Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 09:48:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop problem  (Read 2186 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:08:18 pm »

Okay, so due to a random crashing I had to do some clean up and re-organising. I had no problems with bodyshop before this task but now the bodyshop crashes. I did not add any bodyshop content after the clean up. I'm adding the error log that appeared - along with with a .mdmp -file - into the Sims 2 folder after the first crash, in case someone can figure out it's content. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smiley

* TS2BodyShop 2009.04.13 22.12.53.txt (9.05 KB - downloaded 119 times.)

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:12:31 pm »

what all did you cleanup & reorganize?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:19:22 pm »

The exception error you're having was happening to someone else a few days ago. My reponse is here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:15:29 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:16 am »

what all did you cleanup & reorganize?

Well, in game I deleted all the objects I didn't absolutely need. Then with the help of Delphy's organizer I categorized everything into their proper subfolders inside the downloads folder: mesh folder, hair folder, clothes folder, and so on. I didn't delete or add any bodyshop meshes or items, just rearranged them. Could it be possible that this action corrupted some clothing file or more than just one, because I tested the BS again last night and it does work with savedsims folder content + without downloaded custom clothes. I just can't understand why it worked just fine a long time with the current CC and now suddenly decides not to. Maybe the organizer did something it shouldn't have? Maybe I shouldn't have used it.

I have a lot of clothes, some that can't be found anywhere anymore, not even from the graveyard. I'd hate to lose those. I guess the only answer is to start adding clothes back bit by bit? Undecided   

Joy, the link doesn't work and I did look at the topics but couldn't find the one you meant. I read the topic by Danceswithwands but it was not similar to mine - at least I didn't think so - but then again I'm no technical wizard. I apologise if the post you meant is right under my nose and I missed it somehow. I wouldn't have made a new topic if I would have seen it. Embarrassed

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:29:44 am »

Fixed the link. Sorry about that. I know it's not the same problem, but it's the same exception code error, which is why I suggested it. That error code is simply one of the most infuriatingly ambiguous codes ever, because it can be caused by so many things.

I don't use DDO simply because I've heard so many mixed reviews about it. There are people who swear by it and people who swear it's messed up their game, so I always tend to err on the side of caution.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:50:39 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 11:52:10 am »

Thank you. It seems I had read the right topic after all. Okay, I'm gonna check all those things you suggested and go though my clothing files. I think I'm not going to use the organizer anymore, either. Thank you again for nudging me into the right direction. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: