Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:38:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Death for Sims 2  (Read 9027 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 06:45:37 am »

Dangit, lol. The one EP I really didn't want. Oh well (sighs). I love my InSim and Inteen too much to rid of them.

I am so far behind on the Sims 2. There is so much more I can do with it. I only have NL, Uni, and OFB and really look forward to the EP's and SP's up to AL. Especially Pets & Seasons. I hear a lot of great things about those two. So, that's just another reason I'm going to pass on the new game. Too much for me to do with 2.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
saowens
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 07:18:24 am »

I'm sticking with Sims 2 also. There are just too many things that I like in Sims 2 that Sims 3 isn't going to have.

I like being able to build onto my houses when the need arises and from what I understand that isn't going to be possible in Sims 3. I really have not been able to find out for sure if we can even build lots in Sims 3. There are other things also but I've pretty much quit looking at the information on Sims 3. All you hear from the camps is that the game is going to be awesome but I really think the creators at those camps are puppets and not really representing the sims community at all.

To me Sims3 will be like Civilazation 3. A lot of show but no go.

As far as suckurom goes. Once you get it off of your system and use the no cd hack (which T$R says is bad mkay?) the game loads faster and it plays faster. I have a lot more memory for other apps to use with the no suckurom version too.

Heck, I just started coming out of lurk mode a couple of months ago on this site. I've actually been coming here for years. I just have a shy streak that kept me out of the forums posting wise. I'm sure not going to stop now
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 07:20:33 am »

I'm sticking with Sims 2 also. There are just too many things that I like in Sims 2 that Sims 3 isn't going to have.

I like being able to build onto my houses when the need arises and from what I understand that isn't going to be possible in Sims 3. I really have not been able to find out for sure if we can even build lots in Sims 3. There are other things also but I've pretty much quit looking at the information on Sims 3. All you hear from the camps is that the game is going to be awesome but I really think the creators at those camps are puppets and not really representing the sims community at all.

To me Sims3 will be like Civilazation 3. A lot of show but no go.

I absolutely agree with everything you said here. My thoughts exactly.

I know some about computers, but not enough to know certain terms like "secuRom". What is that?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

saowens
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 08:04:36 am »

Securom is a copy "protection" program made by Sony. this will explain it much better than I ever could.

Edit: Maty seems to be really slow right now so you may have to wait for a while on the link to open. It's worth the wait though.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 08:14:35 am »

Hm, well, what Paden said about secuRom kinda worries me.

While I already make my own resorts and have them work fine with my community lot sleep-over mod, I am still very interested in getting Bon Voyage. However, I really wouldn't want what happened to her to happen to me, too...

saowens
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 08:43:34 am »

Well... that's more of a personal choice I guess. I've got all of the EP's and I have never had anything bad like that happen. (knock on wood) I have read some real horror stories from other simmers though.

I really could not imagine playing my game with out having all of the Expansion Packs now though. I've got way too much money and time invested in this game to just chuck it aside because Eaxis says the next one is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I work for a var so I know all about the bells and whistles companies market. Sims 3 is just a yugo in a cadillac body if you ask me.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 08:53:00 am »

Sims 3 is just a yugo in a cadillac body if you ask me.

Lol, nicely put. Well, I do know I definitely want Pets, Season's, and god willing Bon Voyage. So, I guess I'll just take the normal precautions and see what happens.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 12:32:10 pm »

If you want to find out more about SecuROM, check out the PRISM and Reclaim Your Game, there are site buttons on the home page that will take you there.

And by the way, let's not discuss things like no cd hacks, being as they are considered illegal in most countries of the world, m'kay?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
saowens
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 12:46:04 pm »

Sorry Paden. Won't happen again.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 12:52:03 pm »

I would have to say I'm definitely with the majority here, and I'll tell you why. I've got well over 3 1/2 years worth of total game time on TS2. I've filled my version Pleasantview with so many different sims that I've LITERALLY run out of room to the point where I'm using sub-hoods to put sims in. That's way to much stuff done, made and played just to start completely from scratch with TS3. And then there's all of the things that Paden said on the previous page, which I'm in total agreement with. As far as TS2 falling into the wayside, I don't see that happening for at least another 4...maybe 5 years. The original game came out in 2005, and here we are in 2009 and people are STILL discovering new ways to play and make the game enjoyable. That's 4 years. It'll take just as much time if not more for TS3 to pick up steam, and it probably won't if they plan on limiting how CC is distributed. And the fact that you'll not be able to import custom meshes into the game pretty much is the sword of Damocles for me as far as ever getting TS3. No custom meshes means TS3 version Classic Pinups, or Thick Madame, or Huge Body Builder, or Momma Lisa...or custom cars, furniture, Hair styles...get where this is going? TS3 is going to be mighty boring. Even if you can explore the whole neighborhood in one shot with no loading, what's the point when everyone is going to have the same template of builds. Yea, you may be able to alter body shapes, but nothing to any extreme realism. (And I simply MUST have my Pin Ups Tongue)

Bottom line, as long as people continue to make kick ass content for TS2, forums like this will continue to exist well after TS3's release. Hell, I predict people will still be playing 2 when EA announces The Sims 4. I know I'll be one of them. (Let's just hope they don't screw that one up like they're doing #3)

alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 05:33:42 pm »

I've only been playing the sims2 for about 14 months now. 13 and a half months ago I stumbled upon this amazing comunity with so many tallented modders, creators and design artists (yes i said artists). Until people like (sorry for any misspelling) squinge, bloom, oneblondemomma, warlokk, marvine, beosboxboy and many, many others that I can't remember right now but you know who you are, get ahold of that game, sims2 is what i'm gonna play for at least the forseeable future. where's the sign-up sheet for pescado's  march upon eaxis???
crazywonderful

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 01:36:13 am »

I'm going to wait a month or so before I buy Sims 3. I was going to pre-order it, but then I thought about Windows Vista and how it was an epic fail. There were so many issues with Vista, it's not even worth upgrading to. I want to see everyone else's reaction to Sims 3 before I buy it, so I can see what some of the kinks are.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 05:21:44 pm »

I'm going to wait a month or so before I buy Sims 3. I was going to pre-order it, but then I thought about Windows Vista and how it was an epic fail. There were so many issues with Vista, it's not even worth upgrading to. I want to see everyone else's reaction to Sims 3 before I buy it, so I can see what some of the kinks are.

Good plan. I'm not going to lie ... I'm kind of excited. But I don't want to be? It's kind of weird. I adore the Sims 2 and if there is no custom content in 3, I don't know if I could really justify getting it. No matter how many customizing options they give us, they can never be as good as what the community comes up with.

I'm so lame though; I'll probably end up buying it the first day. B/c apparently I'm a 5 year old and can't wait to find out how bad it screws up your computer first.  rolleyes

Back to the point. Even though I think a lot of people will get the new game, I'm positive that we won't be satisfied aesthetically with what they give us. People will come running back to 2 until we have custom options for 3. Which is good. B/c this community is too awesome to die out.

Feisty32
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 03:55:13 pm »

Sims 3 can go straight to the hottest place that you can imagine. I don't want it, I don't care about it. The hype makes it sound like the best thing ever but since I saw the preview shots and read what they intend for the creation of custom content, "No way in absolute hell will I be getting that piece of [CENSORED]!" is exactly what I said to my husband when he offered to buy it for me. Add to that the fact that they've not denied the presence of SecuROM and they'll be teaming with a certain paysite to provide content for a price, and it's not worth touching with Pescado's prehensile beard. I'm gonna hang around for Sims 2, at least as far as my predictable future. Cheesy

amen sister i feel the same way. Grin Cheesy YAY
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: