Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:02:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF? snowy lots flashing blue **NOW WITH PICTURE**  (Read 7048 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2009, 02:24:06 pm »

this is not EP specific except maybe seasons.
it was snowing on my sim lot yesterday, and then instead of the fallen snow i get a FLASHING BLUE lot. it was so annoying. it'd flash blue, black, then back to the regular lot. but it was flashing really quickly.
is this a mod conflict? what the hell?

edit:

here's to give you an idea of what it looks like, and how freaking annoying it is. it flashes blue and black, and then back to normal terrain. there's no snow on the ground.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:37:32 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:12:10 pm »

Do you have any mods that control the weather or the sky? Is it blinking when you are actually playing that lot, or when you are looking at it from Neighborhood view?

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:24:25 pm »

i don't have any weather mods as far as "anti weather reaction" from maty

i use the scriptorium, and a sunset/sunrise mod from here
http://modthesims2.com/download.php?t=295814

it only blinks when im playing that lot, i haven't seen the snowy neighborhood view yet but i'll check

EDIT: i uploaded a small video, too. so you can better understand the problem.
in this clip, the grass terrain isn't showing like it was before. it blinks blue, black, and sometimes the green terrain.
blue and black mostly, though. as you can see.

download the movie below.

* movie007.rar (2417 KB - downloaded 143 times.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:48:39 am by JacobM » Logged
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:58:52 pm »

It only does it on that single lot? Have you tried taking your mods out of your downloads folder (or removing all of your custom content) and trying to see if the lot still flashes like that? If after you remove your custom content, the lot no longer flashes, it means that you probably have a corrupted or conflicting mod. If I didn't know any better, I would say it looks like a faulty mesh, like what happens with accessories at times. So, see if removing your mods helps, and if it does, we can go from there.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:43 am »

flashing blue is some kind of CC problem. maybe your sunset hack?  try taking it out. did you make the lot yourself?  did you download the lot? 
majalene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 08:03:46 am »

I had this problem before, but with water. I had to change my graphic card.

Sorry for my bad english!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 08:58:28 pm »

the lot is just a small, square of a house i made on an empty lot with my sims living there. it was after i actually built the house, they're very nature oriented so they just lived outside.

i've encountered two other problems though, there's a flashing blue box on the corner of every lot, but it disappears in live mode when i put my cursor over it.
and my sim was digging a hole outside, and it's hard to explain, it there isn't any 'dirt' on the hole, just grass. so it looks like they're digging into grass, basically.
i'll try taking out the sunset mod, but i don't know why it's happening i've had that mod before without any problems.
the only thing i've done recently was reinstall nightlife because of missing textures, and i had to reinstall everything after seasons.

this happens on all lots, by the way.

do you think my seasons files could be corrupt?
i have a problem now because i've lost the disks for seasons and earlier expansions, except nightlife.
i do have all the disks that come after seasons and all stuff packs.
family fun stuff, i can't find though.
majalene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 09:06:20 pm »

I'm sure it's because you desinstalled and reinstalled your EP. You should desinstall all your game in keeping your download stuff. I had problems with that kind of thing. But after desinstalling the game, you have to go in execute, regedit, then click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER, software, and delete ea game. After, clean your hard disk, and defragment it. Restart your pc, then reinstall your game. That the better solution for your problem, I guess.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 09:12:16 pm by majalene » Logged

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 09:22:12 pm »

it was only nightlife though, i've done it before and i didn't have a problem. i don't really know how nightlife can corrupt files in seasons. i found my seasons disks so i guess i'll just do an uninstall/reinstall and see if it helps. would defragging really do anything for my game? is there an advantage to cleaning the hard disk?
majalene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 09:37:08 pm »

Yes, it is. But to clean your hard disk, it's very easy. Just right click on the your hard disk, go in proriety, then clean, ok. Repeat the right click, propriety, then clean, other options, click on the last cleanup button, then ok. I think that if you reinstalled nightlife under season, that might not be good, because the patch that comes with seasons are not in nightlife. So it makes a bug. I think it's the problem. Unless that someone have another idea.

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 07:21:43 am »

don't know how much help this will be but read this:

http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142042&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=316747

http://linna.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1213381#post1213381

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 01:03:23 am »

will cleaning my hard drive make this bug that i've created by installing/reinstalling nightlife after seasons disappear?
btw, i've uninstalled and then reinstalled seasons again, it didn't make any difference.

amc4620000 thank you for the links, but those are all custom content problems.
this is a problem with just the maxis terrain, not any corrupt or missing custom content terrain.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 01:19:53 am »

I know I'm getting old, and my memory might not be what it used to be, but I'm sure I've seen at least 20 threads with similar problems.  I'm just as sure that a search would bring them up.  If you have any problems searching, just let us know.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 01:30:34 am »

are you sure? because no one here (yet) has come up with a solution that i've tried, that works. :S
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 02:13:47 am »

I just did a search on "flashing blue" at the top of the forum and got 6 pages of results. Surely one of those posts has the solution you need.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: