Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 12:27:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 9720 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
maou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 04:10:17 pm »

Yes, I believe in ghost but maybe I got caught in ghosts because of too much watching ghost whisperer and medium
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 04:18:54 pm »

Consider searching before posting topics. Smiley Merged.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
maou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 04:26:49 pm »

thank you dear YAY
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 05:14:14 pm »

There are way too many situations that can't be explained by normal means, so yes I believe there are supernatural powers at work.

Here's food for thought, as we get older we become less attuned to these powers, what do you think children's imaginary friends are??
brat1083
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 05:35:48 pm »

There are way too many situations that can't be explained by normal means, so yes I believe there are supernatural powers at work.

Here's food for thought, as we get older we become less attuned to these powers, what do you think children's imaginary friends are??
My Dad has seen ghost at Arlington Cemetary. He was Career Army had a clearance but he didn't talk to much.

maou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 12:54:20 am »

Your ghost stories scared me Cry  and almost made me pee in my pants Mop
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:00:58 am by maou » Logged
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 04:57:00 pm »

i have a ghost story:

Back in the late 1800's or so, there was this little boy named Gene, whose servant gave him a doll. This doll was three feet tall, made of straw and had humna-like features. Gene adored this doll and named him Robert. The doll became a constant companion of the boy, and when mishap occured, Gene, being the typical little boy, blamed Robert.

Or was Gene really telling the truth? Neighbors often claimed to see Robert move from window to window when the family was not in the house. The family heard the doll laughing and claimed to have caught a glimpse of Robert running around the house.

Soon, Gene began to have nightmares and scream out in the night. When his parents would respond to his cries, the would often find furniture turned over, Robert at the foot of the bed, starring right at Gene, and the poor boy crying, "Robert did it!" It wasn't long before old Robert was moved to the attic, where he would live for years to come.

When Gene's father died, the house he once lived in was willed to him and he decided to take his wife and move back into the house. Once he came back to the house, Gene moved Robert out of the attic and into his own room in the house. School children feared walking past the house, in fear of seeing Robert's mean glare in the window. When Gene himself died, his wife quickly sold the house, leaving Robert behind in the attic.

However, the ten-year-old daughter of the new owners found Robert hanging out in the attic. Soon enough, Robert unleashed his displeasure of the child. She claims that Robert would move about in her room and would even climb in her bed and try to attack her. Simply put, he just wanted to kill her.

Robert now lives in a comfortable, well-guarded museum in his native Key West. Employees say that he is still up to his antics even today. In fact, it is often rumored that if you take a picture of him, it will come out clear if he likes you, or blurry if he doesn't.

My mom's friend went to visit him on her Caribbean cruise last summer. She talked to him for a little while, saying she's a big fan, and talking to him was like talking to a rock star. She got a picture with him, and it came out crystal clear. However, when she took another picture of him, this time with her husband in the picture, you could bearly make anything out. shocked

kinda creepy, isn't it?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:16:57 pm by soulofthesea » Logged

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 10:50:06 pm »

I watched the mini-documentary on Robert. It sure was creepy.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 11:57:18 pm »

I remember Robert! What a creepy story.
I didn't always believe in ghosts or anything paranormal... but then I saw that my own parents' house was haunted. I still have nightmares about the spirits in my childhood home.  Undecided
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 06:17:41 pm »

I'm so untuned to these powers that nothing has ever bothered me, however I was told by 3 separate people that my last house has 2 entities. One travelled between the main and 2nd floor and was more or less playfull, pulling purse straps, tapping shoulders etc. The other stayed in the basement in the old coal chute room and was more on the violent side. (probably had a bad death down there) There wasen't anything in the basement so contact with it was very limited.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 12:03:22 pm »

Yeah, the ghost thing really do believe-have had some experiences with them.

We have one who followed us from our old house to our new one.  First day here Charlie had to play with the toilets a while, then settled in along with us.  Once in a while he touches my hand to let me know he's there.

Had a little girl one in the old house who my sister swore she felt the little one sit on the bed beside her, or snuggle up to her at nights sometimes. Kel could feel that pressure from her presence.

Have lived in a few haunted places, where the entities messed with me a bit. 

One late afternoon, just after my ex husband had picked up my son for a visitation I was standing at the window, watching them drive off.  I was all alone in the apartment, yet I heard a kids' voice say "Hi Mommy!" in a really enthusiastic voice!!!  Needless to say, I did not understand, didn't want to see what was next, and ran to spend the night at my best friend and her husband's house that night! (gads I was a chicken!)

At my friend's house, there was plenty to be had. There were many 'traveling spirits' there. I was trying to get to the bathroom, and one of them rushed by me, grazing me....I felt the pressure of someone who was 'wide of girth' trying to force their way past me in that small hallway.

My boyfriend doesn't believe in them, though my son has seen them as I do. I only feel them, and hear them sometimes....

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:00 pm »

I can't say that I've seen ghosts, but my mom grew up in a house that was legendary for all the 'strange sightings'. I live in the capital of Honduras, and this house was probably built around the 1800s. My grandfather inherited it from his aunt, who inherited from her grandmother, so yeah, the house was old (it was torn down like 20 years ago to make room for a parking lot, a pity I know).

If ever my mom has a nightmare, it take place in that house. The bathroom was especially creepy, which had a really old bathtub (we kept it, by the way but not in our house), where a man no one knew, took frequent baths. Another man usually slept in a sofa in an hall leading to the bedrooms. The house was shaped like an L, the short side being the front of the house, the longer side, the bedrooms and bathrooms, not sure how many (it was a big house) that faced a patio. So no one walked that hall in the dark.

Mom was especially susceptible to the effects of the house. When she was little, she'd been sick, and after she recovered, told my grandmother that a lady had visited her, of course my grandma was scared to death. Another time, mom and her siblings were all doing homework in the dining room, when the door leading to the rest of the house, slowly opened. My oldest uncle, stood up and closed it and sat back down. Then it happened again. He got up again to close it, but couldn't. So the 4 of them got behind the door and pushed, and finally got it to close. No one was behind the door.
Years later, my mom and her sister arrived home from watching a movie. My aunt stayed in the living room telling the rest of the family about the movie, and my mom took their coats and walked to their room to hang them up. Halfway there, she heard footsteps following her and figured it was her sister trying to scare her. So she thought she would scare her in return, left the coats over the bed and waited for my aunt to spring on her and yell or something. When nothing happened, she walked back to the hall and opened the door all at once to surprise her. Just then, she heard my aunt laughing back in the living room, still talking about the movie. My mom was so scared she almost ran back, but remembered hearing that you shouldn't turn your back on ghosts, so she slowly turned around and walked backwards towards the front of the house, but still she couldn't see anything but the dark hall. But, she couldn't see that their dog, Rex, was lying down behind her and stepped on him. The dog howled, she screamed and and everybody came running. She still gets teased about that one.
After a while my granddad built a new house in another neighborhood and left the house mostly empty, only a great aunt staying there and managing a small mini market. Once a friend of hers came by and asked to use the bathroom, and when she got back, she told this story: she was sitting on the toilet when the door opened and MY MOM walked in, in period clothing, and asked her what she was doing there, and told her very sternly to go back home and take care of her children, and then left. She was stunned when she told my great aunt, all the time saying that Nena (my mom) was never like that before. Then she freaked out when she found out my mom no longer lived there, but in another part of town. She even asked my great aunt to phone my mom and talk to her so she was sure my mom had not been there.

Local folklore has it that a house this haunted, must have been either built on top of a battlefield (lots of dead people) or something was buried under it, and the ghosts are guarding it. When the house was torn down, the only thing found was a cauldron type of pot filled with ashes. (Again, it is said that this cauldron should have been filled with money (gold/silver coins) but if the owner is not around to claim it, it turns to ash, so who knows...)
We're a great bunch when it comes to telling scary stories by the fire...  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: