Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:32:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Your PC if its compatible with Sims 3  (Read 142003 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009, 10:17:12 am »

How do you get the edges to appear better? The quality of my Sims 2 game is emasculate, but the edges of the sims and objects can look imperfect sometimes.

*Moderation Note:  Double post merged.  Don't forget, if you have something to add, please use the "Modify" option in the upper right-hand corner of your post instead of double posting.  Thanks!*

CPU Speed, is what you failed on LVishere? I would think that the game would probably use this aspect to make the game run faster on higher settings, but someone told me that RAM would make the game go faster which I failed on because I only have 448 MB tongue so I am not so sure maybe someone else could answer this for you. I passed on the CPU speed with flying colors I only had one notch before maxing out the quota so I think I am good on that part Wink

I think the game will run faster with ram, which I have. My CPU speed is under the radar, though. But I think it has a lot to do with the ram. I couldn't even play The Sims 2 on my old desktop because of lack of ram. When I put it on my current laptop, it breezed like spring wind. You should get the game because "run it" is not accurate for the most part. My question is still grasping for an answer guys.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:24:41 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 12:14:19 pm »

I think the game will run faster with ram, which I have. My CPU speed is under the radar, though. But I think it has a lot to do with the ram. I couldn't even play The Sims 2 on my old desktop because of lack of ram. When I put it on my current laptop, it breezed like spring wind. You should get the game because "run it" is not accurate for the most part. My question is still grasping for an answer guys.

Truth is, all components play a major role with games like that. Noone knows how it's coded, but you probably need a solid CPU, a good video card and Ram. Ram alone won't buy you anything, since it only allows more operations to be calculated without using the hard drive (which is much slower as has been said). Without knowing the actual game, I would say the standard is GPU power/CPU power and a fast hard drive.

And keep in mind, that a 32 bit system is only able to adress 3 Gigs of Ram. If you want more, you have to have a 64 bit system.
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2009, 02:41:51 pm »

Truth is, all components play a major role with games like that. Noone knows how it's coded, but you probably need a solid CPU, a good video card and Ram. Ram alone won't buy you anything, since it only allows more operations to be calculated without using the hard drive (which is much slower as has been said). Without knowing the actual game, I would say the standard is GPU power/CPU power and a fast hard drive.

And keep in mind, that a 32 bit system is only able to adress 3 Gigs of Ram. If you want more, you have to have a 64 bit system.

I passed in everything but CPU speed. I don't need more ram. My point was that, you can run the game without any real problems. Thanks, though.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 05:43:05 pm »

I think business at computer repair shops will be picking up early to mid June.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:50:29 pm by roerzman » Logged
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 03:06:57 am »

I passed, easily. Not that I had any doubt.  Grin The main reason I checked was to see the shader model requirement. I am surprised it is only 2.0 . I had figured it to be 3.0 at least. That way the Dx 9.xx cards would work. Good luck to all. I will be waiting to hear reviews before buying. Oh, reviews from the real world players, not a game sales business. 

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
simsfangg

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 05:48:25 pm »

I didn't pass  angry I failed on free disk space and got the info sign for Sound Card Driver Version and Video Card Driver Version. Anyways i can sort that out and be able to play sims 3? I'm really bad with computer stuff  huh
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 09:14:23 pm »

Disk space might be the least of any worries and easy (cheap) to remedy. If you're so bad with computer stuff, you should probably try and find someone who's good at that stuff and ask them to help you. Drivers are really important, so they should help you figure out which drivers you need and download them with you. And have a look at your hard disk(s).
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 10:32:05 pm »

Disk space is very easy to pass on, all one would have to do was to either defragment their harddrive and or delete un-nessecary programs or applications. I barely have any programs on my computer but my TS2 games, and even those I have eliminated until I get bored with TS3. I think SRL said you would need only 6 GB of freespace and one additional GB for downloads and saved games to run the game. I have 70.6 GB on mine since I deleted a bunch of s--t I don't use anymore, maybe you should check into it tongue
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2009, 05:32:37 am »

Please don't give anybody advice to delete stuff on their computer, when they admit to have no clue - that's how they're likely to do harm to the system. And if the hd is too small, deleting stuff doesn't help anyway (defragmenting doesn't give more space either). Sometimes asking somebody else for help is the smart thing to do. Wink
I'd help in a heartbeat, if I weren't too far away.
simsfangg

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2009, 09:39:04 am »

I sorted the disk space out and passed woop woop   Grin  Grin
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2009, 10:25:42 pm »

Hmmmm, I rest my case. Wink

Congratulations
Teh Warmonger

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2009, 02:25:08 am »

I'm already playing the game. The graphics aren't even worth it. Even on the maxest settings. The game runs an average of 90fps on my system, believe me.

Oh and here's the specs of my custom built rig:

AMD Phenom X4 Black Edition 64bit
4 GB RAM
Dual ATI Radeon HD4870 512MB
1TB HDD space, using just one HD
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2009, 05:08:45 pm »

Sad I need a better video card (as i suspected)

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2009, 05:11:03 pm »

My pc passed with flying colours!  Smiley The sad news, the power supply just blew and I'm waiting for the new one to arrive (Sim withdrawal! shocked).

I'm not even going to try my laptop. I can't even run sims 2 on that thing.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2009, 02:55:00 pm »

Moved to the appropriate section so people can find out easily if their PC passed or not with the test for Sims 3 compatibility.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: