pay items or is included to the free items as well? I have never bought anything from TSR and never will. Undecided

X-Phile

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 09:38:26 am »

I really like Cyclonesue's industrial buildings. I hope she finds a nother site for herself. I was just wondering about that tracking software... is it limited only to the pay items or is included to the free items as well? I have never bought anything from TSR and never will. Undecided

Both pay and free have tracking software. I read that somewhere.

Just go to the Booty. Those items are save, because those talented people removed the spyware/malware from the items.

If linking to the site is also forbidden on this site I'll edit this message. Wink
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:24:18 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
skavenhorde

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2009, 09:56:29 am »

I have been a looonnngg time lurker at both modthesims2 and here (well sorta here if you know what I mean. I am still shocked at what happened to the other site that is not there anymore) My name was skaven510 but I could not register that.

I just want to say that I can not believe what is going on or that TSR was actually tweaking their downloads to mess with your game and spy on you. Now their hacking into other sites. This is beyond insane...it is like entering the twilight zone.

Anyways I thought I would add my 2 cents worth and say that I agree with you guys 110%.

I have a couple of questions if you do not mind answering that is related to TSR. Is it true that they are getting the tools to mod TS3 and no one else?

This one is a bit off topic but what is up with the STORE at The Sims 2 site? Is this a preview of things to come? The only way to get custom content is either through their Pogo like store or TSR?
saowens
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2009, 10:21:11 am »

Both pay and free have tracking software. I read that somewhere.
Just go to the Booty. Those items are save, because those talented people removed the spyware/malware from the items.
If linking to the site is also forbidden on this site I'll edit this message. Wink

I'm pretty sure the booty only has content that is pay content from other sites so creators like Phoenix Phaerie at TSR isn't there because you can download her content for free from TSR and other free sites, which means you still get the tracking software. Also linking to the booty is not allowed. I've been gigged on that one myself.  rolleyes
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2009, 10:29:17 am »

Zordac, linking to the booty isn't expressly forbidden, but we ask that it be kept to WCIF posts or uploads that have a shopping list, and only if the original pay creator is linked to as well Smiley

but paden i've only read one side of the story here i'm gonna read tsr's side of the story i can't help it i guess i'm just to skeptical  and stubborn which is one of the many flaws i do not like about myself everyone has made some good valid points in this debate and i respect each and every one of yours opinions. Grin

Actually, Feisty, wanting to get both sides of the story isn't a character flaw; to me it just means you want to be well informed on a subject before making an opinion. That's never a bad thing.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
onyxpetals
Escaped Asylum

I shall eat all your chocolates.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2009, 10:43:24 am »

freakin scum.

I am so changing all my passwords now.

why oh why did i sign up at that devilish site?!

BTW, THEY'RE KICKING ASS OVER HERE:

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,2399.120.html

a creator w/ the nick Manga is being bashed for being a high-end jerk.

skavenhorde

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2009, 10:49:21 am »

I just got done changing everything. Man there are a lot of sites that I go to with the same name and password. Gotta change the way I do that.

Thanks a bunch TSR...
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2009, 10:58:02 am »

Well, it's never a good idea to use the same password for every site you log into just on general principle. If someone figures out one, they pretty much have access to everything. Even before this happened, it wasn't considered a good idea, and this is just one reason why.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
onyxpetals
Escaped Asylum

I shall eat all your chocolates.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2009, 11:09:18 am »

I just got done changing everything. Man there are a lot of sites that I go to with the same name and password. Gotta change the way I do that.

Thanks a bunch TSR...

same here, i feel like bitching... i have a pretty weak memory, so now i have stickynotes everywhere just to remember all my passwords.

skavenhorde

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2009, 11:11:06 am »

Well, it's never a good idea to use the same password for every site you log into just on general principle. If someone figures out one, they pretty much have access to everything. Even before this happened, it wasn't considered a good idea, and this is just one reason why.

Yea I knew that. I was just too stupid to think that something like this could happen or that I was too low off the radar for anyone to care about. Anyways...thanks for giving me a swift kick in the butt to stop being so naive  Wink
saowens
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2009, 11:24:38 am »

I just finished reading the BBS rules at the "official BBS site" and I'm wondering now if the real reason that EAxis is locking and deleting so many threads is because of this one rule.

"Posting etiquette and rules that are most frequently broken or misunderstood on the Forum (BBS):

Illegal Activities:

- The discussion of illegal activities is not permitted. This includes software piracy, game "cracks," among other things."

TSR did engage in illegal activities.

Maybe they aren't so much defending TSR?
Maybe they are gathering evidence against TSR for their legal department.

If that is the case then remaining silent on this would be the prudent thing for a corporation to do.

I'm sure EAxis has some sort of legal contract with TSR and those are not easy to break. You also can set yourself up for a law suit (again) if they do have a contract and allow this type of bashing then they could be held liable by TSR.

Just thinking out loud. Not defending the evil empire at all.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: