Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 08:56:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Rant/Rave thread  (Read 50113 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 08:33:21 pm »

See? Now what is up with people? Just because I'm Christian doesn't give me the right to hate random people!  rolleyes

And none of anything I said was meant to be rude to Christians either, by the way.

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 08:51:08 pm »

Good God Almighty, don't get me started with religion, especially certain Christians (keyword: certain, not all). If there's two kinds of Christians that bother me the most, it's the hypocrites and the ones who try to shove their beliefs down everyone's throats. Those are the people who are giving Christianity a bad name, up to the point where the good ones will eventually have to re-invent themselves. I honestly can't decide if the hypocrites or the "missionaries" are worse. Probably the "missionaries". You know the kind, the ones who say "If you're homosexual, you're going to hell," or "God hates you if you don't believe in Jesus," or even try to mix the church with the government. First off, does God even care if you're gay? Second, I'll believe in whatever the hell I want to believe! And third, church and government will never mix, it never worked out in the colonial days. These people seriously need to wake up and smell the coffee and realize it's no longer 1624, and society's changed! I really hate how they try to control our society with hackneyed views. They try to ban books that they most likely have never read, or deemed some kinds of music as "devil music". The thing with the music is, if people do kill themselves or someone else, don't bame the music they listen to! By the way, if they want to label something as "devil music", let it be Disney pop, hip-hop, or electronic. Seriously, anyone with that little talent and can still occupy the charts has to be from the devil. Cheesy

OK, enough of me being a pessemist. In reality, if there has to be a brand of Christianity I like, it's probably the Lutherans or Methodists because they're so open-minded and laid back. Those are probably the only two who allow people of all backgrounds and races to come and worship.

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »

Ok.. Another slight rant/rave again.. our house is now under contract for $230K.. Australian obviously Tongue

I personally have nothing against people who are religious, I think we should be able to believe what we want and love who we love.
I wouldn't call myself Christian or anything like that.. but according to Wikipedia what I am is Irreligious. Which means I follow the morals and commandments and things like that, but I don't go to church and I don't think that there is anything after life or things like that.

On another note, Can we please make Disney pop be 'devil music'?

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2010, 11:22:01 pm »

I think we can. That's what we can do! When people are mean say something like: I hope the devil music takes your soul, or say something about Disney music!!!  Evil

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2010, 12:36:19 am »

I admit I do like some Disney music. Not really the I-wanna-be-princess songs and the likes (*pukes*), but the ones made by artists like Phil Collins (like "on my way" - Cute, happy song that always makes me cheer up a bit).

And I'm getting tired of the missionaries that runs around in the town with leaflets. They've even called on our door several times, and puts the leaflets either on our stairs or in the mailbox if we don't care to open. Yeah, like I want to open the door for strangers at ten in the evening when it's dark, and I'm alone. "Can I interest you in the message of..." No. "Do you want to hear more about this amazing guy who..." No, I said! "Are you sure..." NO, I said!
I can't ever remember to have gone to the church voluntarily on a sunday unless there was some event (like christenings, weddings and so on). I'm not personally Christian, and I don't really intend to turn my nose that way, either. While my father's family (except him, I think) are members of all kinds of weird Christian communities, my mother's side of the family are far more relaxed. Mom rarely go to church, and I'm not so sure she's personally Christian any longer. It's just become a family tradition to be Christened and have weddings in the church. I guess it's more tradition than belief, really.
I sort of believe in angels, but I don't really think they are God's messengers. I just think there might be spirits or souls (or whatever becomes of a person when he dies) flying around in another dimension. And "angel" is just a pretty word for it. It's a nice thought, to feel that someone you have lost is watching over you.

Rant for today: I need a 36 or 48 hour day instead of 24 hours. 24 is far too little  Cry

And that clock is going way too fast...  angry

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2010, 01:45:30 am »

All of the Disney songs from Hercules, Aladin, Cinderella etc... don't bother me, I'm just town apart my "Hannah Montanna" and the "Jonas Brothers" etc...

My rant for today: MTV NEEDS TO GET THERE LITTLE A**'S OUT OF MY SCHOOL! I don't care if it was for challenge day.. yada yada yada... they drove me CRAZY. They were there Tuesday-Thursday, then they found out the recording of our choir singing could have gotten them sued, so now they're back! I love having a camera up my nose while I eat or course,  rolleyes But they have OVERSTAYED thery're welcome!  angry

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2010, 02:12:13 am »

I like some songs, like songs from the little mermaid and snow white and cinderella.. and I don't mind like Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. Some Miley Cyrus songs annoy me, and Hannah Montana does.. I really really don't like the Jonas Brothers.

No more hiding
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 02:25:19 am »

Agreed!  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 04:28:25 am »

Fathers and siblings are annoying..

My dad keeps poking me and it hurts sometimes.. I'm not as big as he thinks I am.
My brother doesn't know what privacy is even when I tell him to get the heck away (slight change of words really)
My sister keeps being suggestive and insensitive about me leaving my boyfriend..

No more hiding
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 06:26:19 am »

Anyone caught listening to Disney pop over the age of 13 needs to be beat about the head, neck and shoulders with a human size version of Jimminey Cricket's cane. That or they should use it to interrogate international fugitives. No better way to make a treacherous spy spill his guts then subjecting him to 12 straight hours of High School Musical. Tongue
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:35:37 am by kaoz666 » Logged

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 06:55:40 am »

I've got a 20 year old cousin. The last I heard from her, Disney music (aka. High school musical and the likes) were still her favourite music...  rolleyes

I saw "Princess and the frog" not long ago. I came this close to run out screaming when the second "I-wanna-be-the-best-in-the-world" song popped up. And there were loads of those... The overly used syncronized dancing almost made me rip out my hair. I'm surprised I was still sane after coming out of there. The entire film was a Disney musical deluxe Cry

Most of their 3D movies usually have decent music (Thanks to them being made by Pixar, which is only owned by Disney), but they could really need an upgrade in their music collection for the cartoony style movies - and the live musical style movies.

Rant for today: My leg hurts. I get these really bad stretching pains in my right calf if I accidentally stretch it a little too much. Never elsewhere, only in my right leg. Feels like I've been stabbed, and it hurts so bad I just have to curl up and wait for the worst to go over. Massaging helps a little, though. Happened today, and now my leg will probably hurt for several hours... No idea why it happens, it just started one day when I stretched before getting up from bed Sad
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:29:58 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2010, 09:47:09 am »

All of the Disney songs from Hercules, Aladin, Cinderella etc... don't bother me, I'm just town apart my "Hannah Montanna" and the "Jonas Brothers" etc...

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not all Disney music is bad. For example, I absolutely LOVE the Tarzan soundtrack (probably because it was all by Phil Collins rolleyes), and I have at least twelve Disney theme park stations on my Live365 presets list (yeah, I like the music they play in the parks, you got a problem with it? Tongue). All I was saying that Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, etc. have to be from the devil. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Disney fan, and probably will be one for the rest of my life, I just hate the commercialization that it does sometimes.

And raven, the reason Pixar movies have decent music because Randy Newman wrote most of their soundtracks.

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2010, 09:49:54 am »

That explains it Wink

I can't stand the "I-wanna-be-the-best-in-the-world" songs of any kind, especially those where they go and have another syncronized dance. They're just too... annoying. But I like a lot of the other songs and music. I can even *gasp* like a few of the Hanna Montana or similar songs.
My personal relationship to music is that as long as I like the melody and text (usually in that order), I don't care who wrote it, or who sings it (unless the original singer sounds like a goat trying to sing opera, that is...).
Pop, rock, country, punk, alternative, classical, blues, Christian songs... whatever. If it has some special meaning to me, makes me cry, makes me happy, or if I just really really like it, then it goes into my collection. My music collection is quite random that way, with only a very few artists standing out.  
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:08:59 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2010, 11:38:18 am »

Tarzan~ ♥

And that is all!

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile