Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:12:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Story idea...just afraid it'll fall flat.  (Read 3577 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
soopersweet2005

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2009, 08:27:46 pm »

I've been reading Sim stories forever, and I've always thought about writing one, and I actually start coming up with a plot, and sims, but it always falls flat in the end. Either the plot is the same you see in almost every story, or I just lose interest because the plot line is lagging and I can't think of a way to pull out out.

Anyways, I recently came up with an idea, and I really want to continue, but I'm looking for opinions about it, you know, to figure out if it's been done before, or uninteresting or what. Anyway, my idea was a story of a woman who had died watching her family from above, wishing to be in their lives, and trying to help them to achieve happiness and get back to a normal existence.  I think this story could really work, I'm just hoping that maybe someone would be willing to help me if I start to get stuck?
rylangere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:51:58 pm »

I think that's a really great idea!  I haven't read a story with that plot before, so it would be a new to me!  I'm thinking there are many different places you could go with a story like that.  Perhaps the mother died during childbirth and her son/daughter grows up with this terrible guilt because they feel they are to blame.  The story could be about their exploration to find out more about their mother and in the process they find themselves and realize that they aren't to blame.  (I just realized that this sounds a lot like My Girl 2- Oops!) However, with your original idea of the mother watching over them as they go through life, it could give the story a different perspective!  Of course, that's only one idea!  Whatever you decide, I think it would be interesting and realistic to have the mother rooting for the child to succeed, yet have the child fall short at times.  No one is perfect!  A character that the reader can relate to is always a great way to engage your audience and keep them interested!   I hope I haven't babbled on too long pr strayed too far from the original topic...   Cheesy

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." Ralph Waldo Emerson
soopersweet2005

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:07:49 am »

Actually, a lot of what you said was kind of what I was thinking about. The only difference was actually how the character died. I've been playing around and typing up a beginning, and she ends up dying trying to save her daughter...I dunno if I'll actually do anything with this story though. It needs quite a bit of fine tuning.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 03:45:47 pm »

I really like that idea...  do you know if anyone ended up doing it as a story, such as rylangere? Sorry I'm posting on this thread after so long, but I think this idea is great!

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: