Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:04:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reached a new milsetone...  (Read 3960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:16:53 pm »

What you might ask? Simple.

I've run out of room in Pleasantview.

I officially have no more room for any new lots in my version Pleasantview. Thanks in part to Gunmod's Camera and being able to access parts of the hood that the default camera can't, for years I've been slapping lots in barren sections of the map. And today when I fired it up to add a new lot, I came to the realization that there's no where for me to put it. Well, there's the long stretch of road at the south of the map, but the land between the mountains and the road can only fit 2x2 sized lots, and where's the fun in small lots? (Actually, they can be fun...but that's another topic Tongue) So it would seem that I now have to start filling up my sub-hoods if I want to start adding new lots, and subsequently new sims as well seeing as Pleasantview takes like 6 minutes to load because there's gotta be damn near 100+ sims, that or I have to resort to "Population Control". (Thin the herd of those "weaker" sims...*Evil laughter*)

Or maybe I should try to fond some better for of Sim birth control. I swear my sims reproduce like cockroaches. Tongue

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39:50 pm »

Or else get a larger map..there are several over at MTS2 that are huge maps-featureless, but huge-the kind where there are roads and various size lots-but no trees or anything to block lots. One is named "Urbania3" by TwelveColonies.

You can always get a mod that induces the plague (MATY: "Real Sickness"). That works well-you'll be having dead sims all over the place before you can turn off your computer.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:49:25 pm »

So, Mary - this is a little off the subject - I thought I'd ask about how you have your families progress. Do you take turns on each family? Do you just not think about it and work on one family at a time.

I find it really exhausting to try to go from one family to the next to keep my adults and kids the same age, yada, yada.  There are so many! I don't even have a neighborhood filled up and it's crazy trying to keep tabs on neighborhood families, universities, etc.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 02:16:02 pm »

I spend time on each family as I go along. I like to keep things balanced as far as ages go, as a lot of my 4th generation sims are starting to leave college, my 3rd gen sims are settled into their adult lives and my 2nd gen sims starting to or mere days away from becoming elders. The problem was when I started playing 3 years ago, I didn't know anything about hacks or stuff, so I'd use the aging off code to keep many of my sims the same age. And then I'd go on creation binges where I'd make 6-8 sims a pop. I guess it's finally caught up to me, lol. So I've now started letting the hands of time turn within the last few months, hence my older sims are starting to GET older finally. I ended up starting a spanking new sub neighborhood (A new Downtown area), and shuffling lots around accordingly. That should ease the strain on the size of my Pleasantview without breaking my game, since it's still connected to Pleasantview none of the relationships will get severed. I shoulda thought about doing that a year ago, lol.

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:39:52 pm »

So, Mary - this is a little off the subject - I thought I'd ask about how you have your families progress. Do you take turns on each family? Do you just not think about it and work on one family at a time.

I find it really exhausting to try to go from one family to the next to keep my adults and kids the same age, yada, yada.  There are so many! I don't even have a neighborhood filled up and it's crazy trying to keep tabs on neighborhood families, universities, etc.

Well, first of all, I have the MATY Lot Sync-Timer, which marks each day when it turns over at 6 pm. I try to keep everyone more or less in the same day, and the time-it does get a little frustrating when you have them doing something outlandish and you should go onto the next family.

I've got some pretty crowded neighborhoods-I've got SaraMK's Merged Neighborhood, which is for base game and NL only. All the families from all three neighborhoods in one place, including the Tricou family.

I recently discovered that in SimPE you can rename the family to include the first name for the lot such as "The Mortimer Goth Family". I'm considering editing it even more to include the number of the family in the panel just to keep them all straight.

I also have the Sims2 Database, which is available at MTS2. It is a good record keeper, which lists every single sim  you have, what their age is, everything about them. However, it has not been updated in the last 3 years, so it would not have all the goodies attached to FT or AL. But it is a good way to keep the generations tracked.

Sounds like a lot of work, but actually once you have the database set up, you just have to make sure you insert any changes, etc-and you don't have to fill in all the blanks.

BTW, did you know that every family has a number attached to it for the Lot Sync Timer to recognize it by? That is one way I can usually line them up on the Database by family. It rarely varies. For instance, in the regular PV, the Goth family is #1, Pleasant is #1, Broke #3, etc.
Any offspring is an additional number.

GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 12:41:54 pm »

Or maybe I should try to fond some better for of Sim birth control. I swear my sims reproduce like cockroaches. Tongue
I can think of several solutions:
1.)Use Smonaff's birth control and invirility potions.NL required. Wink
2.)Fry the little buggers with Pescado's baby roaster.That also feeds the hungry masses aswell as thinning the population and it's my favourite. Smiley
3.)Don't let your sims "Try for Baby".No hacks needed. Grin

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:30:26 pm »

Get the Inteenimator and use birth control. That's a good one, too.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:49:46 pm »

You can always get a mod that induces the plague (MATY: "Real Sickness"). That works well-you'll be having dead sims all over the place before you can turn off your computer.

I have been searching for this to no avail- is it possible for a direct link?

Thanks

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 07:04:02 pm »

Here's the link to the thread: "Testers wanted-Realistic Sickness".
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8062.0.html

Please note, though, that the original version had no chance for the sim to recover at all, and another person in the thread took the hack and improved on it.

In post #62, there is a working (and recovery possible) version of the hack. Use that one if you want to give you sims a half a chance of surviving.

And work it does! It's great for cleaning out your hood quick. I've tried it myself, and not even children were immune to it!

Of course you can always resurrect your sims, so nothing is forever...(don't delete the tombstones, though.)

Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 07:16:58 pm »

oh ok thank you for clarifying I found it after I posted this and did the first one Smiley I think I might like the latter better.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: