Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:29:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched?  (Read 277040 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #660 on: April 27, 2013, 11:14:24 pm »

Just finished watching Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer. Really good movie! Murder scenes were a bit graphic, and it was really messed up. Really creepy for a true story. Henry Lee Lucas was one heck of a creep.

Plus, Michael Rooker was SERIOUSLY good-looking back then! He definitely scored points on the hottie meter. Wink Even though he portrayed Henry, I still swooned over him! Grin

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 04, 2013, 06:45:05 am »

Just finished watching Pandorum from underneath two blankets  hiding in a ball under my spouse's arm--yep that's right nerves of steel me Grin.

Over the past few weeks I've also re-watched Cinderella (the original), Passengers, Redeye, The Princess and the Frog, and Les Mis w/the kiddies. Loved them all of course.

Now off to watch a few episodes of Chef! to return to my happy place Cheesy.

Sims by Dasi:

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: May 04, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »

Just finished watching Pandorum from underneath two blankets  hiding in a ball under my spouse's arm--yep that's right nerves of steel me Grin.

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! Cheesy

Last night I watched House At The End Of The Street which is pretty awesome, and I watched Jumper which is a really good movie about people with the power to transport themselves. Cheesy Dasi,  I recommend it if you haven't already seen it. Smiley

I just finished watching my FAVORITE childhood movie... Was it Cinderella? No. Lion King? No. My favorite childhood movie was Twister. Grin It's the reason I wanted to be a tornado chaser when I grew up. Cheesy

Soon, I'm gonna go watch Martyrs. One of the best horror films I've ever seen. It's foreign, but I don't mind the subtitles. Cheesy

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #663 on: May 05, 2013, 12:15:09 am »

Lincoln

If you have a question about my mods post it here
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 06, 2013, 12:01:24 am »

Jumper--kids and I loved it, thanks Mooncat! It definitely surprised us and I love the unpredictable.  You are now my official movie advisor. Cheesy Rock

Now about to watch The Call.

Sims by Dasi:

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #665 on: May 06, 2013, 01:02:30 am »

Jumper--kids and I loved it, thanks Mooncat! It definitely surprised us and I love the unpredictable.  You are now my official movie advisor. Cheesy Rock

I'm so glad ya'all enjoyed Jumper! Cheesy I feel honored to be your movie advisor. Cheesy I'll just leave out the horror recommendations. Wink

Last night, I watched Martyrs, a brutally vicious French horror film. I cringed/flinched/winced at several scenes. But hey, that's what I live for. Grin

Tonight I watched The Blind Side. I never get tired of it, so uplifting! Cheesy

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:05 pm »

I can take horror just not zombie flicks.  I like a genuinely good scare though. Gore does not scare me at all--it just is not something I like watching so I'm usually like meh rolleyes when it's gratuitous. If it fits the scene though it doesn't affect me so I guess it depends on the movie/show.

I've seen a few French films with cringe worthy scenes so I think I know what you mean.  I'm rarely alone (i.e., kiddies around) to see the really good scares these days Wink.

Oh, saw Olympus has Fallen a few days ago.

Last night we watched Vanishing on 7th Street.  Made me want to punch my TV screen but we were really caught up the whole movie, so hmmm....nope can't recommend it unless you just want to smash your screen.

Haven't seen The Blind Side yet perhaps I'll check that out Cheesy.

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 07, 2013, 10:50:51 pm »

Vanishing on 7th Street is seriously the most ridiculous movie. The acting was only so so and the plot line was terrible. That ending??? Way to NOT answer a single question about anything going on, Anthony Jaswinksi (writer) and Brad Anderson (director).

Trying to think of a good movie I've seen recently and the only thing I can think of is Some Like it Hot. I watched it last night for something like the billionth time. Tony Curtis in a dress. Jack Lemmon in a dress. XD

Oh! Wait. I've seen The Devil's Backbone a few times. It's a good, creepy movie (in Spanish - so there's subititles) by Guillermo del Tor (Pan's Labyrinth - another good movie with a certain creep factor).

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 08, 2013, 06:41:31 am »

Pain & Gain--not what I was expecting but then I really didn't know much about it. I just sort of opted for anything and that was the one I ended up watching.  Funny at times yet somewhat gruesome in some bits--moreso if you think about it being a true story.

Saw Pan's Labyrinth a few times with the kids a few years back, ha they loved it.  It was advertised then as a family /children's pick oddly enough.

Still haven't seen Sinister or The Call so I'll probably check those out tomorrow.

Sims by Dasi:

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 08, 2013, 07:27:00 pm »

Independence Day.
As far as fairly routine alien invasion disaster flicks go, this is a fun ride. Plenty of one-liners to remember after it's over.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: May 09, 2013, 01:03:39 am »

Just finished watching Inside - another French horror film...

HOLY CRAP. The French sure know the meaning of DISTURBING. I thought Martyrs was messed up, but Inside makes it seem like Toy Story!!! shocked

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 14, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »

Iron Man 3 and was disappointed for some reason.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Sugah Sim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: May 20, 2013, 01:25:51 pm »

The Impossible starring Naomi Watts and Ewan MacGregor.
Excellent movie based on a true story but VERY intense!!!

Sugah's Place
We are one of the few remaining Sims 2 sites!
... Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC & Maxis recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges, fun forum games and so much more in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere ...
elaine7717

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17:17 pm »

I'll be showing my age but I caught Short Circuit 2 on a cable and loved watching it again after all these years. Grin
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #674 on: June 07, 2013, 04:17:59 pm »

Warm Bodies (trailer for Dasi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07s-cNFffDM )

It's a very silly movie, but it was really entertaining! I loved it. Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49
  Print  

Jump to: