Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:01:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims game stops responding when entering lot  (Read 1767 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
animefangel
Regular Requester (most likely will be.) ^^;

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2009, 04:08:09 pm »

It works perfectly until I enter a lot. It loads it up but it doesn't take me there. I had boolprop testingcheatsenabled true turned on, but turned it off (false) and that didn't fix the problem. I can create families, and pets. Go to the downtown, vacation spots, and universities, but not the lots. It's been three days since this problem started and I want to play my families. I created a family and had them move in, but it didn't load the lot. I got out of the game and back in and the family was in the lot. This time it loaded the family , but they didn't do anything. They just stood there. I could still click on them and tell them what to do, but they wouldn't do anything. Is it boolprop when you can click on the mailbox and it says something like 'make me know everyone'? I tried turning it off again, but it's still doing it. This happened three days ago and now it won't even load the lot. Now that I think about it it did something like this last week, but after a few tries it started to work. Now it won't. Help please!

I lack talent and/or time to make my own content so I\'ll probably be a regular in the requests forum. I\'m also a big critic. Sims have to look right to me. So if you creators are up for a challenge PM me.

Currently requesting: Aeon from Castlevania Judgment, Albel from Star Ocean 3, a large treehouse, a Morman Temple, Garnet's hair, Eiko's horn from Final Fantasy 9, and more.

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 05:20:27 pm »

Greatest likelihood is that you have incompatible or conflicting custom content in your game.

Often times, it can be an item or a hack that comes along with a custom lot you may have installed.

Ferreting out and removing the offending file(s) will fix the problem.

See here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Time consuming to do all the steps, but more than worth the effort.

One other possibility is that you have one or more unpatched EPs/SPs. If so, get the proper patches and install them.

Patches are here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
Ninja

:)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:51 am »

I had a similar problem. It wouldn't load, it just stayed at the loading screen forever. So I reloaded the game and it loaded fine, but none of the sim's plumbbob showed up, and they wouldn't move at all.

So I put in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to see if any error messages popped up.
It did, it was a CC problem, so I pressed 'delete', and it worked fine.

I'm not sure whether or not I was meant to do that.. but it worked for me.

So I would guess that its a CC problem. Try taking all your CC out of your downloads folder and loading it again. If it works, it's definitely the CC.

My signature is waaaaay better than your signature!
animefangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »

Thanks everyone. It was the CC and it's solved. I think. I haven't really been playing it lately sooooo...

I lack talent and/or time to make my own content so I\'ll probably be a regular in the requests forum. I\'m also a big critic. Sims have to look right to me. So if you creators are up for a challenge PM me.

Currently requesting: Aeon from Castlevania Judgment, Albel from Star Ocean 3, a large treehouse, a Morman Temple, Garnet's hair, Eiko's horn from Final Fantasy 9, and more.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: