Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:41:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Rant/Rave thread  (Read 49447 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 12:14:27 pm »

To me, John and Kate, as well as the Duggars are psychotic, but not nearly as bad as Octomom, because like Chaavik said, they have all the money that they need to fully support their kids, without the shows being on tv. My problem with huge families is (and I know a little about this because I grew up in a town that having 6-8 kids was normal) the parents do not have time to raise all of them. They do not have enough hours in the day to parent 8+ children, especially when they have young babies. With my experience, the older siblings have been given the duty to care for the younger ones that the mom and dad do not have time for. And that is NOT fair to the other kids. I fully support and understand simply helping out, but these other children should not be raising their siblings. If they wanted to raise children, they would have their own. That is the only beef I have about John/Kate/Duggars/HUGE families. I think if you can't mother and father all of your children without needing everyday things done for you by other children, you should stop having them. Kids need to be allowed to be kids, not little parents, unless they do have their own children.

But the Octomom has no husband/father figure. The crazy woman was the mother of 6 children before the other 8 came along. She had no money before, and was living off of roughly $2,000 a month in food stamps, medicald, and disability for her and 3 of her children. She's not even disabled. If you can go get your hair and nails done, shop and lug around a huge pregnant tummy, that is not disability, that is pro 'milking the system'. The woman knew she had no means to take care of the children she had but she still got pregnant again, ON PURPOSE with 6 more wggs which turned into 8 kids. And she wonders why everyone hates her?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:11:01 pm by SenkoTwiik » Logged

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 01:46:19 pm »

I find it ironic that she had the money to go get herself on fertility drugs and use the services to get herself knocked up after having 8 kids! All of this stuff would cost more than 5,000 dollars if the services stretched over a few months because fertility drugs don't take effect immediately until after 2 or 3 months.

And yet, she couldn't afford to care for all of her kids with disability benefits, public aid assistance, WIC, Medicaid, Medicare and food stamps. Many people aren't eligible for any of these benefits, and they have kids to feed and clothe, BUT they always managed to put their children's interests first before theirs.

I knew a couple who I was friends with for years who raised 5 kids. The father was married to his first wife and had 2 kids (the first wife had 2 other kids by a different father before they married), but he divorced her because they could not reconcile their differences. He worked as a freelance tattoo artist and barely made money to support himself and his second wife. They had a child together. Then one day, he got a call and was told that his ex-wife committed suicide. The children had no place to go. He, out of generosity and love, took the kids in despite the fact that he and his wife were barely making money for themselves and their child. Unfortunately, one of the four children taken in by the father witnessed the mother's suicide and required extensive mental and emotional counseling for as long as he lives. And guess what? They managed themselves without complaining too much about money issues. Don't all families have money issues? But did they go on and make more kids? No. After the second wife had her child, she went on the pill. She chose not to have any more kids.

How did she afford the monthly hair and nail jobs? That money should've went to the care of the kids full stop.

That is my biggest pet peeve out of all the pet peeves I have - thoughtless parents and their huge families.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 07:43:20 pm »

Octomom also gets her lip injections too, and I read in a magazine she got plastic surgery as well after the babies were born. Yeah, INF costs between $5,000 and $15,000, and you have to pay for it for a period of months. Why wasn't this money being spent on her previous 8 children? That is insane!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »

That's so insane.. So stupid.. So thoughtless of Octo-mom to put herself first before her kids. Why bother to have 8 more children when she only cared about herself? The selfish little b-..

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 10:16:49 pm »

I know, huh. And why on Earth would she even waste money getting plastic surgeries to make herself look better? She has 14 kids!! No man in his right mind is going to go near that! Her getting plastic surgery makes about as much sense as when Jessica Rabbit hit Roger Rabbit in the head with a pan because she didn't want him to get hurt.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 11:46:35 pm »

That 15,000 dollars could've sent at least the first 8 kids to a 2 year college to get their associate degrees as a starting point.

Really.. I never will understand why some women like Octo-mom chose to make themselves look better than to look after their kids' welfare and make sure they have FUTURES.

My other pet peeve: News Media

They got nothing better to do than to report on these big families especially Octo-mom's family. Get with the program, newspeople! Who give a rat about these thoughtless women when there are human interests out there like children in the community needing programs to improve their minds and lives.

Dancing Squirrels
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 04:26:01 pm »

Exactly, if these morons would spend less time sticking their necks into other people's business (especially people that don't freakin need/want the attention), and more time reporting on things that the world needs to hear about. We might have a smarter country that actually has a clue about any of the goings on within it. Instead of people knowing first aid, what colleges are even affordable, how to change the tires of their own cars, what their tax dollars are being spent on, dietary health, etc useful things, they all seem to care about, "Oh my God! John and Kate are divorcing!" or "Oooh, I wonder who Jessica Simpson is dating." or "Wow, Octo-mom is getting a tv show." Why do we need to know these things?

soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 06:06:12 pm »

i know that some will aruge, "It's called Freedom of the Press!" to those people, i'm sorry, but that celebrity gossip garbage is NOT news! seriously, who wants to hear about this actor's night out with a total stranger, or some other actress' custody battle with her rock star ex? it's all distracting from the main point of the news! maybe some of us want more info on Obama's recent press conference instead of his European vacation when he cheated on Michelle. (i know that never happened, but it's just a scenario Tongue) leave all the celebrities' personal lives out of the media! they don't belong there!

which brings me to another pet peeve: reality shows, celebrity reality or not....GAH

trust me, i may have some issues, which i really need to see a pyschologist for, but i have a strong sense of reality, and those reality shows ain't it! sure, some of the drama between the cast is somewhat amusing, i'll admit that, but you could tell almost all of the drama's scripted. and besides, in reality, do people pull you out of your everyday life so you could give youir thoughts on what's going on? i didn't think so!

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »

Totally agreed here. I hate reality tv. Why in the holy heavens would anyone in their right mind want to watch dumb bimbo Jessica Simpson try to decide whether tuna was chicken or tuna for a full 30 minutes?! Or watch the boring old Duggars with their zoo of children trying to act like they are perfect. Don't they think we have better things to do? I honestly don't like to watch the news because a lot of things are too depressing for me, but still. Right now I am more interested in that Medical overhall the president is proposing. I think Americans getting free medical is more important than John's meth-head looking girlfriend and how long he started dating her after the divorce.

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 09:58:34 pm »

Chair <-- What I'd like to do to all reality TV, most especially talent shows. I've been waiting years for the reality TV trend to die in a fire, and it hasn't happened yet.  Cry So I stick to watching fantasy shows, some cartoons, and Jeopardy.

And a rant to add ... why can't an adult watch cartoons without being deemed childish? What's so wrong with liking kids movies and cartoons? They are cute, funny, lighthearted, and don't make me want to jump off a cliff. Should I always have to stick with depressing drama movies instead because it's better suited to me? Spongebob Squarepants is downright hilarious and the Penguins of Madagascar show is my dream come true, I love penguins.

My other ride is a chocobo.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 10:56:33 pm »

i agree, everyone my age watches stupid shows like "The Hills" and crap. i watch nickelodeon, disney, cortoon network, etc...
(i also watch greys anatomy too though)

i hate all the dumb teenager shows, and people call me childish alot, i get my best swearing-dubs from kids shows... Rock Rock

Find me on moonlight <3
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 12:05:13 am »

Rant: Anyone want a really cowardly dog? It's been thundering all evening and he won't leave me alone. I can't go to bed because he'll go upstairs with me and he'll wake up my parents and my Dad is sick right now and has to go to work early in the morning. Argh! I wanted to go see Harry Potter tomorrow, but the weather forecast says thunderstorms all day long and if we leave the house he will destroy everything.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 08:40:58 am »

No, I already owned a cowardly cat. She'll claw me if she's scared of something.

I hate reality tv period. Whoever started this reality tv trend needs to just shove off to some island and never be heard from again.

There is nothing wrong with watching cartoons or Disney movies because they are light-hearted and funny compared to the trash they dish out as tv shows and movies.

Dancing Squirrels
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 01:36:27 pm »

Ah, thankfully my cats aren't cowards. They claw me regardless, though. I've got permanent scars from the kitten all over my legs. They are beautiful. LOL. Wink

Rant: Cowardly dog gave me black and blues all over my thighs because he was clawing at them. Grrr!

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 01:53:46 pm »

Haha, I prefer cartoons too, and I'm 20 years old. They're honestly so much less mindless than all the adult tv crap out there. I would rather watch dumb old Spongebob and his antics more than sitting in front of the tv during a soap opera about how some girl is pregnant, and she is going to marry some guy but she thinks the baby might belong to one of two other guys, besides her fiancee, one of which is a rich debutant and the other who is dead in a fire accident. HOW LAME! My mom used to watch that crap on General Hospital all the time, and it is just as mindless as cartoons, but cartoons are more entertaining.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: