Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:18:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn to baby  (Read 4929 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ikki

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:40:08 pm »

Hi. Is it possible to create a mod that would turn a Toddler (for instance) into a baby? that way we could decide how we would like the sim to grow up to; and then play him since a baby. Thanks
rosesforme17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:58:53 pm »

There are mods already available to age sims down if that's what you're looking for. The Insimenator is one. Also the SimBlender at Simbology.com  These have the option to have a sim age from toddler to baby or whatever. There is also the agesims cheat.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:20:40 pm »

no I'm sorry I have the Sim Blender and there is NOT an option to turn a sim into anything younger than a toddler and frankly I do not think this can be done because the animations would be wonky and I don't have the Insimenator but I have also heard that this option is not available on that mod either but thats just my 2 cents worth but this is something you'll have to discuss with Squinge rolleyes
rosesforme17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:32:32 am »

I just double checked the Insim and the agesims cheat, you can age down to toddler but not to infant like you want. I think aging down to toddler will be the best you can do.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:00:25 pm by rosesforme17 » Logged

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:15:43 pm »

Due to a lack of being able to find the original thread, I have no way to verify this as a fact, but I can recall a discussion about this ages ago; circa 2006 I think. There were issues with aging Sims down to an infant; messed up animations, memory/token corruption, and other oddities.

...let's wait for Squinge or Chaavik to weigh in on the matter.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 04:29:54 am »

I think aging sims back to even child or toddler messes with them. I aged a bunch of adult sims created in CAS to child to turn them into townies. I ended up with children with LTWs, turn ons and turn offs, etc. I didn't keep playing them so I have no idea if the LTWs and turn ons/offs eventually disappeared, but children with LTWs and turn ons and turn offs are indicative of serious messing with the sim's tokens and character file. If Squinge can make a hack that will prevent such a serious mess-up happening, more power to him. Because aging those adult sims down to child using the in-game cheat caused me to abandon the hood I was building before I even had a chance to play it. As I said, I didn't keep playing so maybe with time they would have sorted themselves out, but at first glance those kids looked to be seriously messed up.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:43:50 pm »

Tend to agree with the majority of opinions here about tokens, aging and whatnot. I think if you age adults or even teens with LTWs and turn ons/offs down into children, they can become corrupted and can affect the neighborhood they're in. They can cause problems when they age.

Let's see what Mr Squinge has to say about this since I don't mess with this sort of thing involving tokens, aging and whatnot.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Ikki

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 06:33:28 pm »

Oh I had no idea. Smiley Thanks
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 12:19:28 am »

I have aged elders to teens but I haven't tried aging any other age groups down. But I will try aging a sim to a baby & let you know what happens.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 02:57:24 pm »

Thinking back on this subject, I think the problem can happen when you have Sims with LTWs age down into an age group that does NOT have LTWs. This could corrupt the Sims further more.

Aging elders down to teens won't do the job because teens have LTWs. Try aging an elder down into a child who doesn't have an LTW and a set of turn on/offs. Then you will find out if corruption happens that way.

Aging children into toddlers won't become an issue because babies, toddlers and children don't have any LTWs or turn on/offs.

The best thing to do is to disable aging to keep certain Sims from aging up if you want some of them to live a bit longer as children.

That's all I can think of right now about how the game system works. LTWs and turn on/offs also have an attraction scoring system built into them. That's one thing to keep in mind as well.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: