Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 09:35:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pregnancy controller fix  (Read 10995 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:52:27 pm »

OMG  Pregnancy controller fix

* Requires     : Pets
* Compatibility: The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Store Edition, FreeTime, Apartment Life, Mansion & Garden Stuff, all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Global (affects all lots)
* Hack Version#: 1.0

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
This is a replacement for "Pet Pregnancy Fix" by twojeffs, which is not 100% working.

* If you have InTeenimater installed, you must download the special version of the hack called df_pregnancy_controller_fix_INTEEN_REQ.rar

This fix removes unused and excess Pregnancy Controllers from your lot.  All they do is bloat your saved game files and slightly slow down your game.

The hack works quietly and automatically, needing no user intervention.

Effects
~~~~~~~
A Pregnancy Controller will be referred to by the abbreviation PC below.

When a human Sim becomes pregnant or when a Pet Sim is ready to give birth, a PC is created to handle the pregnancy and birthing process.  After a human gives birth, her PC is removed from the lot because it is no longer needed.  But a Pet's PC will not be removed after that Pet gives birth.  It will remain on the lot eternally, even after that Pet is dead and buried.

Also, a brand new PC is created each time the same Pet gives birth.  So consider your Pet giving birth today, and then again 2 years from now, and yet again 4 years from now.  This will create 3 permanent (and completely unused) PCs that infect your lot until the end of time.  Just imagine how many excess PCs are on your legacy lots that had many generations of Pets giving birth.  Well how about 30, 50, 100, or even 150+?

So this hack will remove a Pet's PC after it gives birth, just like the game already does for human Sims.  It will also remove any and all old (unused) Pet PCs that are still infesting your lot from when before my hack existed.

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* pet-preg.jpg (167.82 KB, 600x480 - viewed 43080 times.)
* df_pregnancy_controller_fix.rar (5.5 KB - downloaded 880 times.)
* df_pregnancy_controller_fix_INTEEN_REQ.rar (6.35 KB - downloaded 853 times.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:50:27 am by nobody7382 » Logged
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 01:57:09 pm »

Pregnancy controller fix
Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
This is a replacement for "Pet Pregnancy Fix" by twojeffs, which is not 100% working.

* If you have InTeenimater installed, you must download the special version of the hack called df_pregnancy_controller_fix_INTEEN_REQ.rar

In what way is twojeffs version not working 100%? I am quite sure he will be interested in knowing. This is also the first I'm hearing that a special version is required for InTeen users... I don't recall you mentioning this at twojeffs site, Simbology, where InTeen is hosted.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:13:45 pm »

I don't have an account at Simbology's forum. But the readme file explains the problem. Twojeffs hack does reduce the number of controllers created.  But it still leaves extra controllers behind even for pets that are dead and it also does not get rid of the already existing bad controllers. My hack is also made in a different way than his, which is why it conflicts with Inteen.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:24:45 am »

It just take a minute to create an account.  There is currently an active thread discussing this issue.  TJ has made some preliminary corrections, and is continuing to address the problem.  You might want to join that discussion.
zauberwindyx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:40:03 am »

Thank you so much ! Rock
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: