Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:44:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 content manager  (Read 2282 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:42:52 pm »

Hi, all! I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as I have with Sims 2 Content Manager. When I go through my folders (in past and present), it crashes and gives an error box everytime it finds a fence. I don't use S2CM very often but when I do, this drives me nuts. I'm using it again as we speak, because my game keeps having random crashes but now I'm tranferring all the fences into their very own folder. I was wondering weather there's something wrong with the fences (which I personally don't believe) or if it's a glitch in the program. Any thoughts are welcome. Smiley

saowens
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:51:28 pm »

What kind of an error is it giving you? Does the pc crash?
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 03:59:45 pm »

No, PC doesn't crash at all. The manager just begins to check the folder and in some point - when a fence is found - the program halts and a small box with red X shows up with a simple text; "Error". When I klick "Ok", the program shuts itself. After that, I have to manually find and remove the fence in question. After that the Manager checks the folder without problems. It doesn't even mind about mods or hacks. It does that to every single fence, old and new. I just can't believe that there is something wrong with fences, because the Manager seems to hate them in general. Clean Installer doesn't have this issue. I just don't get it. Hmmm

saowens
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:27:58 pm »

That is pretty strange. Could the fences have been run through a compressing program? I don't know if there is an updated version of CCM but that might be something to look at. Hope you get it figured out. Post the solution here if you do ok?
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:06:29 pm »

My files are compressed now but I've been struckling with this oddity for a quite a while now, well before the compressorizer was introduced to dowloaders, so no, it has no bearing to the problem. It's so strange. I even changed my PC to a newer one awhile ago, which of course meant that I had to instal everything all over again, including the File Manager. The problem stayed, however. I only asked now, because I wanted to know if anyone had managed to figure this out by now or if I was the only one having this problem in the first place. If not, then maybe EA managed to screw up the manager somehow. Dunno

If I manage to solve this then yes, I will post the solution but it doesn't look promising. Undecided 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: