Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 06:07:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims2Wiki  (Read 3212 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
albmont

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:45:18 am »

Most links from The Sims Wiki to both Insim and ISA are broken - probably because they still point to the extinct site.

Maybe it's time to get there and fix those broken links!

Just a suggestion for those having nothing better to do on Easter Sunday after intoxicating oneself with too much theobromine.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:40:00 pm »

Don't you have to have editing rights to the Wiki, though? Who maintains it? I'm all for increasing site traffic and getting the word out there that we do still survive after the Waltinator incident, though.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »

you just create an account, then you can edit pretty much most things

I've already edited our fansite page a bit but I don't know how to put links up so I wouldn't be much help with that bit!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:59:24 pm »

Maybe talk to Delphy at MTS2 I think it's his or started it possibly just works on it saw his name mentioned a few times?

albmont

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:17:35 pm »

Delphy is the owner of Sims2Wiki, but it's a '''wiki''' - which means that it's supposed to grow with user's contributions. It's free to anyone to edit (just create an account and edit), like Wikipedia (and it uses the same style of Wikipedia, probably the software is the mediawiki).

A Wiki is as good as the people who use it; the Sims2Wiki is the closest thing to a '''Global Sims2 Tree''' that we have.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: