Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:00:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So excited about genetics!  (Read 1817 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rylangere

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2009, 05:16:38 pm »

I've read many different posts about people having double digit generations and I envy their ability to stick with one family for that long!  I'm generally very lazy and unfocused when it comes to expanding my sim families and sadly, the most generations I've had is 3.  I decided when I started fresh that I was going to make one family and stick with them as long as I could.  I am happy to say that I am now on my third generation, as two of the main family's kids now have kids of their own!  I was playing earlier and the third grandchild (and the first boy!) was born with his grandmother's eyes!  Is this common?  I fully expected him to come out with his mother's very blue eyes or his father's more subtle green/gray eyes instead he was born with piercing black eyes like his grandmother and two aunts!  I was so surprised!  I can't wait for him to grow out of infancy to see who he resembles!  Also, I'm pretty sure his two cousins have the black eyes too.  I guess they are dominant!

Thanks to anyone who reads my ramblings!   Cheesy

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." Ralph Waldo Emerson
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:15:43 am »

Yeah, it's common and amazing. I had one sim family that was dark/light parents. The father was light w/grey eyes and the mother was dark w/ dark brown eyes. All the children were even in skintone, 2 and 2, 3 kids with dark brown eyes, 1 w/ grey eyes. The funny thing, all the grandkids except 4 had the grey eyes and looked more like grandpa, all his kids looked like momma.

Third generation had more of a mix, something like the normal family line faces have lessen, those kids tend to look like their moms or fathers that were married into the family. By the 4th generation, the kids were looking like the original parents. That made me teary eyed cause I missed the original sims.

I know how exciting it is to see the genetics at work.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: