Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:41:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No Death for Sims 2  (Read 8899 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:34:20 am »

Curious... I'm sure (and hoping) that when the Sims 3 comes out, the Sims 2 sites won't fall by the way-side. But, I thought I'd open a post so that myself and others who are head-strong about sticking with Sims 2 are re-assured that they will get the same care and support by these sites that they do now; nothing will change... right?

I'm seeing a lot of people that are insisting on getting Sims 3, but also I'm seeing a lot of people that really don't want to see the hours of gaming and money spent on Sims 2 wasted. So, all in all, it looks like the community has been roughly split in half.

What's to become of Insimenator? Will it be cut in half, or will it be the same - mostly supporting Sims 2? I would hate to see awesome creators just give up on Sims 2. We would surely miss them.

Like I mentioned before. I am sure the Sims 2 world won't die off. I just thought I'd hear it from an InSim Administrator, or Creator, Modifier, etc. Best to hear it from the horse's mouth.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
brat1083
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:10:48 pm »

I think that it will be a natural progression to sims 3..Depends on how much CC you can do with sims3 too. Plus I think Sims3 will be bugger than Black Flag test lab, and the 1st customer will be lab rats. 
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:40 pm »

there'll always be a sims 2 section here. Besides, a lot of it is about the community, the game has become almost incidental in some ways!!

I don't think that sims 2 will fade out as quickly as the original sims did though and I there's a lot of die-hard sims 2 fans out there so I won't be writing the game off that quickly

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:57:13 pm »

Im sure as hell sticking to sims 2! (if i get enough dough i might buy sims 3 as well, but im keeping sims 2, too many precious lives to throw away.

2thumb

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 01:14:04 pm »

Sims 3 can go straight to the hottest place that you can imagine. I don't want it, I don't care about it. The hype makes it sound like the best thing ever but since I saw the preview shots and read what they intend for the creation of custom content, "No way in absolute hell will I be getting that piece of [CENSORED]!" is exactly what I said to my husband when he offered to buy it for me. Add to that the fact that they've not denied the presence of SecuROM and they'll be teaming with a certain paysite to provide content for a price, and it's not worth touching with Pescado's prehensile beard. I'm gonna hang around for Sims 2, at least as far as my predictable future. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 02:10:18 pm »

I think Paden said it best in terms of how I feel about Sims 3, so yeah ... you can count me as one of the ones who will stick with Sims 2. I have too many shiny nice things in my Sims 2 game to switch to anything else, anyway.

My other ride is a chocobo.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 04:07:13 pm »

Wow... I think I accidentally started a protest club, lol. See? I'm not alone...

And as for paying for CC? Nah - as you can see my quote down below - I protest that, too.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

brat1083
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 04:11:21 pm »

if I have to pay for cc I storm the place with Pescado, EA games will have a real revolt...
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:13:32 pm »

Wow... I think I accidentally started a protest club, lol. See? I'm not alone...

*Hides her picket sign.* Huh?  Wink

My other ride is a chocobo.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 04:15:30 pm »

Haha, gotcha!

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 04:27:17 pm »

I know I will not give up my sims 2 families!  I love them all too much. So like the OP, I hope the community sticks around for sims 2.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
edejan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 08:22:25 pm »

I'm slow to accept change!   I bought The Sims but never played it until Makin' Magic came out.  I bought Sims 2 but never played until Pets came out (boy, talk about walking in on a mess!!).  I'm not really interested in Sims 3 but I'm sure I'll buy it and maybe play it 5 years from now.  I can't give up Sims 2 when we've finally gotten Magic.   rolleyes
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:41 pm »

Yeah, I just realized they got magic not too long ago. Is there an EP or SP that includes the magic for the Sims 2?  I realize it won't be like Sims 1, but it would be cool to add to my game.

I remember asking this awhile ago, but of course, forgot.

I miss Makin' Magic. Man, I loved those duels...

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 09:11:16 pm »

I've gotten my game to the point where my houses don't suck, my sims don't die of hunger, and I can actually relax and enjoy the game, even plot out stories.
Then they want us to drop everything we've got in Sims 2 for some made-over mash-up of it?

No, thank you. Between the Securom, the paysite crap and the entire game's playability issues, it sounds like a piece of crap until modders get hold of it and work it into a playable, enjoyable game.

Unfortunately there's no telling who will be brave enough to do it. It seriously sounds like and looks like EA has turned it into a repeat of SimSocieties, with the Sims in it. That adds up to absolute garbage.

For $50 or more for this game, they'd better offer more than they have right now-and without any strings attached.
But they won't learn until they kill the golden goose with a sledgehammer.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »

Mary, I like the way you said that. Remind me not to honk around you if you're feeling froggy. Cheesy

And, kinnika, I think the magic came with Apartment Life, not sure because I only play up to Seasons after having to reformat a hard disk due to SecuROM screwing up my game computer after I installed Bon Voyage.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: