Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:40:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Lot to Residential  (Read 2352 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rylangere

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2009, 03:17:07 pm »

Is it possible to change a community lot to a residential lot?  I built a new dorm, but accidently made it a community lot without even thinking!  I'd hate to lose all the hard work.  Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:12:57 pm by rylangere » Logged

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 03:42:49 pm »

Of course it is. Just use the changeLotZoning code. I've done that countles of times. Smiley

changeLotZoning residential
or
changeLotZoning dorm

rylangere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 04:01:50 pm »

Thank you so much, Sierra!  I figured it was something simple!   Cheesy

Edit:  I changed it to changeLotZoning dorm and when I moved my sims in, it went right into build mode with limited building options.  I changed it to a residential lot and I had full building rights, but my sims were not there!  Any idea on what I did wrong?  I thought changing the zoning to a dorm fixed it, but my sims are not there!  It shows that they live in that dorm, but when I enter the dorm, it's in building mode.  I hope that makes sense...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:16:55 pm by rylangere » Logged

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." Ralph Waldo Emerson
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 05:01:18 pm »

Thank you so much, Sierra!  I figured it was something simple!   Cheesy

Edit:  I changed it to changeLotZoning dorm and when I moved my sims in, it went right into build mode with limited building options.  I changed it to a residential lot and I had full building rights, but my sims were not there!  Any idea on what I did wrong?  I thought changing the zoning to a dorm fixed it, but my sims are not there!  It shows that they live in that dorm, but when I enter the dorm, it's in building mode.  I hope that makes sense...

Apologies if I'm misundertannding the situation, but did you change the zoning while your had your Sims on the lot?

That's a no-no.

Move the Sims back to the bin and try moving them back into the lot only after you have finished your design work and after setting the zoning to what you want it to actually be..

Regarding changeLotZoning -- it functions best if you use it on (a) lots unoccupied by any of your Sims and (b) if you exit back to the 'hood after changing the zoning and then re-enter the unoccupied lot to do whatever you need to do under the new zoning.

To get full building options when creating/altering dorms, you don't have to change the lot to residential at all. While in the unoccupied dorm, use:

boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled false

to enable all building/buying options.

Change back to:

boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled true

when done with your construction/decoration and then exit the lot.

When you move your Sims in after that, the dorm should function normally.

It may be the case that the specific dorm involved in your question is now toast, but moving the Sims out, making sure the zoning is correctly set without them in the lot and then moving them back in might kick things to normalcy.

rylangere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 08:48:14 pm »

When I first changed the lot zoning, no sims were living in the dorm.  I immediately moved sims in after changing it, but when I click to enter the property it loads as if no one is living there.  I will play around with it and see if I can figure it out.  Thanks =)

Edit: I think it's toast =*(  I tried everything rwills suggested, but no luck.  In the future, what is the proper way to build a functional dorm?  I don't want this to happen again!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:17:54 pm by rylangere » Logged

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 04:44:24 pm »

When I first changed the lot zoning, no sims were living in the dorm.  I immediately moved sims in after changing it, but when I click to enter the property it loads as if no one is living there.  I will play around with it and see if I can figure it out.  Thanks =)

Edit: I think it's toast =*(  I tried everything rwills suggested, but no luck.  In the future, what is the proper way to build a functional dorm?  I don't want this to happen again!

Pretty clear how-to of necessary basics here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims-2/280698-sims-2-university-frequently-asked-questions.html#post4613749
rylangere

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 09:56:03 pm »

Thank you =)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: