Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:20:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little friendly warning for you all...  (Read 12921 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 11:12:34 pm »

Yeah she did use boolprop constrain elevation true in that lot I downloaded she specifically said in her lot description that any kind of alteration to the lot will corrupt it if one does not have knowledge of the cheat she used which I do not but heres the thing I didn't do anything to the lots elevation ie. flatten or build walls or nothing like that I just wanted to see what the floorplan looked like and when I zoomed in I could see that chez-moi counters (from the basegame mind you were blue!) so I was like okay somethings wrong and then I seen that none of my objects had any secondary color choices so maybe it was indeed the cheat she used because it seems to me she used it excessively to create the lot and heres the weird part it says in her lot desc. that she used no CC all clean installer picked up was the picture of the lot nothing else! so either the cheat corrupted the lot and the game since it was in my downloads folder and the glitch was visible even on another lot or she somehow hid the hack in her lot and CI didn't pick it up which seems a little much considering CI will more than or is 'supposed' to pick up anything in a lot walls, floors, recolors, objects, hacks etc etc. well I know I won't be downloading any more of her lots, I also don't use the compressorizer I never could get it to download for me over at DJ's so maybe thats a good thing also about a creator ripping off Corrine I think thats bull s**t I don't think TSR should allow creations to be put on the website let along sold if the person who said they 'created' it didn't create it at all! angry I've seen alot of stuff on there that I know I have seen elsewhere liek for example I can't remember if it was Jirka or ChazDesigns but one of them uploaded a DitaVon Tesse and if you go to Stefans' website and look at his Dita you can't tell any difference whatsoever! Jirka or Chaz totally ripped her off from Stefan! and I think which I'm not sure this is just me making an observation but I think Jirka and Chaz uses photoshop to photoshop models faces onto the sims to make it seem like they used the sliders and CC to make some of the celebs they upload like have you seen the new Christina A. on there?! I mean c'mon she is so photoshopped no-one can get a sim to look that realistic Blink
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 01:18:32 am »

Oh, they photoskin the crap out of their stuff, that's the only way they can make those sims.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 08:40:10 am »

There is an ongoing thread about the stealing on S2C as well. The thread is located here:
http://forums.sims-community.com/showthread.php?p=1344843#post1344843

Interstingly enough, you will find the post that CatOfEvilGenius started at BBS about this issue, which is no longer there: Maxoids DELETED it!

Personally, I don't want ANYONE to tell me anything concerning EAxis' ToS from now on. A company that doesn't respect their own rules doesn't deserve my respect either. 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
brat1083
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 11:39:01 am »

A little off subject but does anyone else hard drive activity Spike when that log onto TSR? Like tsr look at files, that never happens here or on any other sim sites.. 
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 11:54:00 am »

I thought that was weird, but I didn't connect my RAM usage going up with visiting TSR.

They really suck. (just had to get that out my system)

I realize it's hard to think up new creations when you are pushed to create MOAR! (hear the whip crack)  Stealing meshes is not the way to go.  Shoot, I am having my own issues with them making 2 of my lots subscriber only and I used free content to make them. Wrote them about it and haven't heard back yet.  Undecided

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 04:56:39 pm »

Running out of ideas has never been a reason good enough to steal somebody's work. In fact, there is no reason at all except to state what a bloody b%#*@$d you are.

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 12:28:17 am »

It's like this TSR doesn't give a flying f**k what you, me, she, he, they, them or any other person likes or thinks or feels they are strictly in it for the moolah its a vicious cycle but do you really think they give a damn about our feelings and our TOU's? No Way! angry and I feel like its going to get a whole lot worse when TS3 is released. I mean can you imagine how many kids are going to bug mommy and daddy for your credit cards just so they can get that cool new house or car for their Sims for TS3 when the game finally releases and TSR's so called 'Featured Artist' start making their bull s**t CC and make TSR another thousand a month? I just hope EVERYONE & I mean EVERYONE starts reading some of the crap I've read about TSR and their lame, photoshopped, mesh stealing CC and realize that BOOTY is the way to go, I mean why would someone want to sell Custom Content? I understand that it may take a while to make a set and some people may really put their heart into their projects but it still exists that TS2 is and will forever be a GAME that is supposed to be fun and FREE for everyone, I mean if you want to make money go get a job for gods sake, stop swindiling people out of their hard earned cash but theres another fact that I love and am just estatic when I see another 'hard worked featured artists 'creations' posted on the BOOTY it just does my heart good knowing that PSMBD is making TSR cry Cry and theres NOTHING they can do about it Muahahaha oh I love it! lol sorry about all that but I do think its funny that TSR and everyother paysite but mostly TSR is getting screwed ha! is that wrong for me to think that Undecided
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:42:19 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 12:50:57 am »

Why not go one step further and not even get it off the booty.  Bad CC is bad whether you pay for it or got it off a share-friendly site.  There's plenty of free sites where you can get good things and you're allowed to ask for help with it if you have problems.  I bet they'd even accept constructive criticism.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 12:59:26 am »

well its just the point that if more people get their CC from TSR via the Booty that TSR will be loosing even more money and maybe one of these days their website will even shut completley down because of lack of funds to run the site or maybe (in another life-time) that TSR will learn the errors of their ways and make all CC free and ban any 'featured artists' but that may very well never be but if more people get involved with the booty whether it be bad cc or what have you atleast they know they didn't have to pay jack to TSR to enjoy it in their game I mean why would you want to buy the milk when you can get the cow for free? tongue
saowens
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 10:23:24 am »

A little off subject but does anyone else hard drive activity Spike when that log onto TSR? Like tsr look at files, that never happens here or on any other sim sites.. 

I really had not noticed that before so I just tried to go to their site and check it out. I can't get the page to load at all.

Either the site is down or they are blocking my ip address. Is anyone else having trouble getting to their site?

If the site is down then that could be a very good thing.

Edit: I tried again with internet explorer since I have firefox proxied and still can't get to the page. I can ping their site just fine though but that doesn't really mean a whole lot.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:28:44 am by Zordac » Logged
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 10:56:11 am »

I have just tried it, although I hate visiting their site since my computer gets slower and there are warnings about my setting not allowing ActiveX. Ha! Anyway, their web page won't open no matter what. So it's not just you Zordac.

My LiveJournal
saowens
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 02:26:39 pm »

Thanks Nalia I don't visit T$R either but I thought Brat's post was worth the effort. Maybe they are down. One can only hope. B.t.w. if anyone is interested I found a really nice house maker on MTS2 named intel1937 . They are making a homes across America series. If anyone is interested I highly recommend checking them out.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 02:50:16 pm »

Thank you, Zordac for the link. I'm aware of intel1937's creations. I also like squeam's ( http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=392407 ) small houses for anyone who's interested.

/end off-topic

My LiveJournal
jerryking
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 02:46:50 am »

TSR is one evil site. I haven't been there in a while and will never go there again! I heard EA is in bed with them too. I hope they both get a STD from each other.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2009, 08:08:12 am »

Just why EA. have tolerated those scumbags at TSR. for so long even with their blatant violation of the sims 2 EULA we will never know, however by doing so, they (EA) put themselves in the same category.
So to my way of thinking that also makes EA. low down untrustworthy scum and not worth dealing with.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: