Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:25:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched?  (Read 277012 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: December 30, 2009, 08:50:37 pm »

At the movies? Avatar, just after I went on vacation. One of the best films I've seen for a long while - with the craziest special effects ever (especially the CG, which was so good that I barely noticed it at all...) Grin

On DVD? Harry Potter 6, this evening (for the third time). Got a huge bunch of new DVD's for Christmas, HP6 being one of them.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Eliskuya in darkness

spinning around and around au au au!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 30, 2009, 09:51:00 pm »

shocked I think I watched two movies, Deep rising and *as darth vader* and star wars  Grin
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2009, 10:29:09 pm »

what is WRISTCUTTERS, for 500 alex!

I've never heard of that. Sounds like an emo movie.

I just saw some Xmas Madagascar cartoons with my son two days ago. They were pretty darn cute.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2009, 10:33:28 pm »

At the movies? Avatar, just after I went on vacation. One of the best films I've seen for a long while - with the craziest special effects ever (especially the CG, which was so good that I barely noticed it at all...) Grin

On DVD? Harry Potter 6, this evening (for the third time). Got a huge bunch of new DVD's for Christmas, HP6 being one of them.

My mother and I just got back from watching the 3D version of Avatar. All I can say is holy crap! The CG was done so seamlessly you could not tell what was what. Amazing.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2009, 11:34:27 am »

I can't remember the last movie I watched at the theater, I think it was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. (They totally ruined it in some spots, but Alan Rickman's voice saved the thing from being a total loss.) The movie in the DVD player right now is Muppets From Space. What can I say, my kid loves Gonzo and Animal... What's bad is when he screams, "Eat drums!!" and tries to gnaw through his toys.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
unclesparks
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2009, 01:37:19 pm »

Twilight followed by New Moon.

Why?!?! Dear God, why?!?! 4 hours of my life gone... And for what? Vampires that have diamond dust sprayed on them? *Shudder*

The sad thing is that Twilight wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Once you removed the teen angst and stupid music (PG-13 restrictions prevent me from saying what I really think of the music. They went out of their way to make it "romantic". Epic fail.) it was almost viewable. Why Bella thinks a 100 year old vampire sneaking into her room every night to watch her sleep is sexy I will never know. Every woman I know would stake him for being a stalker. But then there wouldn't be a movie if she thought there was something wrong with him.

New Moon however, is just plain painful. And why is Bella never allowed to drive her own car? Both Edward AND Jacob drive and make her sit in the passenger seat... Again, every woman I know would put her foot somewhere painful on a man for trying to take her car keys away from her.

After watching the setup for both the vampires and werewolves, I'm forced to officially join Team Jacob. The werewolves may have some anger issues to work out, but at least they don't run around eating people.

Now I'm off to watch Avatar in 3D and hopefully purge these memories from my mind.
Serenity119

Life starts at night

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2009, 01:46:08 pm »

Just watched Serenity for the first time after finishing the Firefly series. I loved them both!

Try swagbucks, it's more than just a search engine http://swagbucks.com/refer/Serenity119
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2009, 01:49:48 pm »

unclesparks, I totally agree. What a waste of time! The books were pretty lame, and the first movie I couldn't sit through. The second I won't even give a shot.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2009, 06:18:43 pm »

My mother and I just got back from watching the 3D version of Avatar. All I can say is holy crap! The CG was done so seamlessly you could not tell what was what. Amazing.

I saw the 3D version too - and it was totally worth it Wink

Totally agre with you, unclesparks. Saw the first Twilight not long ago, and either laughed because the effects and acting was so bad it was ridicolous, or almost fell asleep during "action scenes"... Might see the last one if I feel like throwing away another two (?) hours, but I don't think I'll ever touch the books... (horrors upon all horrors - I saw a combined biography for Patinson and the werewolf guy at the store)
100 year old sparkling stalker with sharp teeth and love issues? I'd run as far away I could...  tongue
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:31:06 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2009, 07:29:15 pm »

I saw the 3D version too - and it was totally worth it Wink

Totally agre with you, unclesparks. Saw the first Twilight not long ago, and either laughed because the effects and acting was so bad it was ridicolous, or almost fell asleep during "action scenes"... Might see the last one if I feel like throwing away another two (?) hours, but I don't think I'll ever touch the books... (horrors upon all horrors - I saw a combined biography for Patinson and the werewolf guy at the store)
100 year old sparkling stalker with sharp teeth and love issues? I'd run as far away I could...  tongue

Not to mention, every time I see that Kristen Stewart girl, I want to punch her right in the face to get that snooty b-word look off of her.

FINALLY got to see Monsters vs Aliens. Very funny and cute.

nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2009, 08:08:56 pm »

Last movie I saw in theaters was Princess and the Frog. I'm going to see Avatar this weekend! Grin

No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.~Groucho Marx
Onyxia

Yea.. I', one of "those" people..

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 02, 2010, 08:07:08 pm »

Last movie I saw in a theater was Up! I thought it'd be a wonderful idea to go see the movie on my due date.. Nothing happened.. Had her at 6:19 AM next day, so last movie that we seen before having a child was.. A children's movie.

Please.. Stop poking my whelping...
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2010, 02:29:09 am »

Onyxia, For the Horde huh?  Grin Recognized the name belonging to the named boss from Onyxia's Lair in the Barrens. *nods*

Anyway, why would anyone find vampires sexy if they stand in the sun and glisten??? The vampires would realistically scream, writhe and cry if a beam of sunlight touched them fullstop. There's nothing sparkly about them... But the Twilight movie was okay if you can put up with teen angst, emo stuff and whatnot...

Last movie I saw is on DVD: A Perfect Getaway. Man, that movie threw me for a loop. The plot really twisted what I thought about one particular couple in the movie. I was like... "What did happen here? How did that happen?"

Movie before A Perfect Getaway: Paranormal Activity. Not really scary. Dear, if you watched Blair Witch Project, then you seen 'em all. A real yawner. My partner fell asleep after she said it was boring. *nods*

I have not been to a theater in years. I frankly don't remember what the movie was, but it had open captions and was available for deaf people to go watch at the movie theater. I don't bother with movie theaters because they refuse to make them open-captioned. One theater had a big bulky piece of junk that is supposed to help me see the captions. Uh right... Not gonna haul a 20 lb piece of junk across the theater to just see it. I have my dignity.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2010, 02:41:55 am »

I didn't find Paranormal Activity scary at all. It disappointed me, to be honest, because I expected so much more. It's been so long since I saw a so-called scary movie actually scare me. Last movie I saw was on DVD. It was The Last Unicorn (I got it for Christmas). I love that movie. Yeah, it has it's cheesy moments, but I don't care. It's part of it's charm. I read the book when I was child and fell in love with the movie. I adore the butterfly in the beginning. LOL.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Lasky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2010, 05:44:55 am »

I have looked an old kind Russian film "Girls"
Has reconsidered this film already in 15 times.

"People never can accept those who differs from them..."
Thanks for God for all!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49
  Print  

Jump to: