Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:43:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Problems: Baby Clothes, Apartments  (Read 7409 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2009, 02:10:48 am »

Hi, I was making an apartment building, well trying to, and I had a problem.  They building was at one time a Residential lot, before I got Apartment Life. I made a row of Townhouses, and up until I got the new EP, I was using the door hack over at Simlogical. Anyway, I read the instructions for the cheat on how to make a Residential lot into an Apartment lot. I made sure none of my sims lived in the lot. And I did the "changeLotZoning apartmentbase" cheat in the build mode of the house. I tried it three times and it still will not work. Is there something I may be doing wrong to prevent my Residential lot from becoming an apartment lot? (If it means anything, I had the apartments furnished. It never seemed to cause problems on apartments I downloaded, though. So I didn't think furnishings were a big deal). I have all the EPs if that is important.

And another minor issue. I have the Sim Blender, and I recently downloaded the Baby Clothes Changer from this site, in the Mods section. In order to change the baby's clothes, you have to make the baby selectable. I try and try to make the infants selectable with Sim Blender but it will not work no matter what I do. I cannot make the baby selectable. His picture shows up on the side of the screen with the rest of the family, but I can't click on him to make the baby the active sim. I don't know why. I don't think I have conflicting hacks, since I just got all of my hacks straightened out a couple months ago. Any ideas?

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 03:33:04 am »

I have no idea how to solve your apartment problem. Did you exit the lot then re-enter after you put in the cheat? That's worked for me the one time I made an apartment. Create it as residential lot, give it proper entry doors, enter cheat, exit to neighbourhood, re-enter lot and hey presto! apartment mailbox. I say this because you just described entering hte cheat multiple times, but didn;t say if you exited to hood and re-entered or not. That's how it works with dorms, too, IME. They don't change in front of your eyes after you enter the cheat - enter cheat > exit to hood > re-enter lot.

For the making baby selectable issue - 1. Make baby selectable. 2. Make baby unselectable. 3. Make baby selectable again. I know that's a bit weird but that's how it seems to work: selectable > unselectable > selectable > "control" baby.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:23:17 am »

re apartment - did you change out the front doors on the apartments with the apartment door with the mat on the outside of the building? are they on foundations and do they have back doors?

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:38:43 pm »

Thank you both very much for the advise. I did use the correct doors with the mat outside, made for apartments. And none of the apartments have back doors. Here is what I did exactly:

-Made all of the sims move out of the apartments, so the lot was vacant (but furnished, if that matters)
-Went into the lot on Build Mode
-Entered the cheat
-Returned to the Neighborhood

When entering back into the neighborood, I have heard that the green 'apartment square' should now be floating over my lot. It wasn't there, so I re-entered the lot and typed the cheat again, then went to neighborhood view again. Still nothing. Perhaps I should try to do the cheat, and then re-enter the lot without typing the cheat, then leave again?

I tried the thing with the baby. When I choose to make him selectable, it doesn't register right. His picture does show up, but he is not selectable. So when I try to choose to make im unselectable, his name isn't in the list of un-selectable sims. I will keep trying.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 07:08:08 pm »

I've never tried to make a sim selectable using the Blender. Why don't you activate debug mode in neighbourhood view (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true), enter the lot, then shift click on the baby and try making is selectable using the Make Selectable option on the interaction menu? That's how I've always done it in the past and that always worked for me.

For the apartment lot, make sure there are no sims living on the lot (as you have), then make sure each apartment is furnished properly. When placing the apartment entry doors, make sure that the mat is on the outside, not inside the apartment. Also, at least until you get it sorted out, make sure there is no second door leading outside, unless it is to an enclosed balcony or a yard completely enclosed with a fence. All the apartments need to be created as separate entities and cannot share a yard that is accessed directly from the apartment. You can have a common area outside, but the apartments have to be totally separated. There is a way to get around the "no back door" issue (described in the Wiki) but until you manage to create a valid apartment, it's probably best to stick to making one that does not have a second door leading outside the apartment.

If you don't have the Prima Guide, try reading through the preview here. On page 18 it lists the stuff that stays behind when an apartment is rented. I think that at a minimum you have to have a fully functioning kitchen and bathroom for the apartment to be considered "valid".

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:59:02 pm »

I am such a dunce! I went throught he apartment thing again, looking and looking, wondering what I was doing wrong. Then it hit me, I still had a driveway on the lot! As soon as I deleted it, everything worked properly.

I am going to try the debugging thing to see if it helps me select the baby. Hopefully it does. THanks for all of the help!

ilikeberryjello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:03:38 pm »

open cheat box type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true shift click baby click make selecable. u need to do it till hes selectable. choose the outfit shift click again. click change outfit. select naked. then hes wearing the baby outfit hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: