Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 12:49:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A little friendly warning for you all...  (Read 13047 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:00 pm »

Hi Guys,

I  just thought I would share my scare with you all today so please don't let this thread go un-noticed and please heed my warning when I tell you to STAY AWAY from this praticular lot over at TSR shocked

I was looking for a sweet alien home for my alien/vampire hybrid Naria and I didn't see anything that really grabbed my attention at MTS2 so I thought I would give TSR a shot and I found and downloaded this lot..

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-lots-residential-fantasy/title/The%20Centauri/id/723902/

I was at first thinking woah what a neat lot so I put it in my downloads and was pretty physced to furnish it for my sims but then I noticed the problem almost immediatley after putting that in, first my game took almost 15 minutes for the opening movie to come up and play and froze and skipped almost all the way through which I thought was weird but I didn't think anything about it, and THEN I went into the lot and prepared to furnish it I noticed straight away that some of the furnishing that I KNOW I had the EP for was blue so I was thinking okay maybe it was a bad recolor or something so I went to start putting stuff in and thats when it hit me..NONE of my objects had any recolor options!! shocked not even objects associated with game EP's such as the barstools in BV to the Club Distress Sofas in the Base Game! I was shocked to find out that even after exiting the lot knowing then that the lot had some kind of really bad hack attached to it that Clean Installer DID NOT pick up huh I went to an empty lot which took another additional 20 minutes to open just a blank template and found that the problem presists so I knew it was more than likely that lot so I went out and deleted it from my folder and out of my recycle bin and went back in the game and everything seemed to be back to normal so what I am trying to say is PLEASE don't download that lot especially if your like me and download gobs and gobs of stuff at one time and copy and paste like 30 items into your downloads folder tongue I think I just got lucky thinking it could be that lot because I downloaded a bunch of hacks and everything last night..
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:32:09 pm »

Glad you seem to have gotten rid of the problem. Hope it stays that way. And thanks for the warning.

I was looking for a sweet alien home for my alien/vampire hybrid Naria

huh Did I get an alien/vampire named after me?

My other ride is a chocobo.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:39:24 pm »

no problem, and apparently so I didn't intenionally name her after you par say but her  name is indeed Naria..  Naria Klinoc Grin
Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 04:51:04 am »

This is the same website that was taking creators content or something too?

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:30:08 am »

This could be just a weird coincidence but my game have been having random crashing and after I noticed that the creator who's house you donloaded is Laivine_erunyauve, it got me thinking. You see, I have the same creators "The Isla", "The Seabrook" and "Azura Beach Resort" in my game. I deleted them from the LotCatalog just a few minutes ago, just in case. Who knows, maybe they are causing that random crashing. Undecided

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:39:41 am »

I was shocked to find out that even after exiting the lot knowing then that the lot had some kind of really bad hack attached to it that Clean Installer DID NOT pick up

That's what freaks me out. Glad you were able to catch it in time, though.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
saowens
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:50:46 am »

Maybe it was just one of those harmless water marks.  Wink

That's exactly why I don't get anything from T$R
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:10 pm »

Sierra- I would not trust any creations by Laivine_erunyauve theres something weird about all her lots I was looking through her feedback on some 'really' nice lots and there have been alot of people to download but not say much about it and to me thats weird its like TSR has locked any complaints in her blog because I replied and told her that her lot was corrupted and warned other users not to download it, and looking at her lots feedback tonight I can see that the slimey a******s on TSR has deleted my warning..?? Lips Sealed there has also been reports that content bought from TSR and uploaded via the booty are carrying viruses but I think that might be exaggeration on others parts because I download a crap load of stuff from TSR because I oppose paysites and haven't noticed anything except that one bad hack attached to that lot from any content downloaded from TSR via the booty but I would definitely take her creations out Sierra because your game could very well be crashing because of her creations I wouldn't take it as a coincidence I would take it seriously...

Kinnika- Now you tell me why in the heck did Clean Installer not pick that up in that lot? because anything I ever download I install with CI and it ALWAYS tells me if something is suspicious..so that makes me wonder what TSR is really shoving in those downloads for the general public! which they get revenue off of US to even upload and some of the stuff on there doesn't look as nice as what its depicted in screenshots which make me pretty mad but I will NEVER give TSR one red cent even if I did have the money to waste!

LONG LIVE THE BOOTY! Argghh!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:28:37 pm by Paden » Logged
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 07:34:33 am »

I would not trust any creations by Laivine_erunyauve theres something weird about all her lots

That's too bad. It amazes me she won an award for that lot. And to see your complaint deleted. That would p#@% me off, too.

Kinnika- Now you tell me why in the heck did Clean Installer not pick that up in that lot? because anything I ever download I install with CI and it ALWAYS tells me if something is suspicious..so that makes me wonder what TSR is really shoving in those downloads for the general public! which they get revenue off of US to even upload and some of the stuff on there doesn't look as nice as what its depicted in screenshots which make me pretty mad but I will NEVER give TSR one red cent even if I did have the money to waste!

Well, exactly - that's why it freaks me out. Guess I'll take precautions when I'm thinking about going there, even for free content. Course, I never pay for any CC.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 10:03:06 am »

Well, lots are off the game. I think I'm going to check the CC of those lots with clean installer just in case, even though she seems to use only maxis content in them, except one floor. If she uses only maxis content, I really wonder what this mysterious "part" in them could be and why it can't be seen. Odd. Maybe she uses that boolProp changeFloorElevation cheat a bit too much in her houses and corrupts them that way. Grin

Oh, and the deletion of your feedback... even more odd but then again, nothing new from TSR.

Also, I read that you shouldn't compress any TSR content with the Compressorizer, or you could get problems. Apparently TSR have some type of compressorizer of their own. Not sure if this is true, though. Undecided

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 12:44:53 pm »

Compresorizing messes with their little watermark mal-ware, from what I understand. Also, there's a new flap on TSR; one of their so-called creators ripped off the mesh from another creator and this time, it was one of our own: Corrine. Needless to say, people are not happy about this at all.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 05:26:28 pm »

Compresorizing messes with their little watermark mal-ware, from what I understand. Also, there's a new flap on TSR; one of their so-called creators ripped off the mesh from another creator and this time, it was one of our own: Corrine. Needless to say, people are not happy about this at all.

Paden,
Can I copy/paste your post about this new incident on S2C, please?

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 07:15:27 pm »

Sure, feel free. The more people that know about this, the better chance there is of her mesh coming off of that hole...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 07:21:18 pm »

unfortunately I doubt it, from what I'm reading, all the comments about the mesh and it not respecting Corinne's TOU and that is should be removed are just being deleted

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 07:31:47 pm »

Ali, I don't care what they do over there at TSR. The people are hopelessly unethical. What matters to me is to inform as many people as possible for two reasons: a) the community to see what's going with the supposed artists (artists my a@%!) of TSR and, b) to make people wake up and realise where they go and give their and their parents' money.  If I can achieve even 1% of that, it is a good cause for me.

I am sick and tired!

Paden Thank you!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: