Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:07:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: AGING - Player choice as to when it happens  (Read 7156 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:18:22 pm »

Hello,

I have been trolling the boards for awhile now and have not found a mod I did not like. Cheesy

Now, heres my request:

I'm looking for a mod to pause the aging process, no longer automatic on the final day and is user controlled only, via the birthday cakes or menu option.

Edit Here is a link to what I've found so far.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm

My setup, as per guidelines is: Double Deluxe, University and Open For Buisness.

Thank you and have a great day! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:09:55 pm by Parthos Kin » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:52:32 pm »

Why not just use the cheat agingoff? it will pause or stop all aging by any sims on the lot and the neighborhood if your not careful..an easier alternative to making a mod when a cheat in the game my default will do the same wouldn't you agree?
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:04 am »

True..if I never wanted to have my sims grow up Smiley From my understanding, using agingoff/onn does not allow you to use the cakes to 'grow up' your sims. Is this misconception on my part? Cheesy

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:38:37 am »

So is there any reason why you don't like Inge's hack that stops aging (No Aging Patch)? It seems to do everything you want - stops sims from aging, controlled by player via cake, etc, does not affect pregnancy. And best of all - it's already made Smiley

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:12:57 am »

Fair question. Smiley I have been playing with it for a few days now and its like ..I do not want it to be dependant on having the special object cake to control things, but rather, something on the sim itself to control when they grow up.

A selection by each sim, that says, age on/off? If off - Allow Grow up via cake system, If on - As per Maxis normal.

It may make the mod request a bit big, seeing as I do not know really what something of this magnitude entails in terms of overriding base code, but when I get right down to it, I'm looking for individual sim selectable aging global mod, as opposed to a pause everyone aging mod and use this object to age when needed.

Does that make sense? (It is late night after all and my fingers tend to not translate what my mind is telling them properly ) Cheesy

Edit:Looked into the other mod I'd found with SimPE, and to further clarify what I am requesting, it would be let the sim age bar fill up and pause, not go into a forced 'grow up' action until a user initiated action to grow the sim to thr next stage of sim life. There may be a mod already out there that does that, but I havent found it yet.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:53:31 pm by Parthos Kin » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 05:06:21 pm »

I have been looking into this but I haven't found a way to do it yet.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 06:43:53 pm »

Thanks for looking into it Squinge. I've taken alook at thos other mods and while i can follow the logic loops, how it actually works is still greek to me at the moment  huh
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:21:59 pm »

Your welcome  Grin I will let you know if I can figure out a way to do it.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 06:48:12 pm »

You can try Monique's aging control mod for now until Mr Squinge figure out how to get a mod working as described in the OP.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 02:50:46 am »

Ooo. I see. Looks like I'll be trying the local version to see what it can do.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 05:25:33 am »

I use Monique's aging mod because it allows me to turn aging off individually for the Sims I want to keep from aging. She also made another mod for pets that worked similarly by allowing the player to turn individual aging on or off for the pets.

But whatever floats your boat if you find something you like.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 06:51:04 am »

Indeed! And it seems to be relatively straight forward to boot. Question then for you, with the options for aging off, does the bar still fill up?

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 01:15:22 pm »

No, the bars will just freeze in the same way for Sims who became vampires and stopped aging. They will be exactly how old they are when aging is turned off or on for them.

Dancing Squirrels
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 01:39:27 pm »

Allright, good to know. Cheesy I know I saw some sims aging up (ie bar increases while playing) and nothing on others, so its good to get confirmation.
Parthos Kin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 12:02:32 am »

Allo!

Since it has been a month since a response, is the consensus to bury this idea? Cheesy

Cheers!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: