Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:09:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How will The Sims 3 affect the online community?  (Read 8625 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 08:53:35 pm »

Ah. Okay, then. Maybe I misunderstood. I heard Vista was taking over completely. I am relieved for anyone who runs completely on PC. I just game on it. But I use a Mac for everything else. I just trust it more. No offense to die-hard PC fans.

That's cool that boots quicker. I'd love to have that. My system is so slow, it drives me nuts. Course, there are also some other issues with it, too, I'm sure.

So, since I'm computer challenged, would I be able to upgrade, or am I screwed as far as using my PC for future gaming? I have XP, by the way.

(sorry for the double response - my computer froze - isn't that appropriate at this time?)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:16:10 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 10:51:59 pm »

Kinnika, Xp. is still being supported by Microsoft until such a time that win.7 takes hold. The win.7 beta was released in January for evaluation and will replace both xp and vista. The good news is that unlike vista you will not need any hardware upgrade$. Even better news it boots quicker than xp and any old pc that's running xp. will run even better on win.7

I think that computers running better with 7 than with XP is a bit conditional.  I can run XP on a computer that doesn't even have enough HD space to run 7.  The 7 beta I'm running right now seems more stable than my XP Pro SP3, but boot times are a bit longer and the same software seems slightly slower.  I'm not put off by that at all, mind you.  For the better looking interface, I'll pay the price.  Well, until August, that is...  I'll be working on putting together a new rig and depending on the budget, I may stick with XP.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 11:08:46 pm »

I've been really intrigued by this question lately: do you think that the Sims 2 community will thrive and stay active or will it gradually fade away like the Sims 1?

Looks like you and I were somewhat being telepathetic, Magicflute. I started a very similar post in "General Sims 2 Discussion" called "No Death for Sims 2". Check it out...

I think the Sims 2 forums may just morph into the Sims 3 eventually.

This is what my post was almost "protesting". We, at the InSimenator were hoping and were re-assured that this site would not morph to going Sims 3. This makes me happy. Any other site wants to support the 3rd - they're free to do so.

Awesome. You know what they say about great minds! Grin
Yeah, I would be way ok with the sites splitting rather that morphing. There's such a great sims 2 comm. here ... it would be a pity to lose that. On the other hand, I kind of hope that some kind of sister site type of thing gets going. I'd love to see what some of the amazing creators on this site and others could do with the sims 3 ...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:44:14 pm by Magicflute » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: