Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:32:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Insimenator and isa being made fun of.  (Read 7174 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lilys
Color lover.

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:45:55 am »

Hi all,

Yesterday while brownsing online i've discovered a site known as the garden of shadows making fun about our sites calling it worst sims 2 sites.Lots of creations on there have been targeted mine included.
Have a look here http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=11342.0
to see how it started and here:http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=22.11310
for others insim members creations subjects to their harsh critics if these are real critics.But be warned,the comments are pretty offending.In my opinion these were heartless,cruel comments but to them these were just opinions.You don't have to cruel,insensitive to say you don't like other people stuff.
Well no question that any of them understood where i'm coming from since I critiziced their site so they all jump on me calling me a kid and moaning.So now i can't even defend myself,have to let them insult me?Well dream on.I wouldn't be moaning in the fisrt place if they hadn't started this sick thread.Even the owner didn't see anything wrong in the comments of her members.Well she has to stick up with her members isn't she?

I don't want to play their game and bitch other people creations.And I don't think the admin would agree for us to have a shot at theirs creations.We won't bow down to their level.I just thought our sites should know about them.After all since we are being judged we should know and have a say in this.

I'm lilys
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:20:59 am »

Calm down,there are a lot of melon heads all over the net that are going to pick things apart and be total smeg heads. Just because they have a rotten opinion about something doesn't mean that opinion holds any water, now does it? Just because someone screams, omg, "Your mother wears army boots!" does not make it true. Let it roll off of your back because at the end of the day, what do these people mean to you?? Anything? No? Then it doesn't matter.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
lilys
Color lover.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 12:15:15 pm »

True but it's so annoying.I hate having my day spoiled because some creep talked rubish about me or the things i love.But it's ok,i will forget about it eventually.After all you are right,i don't know any of this "worship the dead people" so they can just go and jump to the death for all I care. Evil

I'm lilys
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 12:20:22 pm »

Too sappy, too whiny, too many kids, too many newbies, not enough creations, mods not good enough...I've heard a bunch said about our community.   You have to ask youself a few questions (imho).

For example:  Does this matter to me?  Do I like it here? Do I enjoy creating and sharing here?  Do I really want to invest my time and energy in other people's negativity?

I visit many sites. I get info from many.  When  I encounter dissension I say my peace or leave it alone if I feel it is unproductive.  Those of us who enjoy inSim & ISA will keep them vibrant regardless of who points & laughs or criticizes.  

I know the creations and mods I value on both sites & that's enough for me.   If they criticize any work of yours, my advice would be to make one of two choices:

1.  Dissect what they say about your work, use the useful advice and toss the trash-talk.

OR

2.  Ignore them completely.  True you might miss a pearl of wisdom or two but you have to ask whether wading in a dumpster to search for one is really worth it.

& Before any one site accuses me of calling them a dump--that statement refers to anywhere you feel uncomfortable.  I am a member there as well as other places, however I don't participate in raging flame debates or useless critiques, no matter where they are held.  If I have an opinion I state it.  If people aren't listening I don't waste my keystrokes.

Wouldn't matter who says what to me really, I like it here just fine Smiley .

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 12:29:37 pm »

But do you like what you make? That's the important question. If you don't think anything they said had merit, then just shrug it off. If you read some things that you feel might have had merit, then take it into consideration and move on. What they said was just opinions, no matter how hateful they said it. A lot of people use the relative anonyminity of the internet as an excuse to be rude and spiteful as they otherwise would not be in real life. If they don't like what you make, then they don't have to download any of it, and if you don't like what they say, then dont visit there.

Yes, we have a lot of people sharing stuff here who are just starting out, but not everyone has to like everything and not everyone can be great right from the start. Doesn't mean we can't be supportive. People improve. I know a few people all over the community (not just GoS) who started out rather rough and are now amazing creators. *shrug* Life is full of people who don't know how to give proper constructive criticism.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:46:18 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:05 pm »

People are entitled to say what they think. It's called freedom of speech. If they want to have a Worst Finds thread, let them. If you don't like it, then don't read it. If you are happy with your creations, then don't let anything anyone says bring you down. You made them because you liked them, right? Everyone has different opinions. Just because one person doesn't like them doesn't mean another person doesn't love them. There's a lot of stuff in the Worst Finds thread I actually like. There's a lot of stuff in the Best Finds thread that I don't like. If they want to share what they think, they are most certainly free to do so. I don't think you have to start multiple threads bashing people, on both websites, just because someone doesn't like something.

There is no need to get up in arms over a few simple comments. If you have to read them, then take them for what they are: Opinions. Everyone has them and they aren't all the same.

My other ride is a chocobo.
lilys
Color lover.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:55 pm »

Thanks for the reply.I think I took their craps at heart.They hurt me in a way cos i thought i was doing alright.I'd like to think i'm not the worst sims 2 creator.But anyway I shall forget and ignore them from now on and not generalise too cos i don't think all the people at the garden of shadows are like this.Two of them apologised so...
On here if people don't like something they keep it to themselves,they respect others people feelings this is what make insimenator and insimadult the coolest places to hang out to.I love being on here and our creations are great so I should keep believing in that and not let doubts get into me because some bratz played darts on me.I'm open to advice and critiscism but if it's in a disrecpect way,I can't give credit to it.
Thanks for your time.
I think that your advices will help other people like me fragil at heart to see past that.

I'm lilys
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »

We try to give positive feedback and criticism in order to help people improve. It does no good to post something like, "OMG, look at the horrid flood-filled crap you uploaded, are you NUTS?!" that's all in caps. Advice and constructive comments go a long ways towards helping people get better, as well as pointing people towards tutes and such. But going on and on about how your feelings got hurt isn't doing you any good and just makes them giggle. Swallow it down and don't feed them, simple as that.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 01:49:35 pm »

^^ What she said.

People are welcome to say something's not their cup of tea, as long as they're polite.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 04:30:30 pm »

Coming from one who has had a secret written about my sims style, I feel ya.  Tongue  It stung me more that certain people weren't honest about it in the first place, but I eventually got over it, mainly because I like what I do, and I continually do it on purpose.  (Because those of you who know me know almost all of my sims look exactly alike...)  Cheesy  And to be honest, in retrospect they were right about how weird they looked back then.  Considering how EAxis' face templates are disagreeable with how I shape my eyes, I definitely got some extremely weird looking kids and adults.  Thank goodness for CAS face editing, because I'm finishing up fixing some of those problems.   Grin

I guess what I'm really trying to get at is, sometimes people have the nastiest ways of saying there's something wrong with what you do... and it's frustrating when you don't know what's wrong in the first place because all certain people do is leave behind those general "ugly/weird" comments.  It's even more disheartening when there's no one willing to tell you this stuff up front, but are more than willing to talk about it behind the scenes with others.  If that's how they want to be, there's no changing that.  But like Joy said, as long as you like what you make, you shouldn't let it bother you too much, if at all... people will say anything on the web just because they can. 

Either way, know that there are always people out there who actually like the type of content you make, and most of them might be a little "shy" to say so at times.  Wink

VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 05:18:34 pm »

Well, just having finished reading all I can say is that you need to be the better person here.  There will always be hippocrites and bullies online.  I particularly liked them calling you a troll for responding to *their* 'attacks', and threatening to ban you.  Also, calling someone a kid or childish or whiney is generally compensation for an insecurity just like their bullying was in the first place.  Basically, if someone can't criticize you to your face they are a coward and for them to threaten you for your response proves it.  BTW, I'm a Sailor Moon fan (have ALL the episodes and Manga) and have some of your stuff...

Hi all,

Yesterday while brownsing online i've discovered a site known as the garden of shadows making fun about our sites calling it worst sims 2 sites.Lots of creations on there have been targeted mine included.
Have a look here http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=11342.0
to see how it started and here:http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=22.11310
for others insim members creations subjects to their harsh critics if these are real critics.But be warned,the comments are pretty offending.In my opinion these were heartless,cruel comments but to them these were just opinions.You don't have to cruel,insensitive to say you don't like other people stuff.
Well no question that any of them understood where i'm coming from since I critiziced their site so they all jump on me calling me a kid and moaning.So now i can't even defend myself,have to let them insult me?Well dream on.I wouldn't be moaning in the fisrt place if they hadn't started this sick thread.Even the owner didn't see anything wrong in the comments of her members.Well she has to stick up with her members isn't she?

I don't want to play their game and bitch other people creations.And I don't think the admin would agree for us to have a shot at theirs creations.We won't bow down to their level.I just thought our sites should know about them.After all since we are being judged we should know and have a say in this.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 06:13:12 pm »

I don't want to start a fight here, but ... this thread is kind of upsetting. Lilys went on Garden of Shadows, and let me quote, said this:

Now It's my turn to look at your creations...I hope i won't offend you as much as you offended me. But then again I'm not a cruel,evil freak like the rest of you who kill time by insulting other people's work!!And I bet none of you are Sailor Moon Fan either.Easier to judge this way,isn't it?

Yes, she was upset. She had a right to be. She could've handled it in a more mature manner, though. She called everyone on GoS a cruel, evil freak.

Now you guys are saying that GoS are bullies? Because we express our opinions? I'm not even active in the Worst Finds thread, but I can tell you right now that the people at Garden of Shadows are not bullies. I found more acceptance there within a week of joining than I ever did in three years here, despite me not being "alternative". You really can't expect to go on someones forum, join, and call them cruel evil freaks and they'll say, "Welcome, nice to meet you!" If she'd handled herself better, took a deep breath and typed in a civil manner, I'm sure they would've said they were sorry and welcome to the site.

Undecided Lilys herself has said that she wasn't going to generalize, and I was happy to see that. She also said some of them apologized to her, I was happy to see that too.

So why are we still calling everyone over there a bully? I've stuck up for InSim over at GoS, and I'm going to stick up for GoS over here at InSim. Call me whatever you please, but it's not right to make generalizations about an entire forum because they defended themselves.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 06:38:05 pm »

Now, before this gets out of hand, let's get something straight... Wink

Not everyone here is attacking GoS.  Most of the statements made were targeted as a general overall within the Sims community, and even in other communities with such problems.  GoS is NOT the root of all evil, and I do agree, the whole situation could've been handled a little better than it was.  I just hope the things said weren't taken in a site bashing perspective, because in reality it happens everywhere.  If so, let's be sure to stop it there before things get a little iffy.  Sad

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 06:46:20 pm »

I know not everyone in this thread is bashing GoS. But some of lilys comments are a little uncalled for. She was pretty much trying to warn everyone to stay away from GoS, that it's evil. Then she said we were creeps who "worship the dead people" and that we can go jump to our deaths?

Undecided I'm just asking that this thread realize that not everyone at Garden of Shadows is like this, we don't worship the dead, and we aren't evil freaks.

Sigh. I'm just going back to the spam thread.  Cry

Feisty32
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 07:19:38 pm »

Calm down,there are a lot of melon heads all over the net that are going to pick things apart and be total smeg heads. Just because they have a rotten opinion about something doesn't mean that opinion holds any water, now does it? Just because someone screams, omg, "Your mother wears army boots!" does not make it true. Let it roll off of your back because at the end of the day, what do these people mean to you?? Anything? No? Then it doesn't matter.

paden i totally agree with you. Grin

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: