Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:49:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Historically minded creators, please help.  (Read 2734 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2009, 06:27:15 am »

Hi there,

First, thanks for reading. 

I've finally bitten the bullet and am setting up a medieval/Pratchet type neighbourhood and am looking for ways to employ my serfs.  I was thinking of setting up a mine, where my serfs would dig for treasure and with BV I can do this.  What I would like is for my sims to have a mine option and when mining they could find 3 or 4 metals or minerals to pass on/sell to their employer.  To make it extra special maybe a diamond could be thrown in as a once in a life time/generation thing, which could then secure that poor sim's future enabling them to move up into the merchant class.  I do not intend this to be a career just an added option for making money really.  Thinking about this as I write I'm sure this set up could be beneficial for other scenarios too.

The second thing I am asking for is basically a bringing together of stuff already in the game.  I'm sure this has been asked about in other places and if I have missed a link I apologise.  How to write a novel without a computer?  I would like my historical novellist to sit down and write a novel in the same way as kids and students do homework.

Are these things possible or have they been done?  This is my first request and it's been a long time since I even posted on a forum (was computerless for ages) so hope this is right.  Again, thanks to all who read this and good luck and thanks to those who attempt to create these.

miss nette

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 01:14:19 pm »

How to write a novel without a computer?

I love this idea!!
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:04:32 am »

A wee update for anyone that's interested.
I have asked someone elsewhere to make the mod for novel writing without a computer, they say they are interested and will give it a bash.  There is no time frame but hopefully the mod will happen at some point.

maye_faire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 03:17:16 pm »

Oh my god, I've been looking for a way to get my British Regency Sims computer free!  I can't even find a typewriter for adult Sims.  If someone does come up with a way to get Sims to write novels like children and students do homework that would be perfect!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: