Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 09:29:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Space Flight Helmet as Hair  (Read 3135 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CB2001

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:39:01 am »

Now, as you know, I'm a "Battlestar Galactica" fan.  And I have been looking for some necessary items for "The Sims 2" that are based on the show, to which I hope to get before I can begin work on my machinima comic book fan fiction series and hopefully before "The Sims 3" comes around and we lose a lot of Sims 2 Content makers.

So, what I need, as a hair (or as an Accessory if doing it as a hair is not possible) that is the space flight helmet normally seen in the show.  This particular helmet is seen in Season 2 in the series through to the series finale. The following link has some good pictures of a replica of the helmet.  If you need further pictures, let me know and I'll see if I can get some good screencaps from the BSG DVDs in my collection.  I should point out that whenever an actor or actress wears the helmet, the padding within the helmet keeps from actually seeing their hair.  The glass of the visor may be difficult and may have to be done separately as an accessory, but from what I've seen with other examples, it's not impossible to do.  But I figured I'd give a heads up

Link with pictures of helmet: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=9329

I hope that someone takes this on.  I would love to have it and use it for my Sims.

**Admin note: Please share pictures via photobucket, imageshack or whatever 3rd party site you like. Do not upload pictures to the server.**
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 09:37:43 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:13 am »

BTW, if anyone who does this needs more pictures, let me know and I'll see what I can find.
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:00 am »

Hey, I know it's been a while on this request, but I've got something that could be useful for making the flight helmet possible.  At the following website, there is a motorcycle helmet that looks like it can be modified to match the shape of the flight helmet.  Here's the address to the site (helmet is down at the bottom of the page): http://sites.estvideo.net/bipsouille.sims/accessoires5.htm

I think it's a hair mesh, so it shouldn't be a problem to modify. It'd either be this one or Kavar's motorcycle helmet.  But I think that the one I've linked to is more round and close to the helmet of the show in shape than Kavar's.  But it's completely up to you, but I'd definitely would like to get this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: