Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 05:34:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poseboxes freeze my game  (Read 3934 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
duranna

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:48:02 pm »

I used to only have sims pet stories, and that worked decently for me. I'd downloaded a couple of poseboxes and they were working fine. Now, I finally got the sims 2 deluxe, and so I went to install these same poseboxes again, but now every time I put a posebox in the downloads folders, my game freezes during loading. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

EDIT: I just tried putting in a posebox that uses maxis poses instead of custom ones, and that did work. So, any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:50:20 pm by duranna » Logged
brat1083
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:13:24 pm »

You need to list other EP your running as well.
duranna

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:05:54 pm »

Oh, sorry. I thought that was quite clear from my post. I've only got the sims 2 deluxe, which equals to basegame + nightlife.
brat1083
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:45:40 pm »

I though that you may have had more EP that you listed bad brat for assuming Embarrassed
Try going here http://www.simwardrobe.com/  hit the sims2 button, select Programs
and look for the program "Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility" I remember that I had a simular problem.
I did know about this program I reload my hack unitl I found the one that caused the conflict.

duranna

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:58:06 pm »

Thanks for the help Brat. Smiley Unfortunatly the program can't fnd the problem, so I'm still in the dark about this. It's strange, I just found out I could use Decorgal's model posebox and some which use only the standard maxis poses, but I really wanted berry's luvluv posebox.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 01:21:17 pm »

Some poseboxe's may use animations that come from an ep you don't have. What's unfortunate is that not all creator's list the appropriate EP you need. I have all EPs and SPs, so this isn't a problem I run into, but I have in the past. A good habit to get into is to place all your new downloads in a subfolder within your Downloads folder. That way, if one of the new things you installed doesn't work, you have less to go through to find it.

I also have all my pose boxes in their own subfolder, so if one ever gives me a problem, I only have 20 or so files to rifle through rather than thousands. At this point, the only thing you can do is put your poseboxes in one at a time to test them out and find the ones that work with your game and the onese that don't.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
duranna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 02:20:24 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I just went through all of the poseboxes on sims2wiki though, and none of 'em seem to work. They all make my game freeze on the loading screen.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 03:32:55 pm »

I just found this on another a thread:

Double Deluxe had been known to cause multiple problems with various mods from not only here but from MATY, Simbology and other places. The way Double Deluxe was written to be played has changed, and some people had trouble getting certain mods to work.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
duranna

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 04:58:00 pm »

Well, I don't have double deluxe, just deluxe, but I'm guessing it's the same problem. That sucks!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 04:42:21 pm »

I only have 20 or so files to rifle through rather than thousands

only 20 poseboxes Joy?? Wow, you have a lot still to download then!!!

sorry for hijacking your help thread duranna

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
duranna

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 04:46:34 pm »

I don't suppose you know of any poseboxes that only use basegame plus nightlife, Ali? I'm really looking for some with nice couple poses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: