Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 03:16:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having upload issues...  (Read 6218 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simguy18
muscular sim drooler

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2009, 08:13:16 am »

Is anyone having an issue uploading things besides me?

Everytime this message shows up:

Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
No subject was filled in.
The message body was left empty.

I've got this message for the past three days everytime I tried to post, any suggestions?

Creativity is a key to all things good.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 02:29:28 pm »

hey there simguy, how big is the file that you are trying to upload?

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
simguy18
muscular sim drooler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:19:51 pm »

its about 8Mb that too big?  what should I do then if it is?

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:21:35 pm »

What are you trying to upload?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 12:19:15 am »

The upload limit is 8megs, so anything larger won't go through.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
simguy18
muscular sim drooler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:13:41 am »

well then i guess I'll have to compress the file then.  Thanks for the help! Fanku2

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 07:41:33 am »

if you have anything larger than 8mb then you'll need to host it at a 3rd party such as mediafire Smiley

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 09:13:38 pm »

I also had a problem with that, too, and they told me to upload it to a third party.

However, I am still confused as to why I had to do that. There are many uploads that are way bigger than mine and I'm sure they didn't have to upload to a 3rd party. But, oh well... give it a try.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:31:30 am »

how big was your file Kinnika? If it's under 8mg then there shouldn't be a problem attaching it here. Could be the internet was just misbehaving at the time you were trying to upload

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 09:01:43 am »

Possibly. Or it could be the fact that I don't know what a file looks like when being uploaded from a third party. The way it was explained to me was that I have to add a link to the 3rd party for people to get to the download. Or maybe I misunderstood, lol.

But all these huge mansions I see posted on there look like they were able to directly upload their homes.

When you upload using a third party, does it still come up as a archive file? I guess I'm the one who's lost here, sorry.

Also, I have seen many people talking about only posting up to three pics. But I see up to 10 pics sometimes in the Residential and Community Downloads section. Do they have immunity to this? And if they do, please let me know how they do that so I can try it, too. Because I can't figure out how they do that if there are only so many things they can upload.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 09:36:34 am »

OK, when you upload to, say, mediafire, you upload your file and then it gives you a link to put in your post that will take people to the page where they can download your file:

where it says sharing url - the bit in the box is what you copy and paste into your post, people then click that and it takes them direct to the page in mediafire where they can download your file

when people are putting their stuff for download, they like to show a lot of pictures - that's fine, so long as they use a third party host such as photobucket or tinypic.

They upload a picture to photobucket then use the IMG tags to put them in their post. For example, that picture that I've put up there for showing you the mediafire link is actually hosted at photobucket. Once you upload a picture you get a link to share - the link for the picture above that photobucket gave me is:

you should only be attaching 2 things to your post when you upload - a picture, so it shows in the thread thumbnails and your rar/zip file

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 10:42:53 am »

Okay, that clears up a little bit more.

However, and bear with me, I'm still confused about downloading. When I go into a post to download a mansion, for instance, they have the file right there to download. I don't have to go to a link to download it. And these are huge files. I guess that's where I'm stuck.

Communication can get a little fuzzy when typing things down in forums, lol.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 02:01:51 pm »

if they are attached, they will be less than 8mb - that's what we're saying, anything under 8mb you can upload to the site but attaching it to your post

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: