Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:13:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick question for y'all.  (Read 4514 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »

Recently I installed all of my games, including Bon Voyage which I really love, onto my tower again and have been enjoying the game once more but the tower has been moved back to my bedroom desk in order to save space on my desk out here in the living room. No problem, but I can't always play when I'd like to due to it being removed from the public area of the house. Nowadays, I have a laptop computer which I use quite a bit and actually prefer to the old tower at times, aside from missing XP like mad. The lappie uses Windows 8.1 and I'm considering trying to install my games on it and just using it for game play and internet. Here is where the question comes in for those of you who have stuck with me so far; has anyone here already done this and if so, how does the game work for you? Or, does it work at all? Thank you for any answers which might come my way!

Edited to add: the game installed fine but the stooopid patches won't work so I can't put anything on it beyond the base game!!! I am furious... To say the least.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:02:29 pm by Paden » Logged

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Kyle Bartley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:35:58 am »

Edited to add: the game installed fine but the stooopid patches won't work so I can't put anything on link beyond the base game!!! I am furious... To say the least.

I'm having the same issue.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:28:00 am by Kyle Bartley » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:38:16 am »

I have the game installed on both a tower and a laptop, and it works fine on both. The tower has my full CC folder, and game-wise I mostly use it for storytelling and lengthy play sessions.

My laptop has decent enough specs for me to play the game with most settings on high, but since I ran my old laptop to death by playing the game (the specs were not good, but it did sort of manage everything up to FT), I quickly decided to cut down on the CC and play shorter sessions on the new one. It heats up quickly, and lately it's started to slow down a bit, so I don't want to risk anything. I've had some issues with the graphic card deciding to go into hiding, but other than that the game works fine on the laptop.

Whether or not it will work for you depends on the laptop specs. Make sure it meets the requirements for the game (AL/M&G has higher requirements than the older EPs) and that you have a graphic card that can handle the game.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: