Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:40:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Your PC if its compatible with Sims 3  (Read 142086 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 08:51:29 am »

I passed on everything except video ram? I have 96 mb instead of 128. does this really matter? i got a nice green tick for everything else.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 11:02:18 am »

Thanks, I had no idea there was such a site.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 11:04:15 am »

Haha I ran it and it's telling me I have active X and Java problems. Smiley Typical.
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 11:46:08 am »

I failed because my CPU is too low. So, when I play the game, it is likely to shut off when it gets too hot. I have a question, if I install the game, will it still use my CPU when it is not in use? I guess I'm trying to say, will it slow down my computer and Internet?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:59:13 am by LVishere » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 11:05:29 pm »

CPU Speed, is what you failed on LVishere? I would think that the game would probably use this aspect to make the game run faster on higher settings, but someone told me that RAM would make the game go faster which I failed on because I only have 448 MB tongue so I am not so sure maybe someone else could answer this for you. I passed on the CPU speed with flying colors I only had one notch before maxing out the quota so I think I am good on that part Wink
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 11:10:15 pm »

Ha! I passed on everything, and passed high. I didn't think that would happen. Now if I for some crazy reason want Sims 3, I can have it.

My other ride is a chocobo.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 11:15:25 pm »

Good for you Naria Goodjob
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 11:45:22 pm »

The more ram you have the more information can be stored on that ram for immediate use. If you have insufficient ram. the program will use your hard drive to store and use the information it requires to run the program.
It is a slow process and will lead to significant frame rate drop and serious lag not to mention short hard drive life.
If a program constantly needs to access the hard drive this is evident by the red light near the power button either constantly flashing or staying on.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 06:09:11 am »

I have Xp SP3 and it runs just fine so I wouldn't base your purchase decision solely on that.   I never uninstalled TS2 either.

Sims by Dasi:

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 07:11:18 am »

I failed because my CPU is too low. So, when I play the game, it is likely to shut off when it gets too hot. I have a question, if I install the game, will it still use my CPU when it is not in use? I guess I'm trying to say, will it slow down my computer and Internet?
Your pc. will run as per normal when not running the game, That's providing your pc, can actually run the game. Take care because you stand a chance of frying your cpu. if you push it beyond it's limits for to long, Some pcs will shut down when overheating, some wont.
Your safest bet would be to put the game away somewhere and wait until you can afford a faster computer.
SillySimmer8

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 06:39:01 pm »

I have what I hope is a simple question. I just bought a brand new gaming laptop in preparation for TS3. My question is can I run TS2 and the TS3 and not have any conflicts or memory problems. I must state that I only installed the base game, pets and mansions & gardens (left all the others off) and have only downloaded a few necessary hacks like the InSim. Will I be able to run both?

Thanks in advance!
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 07:48:52 pm »

If you still have the required free disc space then I see no reason why not.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 09:04:11 pm »

And as long as you're not trying to run both at the same time Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SillySimmer8

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2009, 07:08:56 am »

And as long as you're not trying to run both at the same time

HaHa, as computer illiterate I am - even I know not to do that. Thanks for answering my question.
simminbaby

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2009, 08:23:58 am »

I am using an old computer a 2004 compaq with  intergrated 64mb video card xp service pk 2 and I had to download swiftshader and it works on my computer. Its very slow but I can live with it. I'm just saying maybe you shouldn't rely on the test, and just get it and see what happens. you can always surf the net and find something that would make it work. I know my new computer has a intergrated vd card 6150se and it will work as well its actually at the computer tech right now and if its working on this old piece of crap then it will most def work on my newer one.

S*** happens when you party naked...you should try.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: