Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:06:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The 'Against The Knee Buster of Urbs' thread  (Read 5233 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:01:42 am »

c'mon maxis, where is the urbz? that was the bomb for ps2! if it was pc that would be wicked! Or at least a extention for sims 2/3 or something! Im being deprived of Urban goodness, so much its making me write loads of boring crap! Who else wishes Urbs for PC?

edit: The disscussion on urbs has been and gone blah blah now lets complain about the damn monkey yay!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:18:38 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
Shatunova
Shatunov's Laskovyj Zajchik

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:12:24 am »

I still want that game. I never got it, sadly. Sad It seems awesome! It was never made for the PC? o_O okay, I've definitely not been paying attention. X_X

"Chtoby poproshchat'sya s letom my prishli v holodnyi park.
Do svidan'ya leto, my tebya blagodarim.
Ozero i les, odety v belyi i holodnyi park i oseni dym, i oseni dym, i oseni dym..." - Yuri Shatunov, "Osennyi park" (1990)
Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 11:29:37 am »

Its a good game, but the storylines a lil.... scrappy.

Its also annoying that this game (along with sims 2 PS2) had the BEST SIM EDITOR compared to the pc version. And the pc version is meant to be the better one  Lips Sealed

I havent been paying attention either. I only knew sims 3 was coming out a couple of days ago Sad

Feisty32
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 11:34:15 am »

definately not me ea can keep their evil games from my computer unless i srinkle the game with holy water lol. Laugh ROFL
Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 11:38:31 am »

lol ill use holy water on it and on my temper if its released with securom

Shatunova
Shatunov's Laskovyj Zajchik

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 11:40:07 am »

I havent been paying attention either. I only knew sims 3 was coming out a couple of days ago Sad

LOL! Good to know I'm not the only one! I was like "Sims 3? o_O really?!"

"Chtoby poproshchat'sya s letom my prishli v holodnyi park.
Do svidan'ya leto, my tebya blagodarim.
Ozero i les, odety v belyi i holodnyi park i oseni dym, i oseni dym, i oseni dym..." - Yuri Shatunov, "Osennyi park" (1990)
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 04:52:40 pm »

haha i remember that one! think i still have it somewhere Smiley
it was a good game!

--<br />the world's got a nosebleed
Nerdii_Phresh
NerdiiSiim_Lover

Ima Graphic Designer Cheq out mii Links

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:24:00 pm »

;DI loved that game but i had it on DS then i broke my DS so i got it on gamecube.But they were both equally sucky. Embarrassed

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 06:53:19 am »

I used to play it all the time.  The main reason:  for a console game, the sims were so customizable, especially with the body shapes.  The actual urban theme was pretty cool, too, and it's actually where the first versions of my Sims OTP originated.  Grin  I also liked the different jobs (being the sequential button mashing master that I was at one point) and the fact that you could actually live within the different districts if you wanted to without ever going home.  And the graphics were outstanding... seeing the reflection on the streets when it rained, and checking out the view whenever the camera panned into a district was a real treat for the eyes.   Cheesy

The only things I didn't like about it was you didn't get a choice in whether or not you wanted an actual pet or not, they just threw it into your pad once your rep got to a certain point and it messed all over the place (and that d*mn monkey... don't get me wrong, I was absolutely ecstatic that there was a monkey in the game, but even he was an avid "puddle" maker and he always wanted to "play baseball" with my sims' kneecaps).  That, and after a while, everything became a little monotonous in trying to build your rep. 

I'll admit, it would've been cool if they had made a PC version and went all out with it, or even made a sequel with more options... that way, people could add their own modifications to it, just like in Sims 2... but just vanilla, the full thrill probably wouldn't last but so long for certain people.  Sad

Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 07:32:05 am »

Reading what you said brought back memories  Grin

I too was annoyed by the pets. The first bulldog moved like it was overweight, the cat was anorexic (not in a offensive way  Undecided) and the monkey looked like it rampaged my wardrobe. And one time my whole house was a swimming pool of puddles (my sim didnt help... she was just as bad)

It would be good to have it as a expansion, like adds districts and gangs of people. And adds the body customisation. But like you said, if it was a seprate game again it wont have its thrill anymore.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 10:36:05 am »

I hated that monkey. Try to be nice to the little sucker and he'd give you a black eye in the knee caps! Oooooh, I hated that monkey! We had the game for the Game Cube but my son trashed the disk during his teething phase one time while I was in the kitchen getting food for him. And they say puppies chew on weird things! Gaaah! I loved the options we could have in customizing the sim, or in this case, Urb. I actually got my husband to go two-player with me. He liked the monkey until the first time he got hit by the little (expletive removed). We both hate the monkey. My son liked to watch him, though...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:48:18 am »

That monkey was the spawn of the devil I tell you. Tongue I played the crap out of The Urbz. I couldn't agree more about the options and level of customization the game had, one of the funnest parts of course. Then there was the "Sign Language" interaction. There was noting more fun then walking up to an "Urb" and flippin' him/her off, lol. That's one I wish they would have carried over into the PC games, but why would EA actually do something sensible like port over features from console versions of the game to the PC version? That's just CRAZY talk. [/sarcasm]

Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 12:54:55 pm »

lmao like your sarcasm!

@Paden well at least your son prevented the devil monkey from punching your kneecaps  Undecided

Oh, i also remember it had that utterly stupid autonomous system where as soon as you cancelled a action the sim desides to do something else  angry bah i spent ages trying to get my urb to do something without it being autonomous!

EDIT: i got a more fitting thread title now

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: