Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:17:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Titanic Anniversary 97 years 'DEAD AHEAD'  (Read 5866 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ashbash39902

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2009, 06:53:47 pm »

hello everyone, just thought i'd put out a reminder that tonight is 97th anniversary of when the r.m.s. titanic sunk and caused the death of 1536 (i think) people. just wanted to let everyone know and know your thoughts on this.

any ship requests, i'm the one to ask, for the best ships on sims check out http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/1848492/
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »

if anyone wants to know on the Ghost Hunters(science-Fiction channel) it is tonight
ashbash39902

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 06:47:15 pm »

what are you on about? has that got anything to do with titanic? and i hardly think talking about ghosts is appropriate when thousands of people are mourning the deaths of loved one who perished in an icy cold sea..... correct me otherwise but it looks alot like you are spamming about a tv show u like.

any ship requests, i'm the one to ask, for the best ships on sims check out http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/1848492/
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 06:48:09 pm »

Ghost Hunters tonight is about the Titanic, and claims that artifacts from the Titanic that are on exhibit are haunted.

Dec12741 is not spamming.

My other ride is a chocobo.
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 07:20:40 pm »

thank you Naria for backing me up
ashbash39902

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 03:33:52 am »

what the hell thats a load of rubbish lol i mean i believe in ghosts and all,  but items from the titanic being possessed..its a bit disturbed.

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 08:04:27 am »

no ashbash39902 it is not rubbish i watched it last night and where ever the Titanic Exhibit went strange started happening like dark mass being seen,what Ghost Hunters got was: "No wait please" I am not kidding
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 08:49:38 am »

Its okay, ashbash. While I watch Ghost Hunters, I watch for the scare more than an actual "haunting". It's cool if you feel that way.

Dec12741 - That sounds like an interesting show. But I can also understand how that would seem disturbing to others. Just remember, the facts that lie on any supernatural show is can be argumentative.

About the Titanic - that's a sad, sad, thing. The story behind it (the architecture and the warning of the ship not being safe) really makes me mad. It makes me feel that all those people could have been saved if they had waited.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
brat1083
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 10:30:24 am »

I saw the Titanic exhibit When it passed throught here back in the 90's, I looked a a suitcase that had been recovered and hair on my neck stood on end. I don't know wheater it was haunted or just the realization that its owner had died in the sinking that cause that reaction on my part. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:08:28 pm by brat1083 » Logged
saowens
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 11:13:59 am »

That is a pretty interesting reaction brat. It could have been a little bit of both that caused it.

The lose of life would have been a lot less if the maritime laws that are in affect today would have been the law then. Especially the one that didn't require any radio monitoring after midnight. There were a few other ships in the general vicinity that could have assisted had they only been monitoring the communications that night.

Also, if the captain had not locked access to the lower decks then possibly more people would have survived. Maybe not but at least they would have had more of a fighting chance to.
brat1083
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:26:58 am »

A little off the Titanic subject, its the sort of same reaction I get when I show people Deeley Plaza where JFK was assassinated. There are marking on the pavement the show where JFK was in the limo when he was hit by the fatal shot. People are draw to that spot, I realy can't explain why, because its different for everyone. It more a sense of great sadness more than of a ghost or spirit. Many people who haven't experience it before start to cry. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:09:11 pm by brat1083 » Logged
maniac19642003
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 03:59:46 pm »

Ghost Hunters was real good last night, I don't really get into history and all that, but seeing and hearing all that about Titanic was cool to watch then. I even record each show every week so I have it on my DVR yet.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 08:25:37 pm »

Yeah, in fact, there could have been lives saved. Did you know that sources have stated that even before the ship left the dock, there were people who were trying to stop the launch, claiming that there were problems with the construction of the ship and they should wait. But others, such as the Captain and others persisted on going ahead. As I recall, it was too soon to the ship leaving to cancel the trip. They were afraid they would lose money. Figures. Profit always seems to take precedence over human lives, doesn't it? The whole documentary just really upset me. But I'm sure that all that died that night will stay in our memory forever.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: