Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:52:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 239599 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2009, 02:56:02 pm »

I hope so, for your sake!

I emeber when potty training Clay he hated the potty chair, and couldn't get on the big potty by himself, so they made everyone do the "peepee dance" before going to the bathroom, and then he caught on and started doing it whever he had to go potty, and then  they knew to help him!

Find me on moonlight <3
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2009, 02:57:32 pm »

Tee Hee Cute.  Cheesy

Sims by Dasi:

soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2009, 04:38:58 pm »

Next year is a total baby boom year! Your family, my family, what's with that!?

My brother Brett and his almost wife are expecting yet another... Undecided hopefully another girl!

maybe to make up for all the lost celebrity lives this year? Tongue

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2009, 06:24:24 pm »

I guess lemme think maybe 6/7?

Find me on moonlight <3
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2009, 08:33:41 pm »

Katie that is so cute. The peepee dance.
I make sure that both Brandon and I announce that we have to go to the bathroom so that Daemian might catch on sometime and tell us when he has to go to the bathroom too.

Starting today with the Diaper-Free method, I also started documenting when he does things throughout the day. Like when he eats, has a big drink, naps, and goes to the bathroom. So when I have a basic idea of when he goes to the bathroom each day, I can get him on the potty at those times and hope I catch him. I think he might get the hang of it after about a week of trying. He has at least 2 hour dry periods, so it should work.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2009, 08:54:55 pm »

I hope that works! I wish you luck!

Find me on moonlight <3
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2009, 02:48:39 pm »

We're still doing the potty training thing with our boy, but he's suspected of being autistic so is rather slower at it than other children the same age. One thing that we've found that works is taking him to the potty first thing in the morning and asking if he'd like to make a potty drop, after first dropping in some toilet paper. He loves to sink it, which really does help. We do that through out the day and right before bed, and he's catching on to that part of. The only problem is getting him to recognize that he needs to do that with the solid messes... He'll get there, but dang does it ever seem to take an eternity.

Further note: We're going through the process to have him evaluated for the autism, and being very slow to potty train is one of the key signs, as is slow speech and other things that we've noticed.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2009, 02:53:31 pm »

Oh I hope he isn't autistic, that would be horrible.... seems like this year wont be too good for anyone, huh?

Find me on moonlight <3
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2009, 03:13:51 pm »

I'm sure Autism won't make Paden love him any less. That's pretty impressive learning on his behalf (autistic or not, that's a pretty good grasp on things). My mom worked with an autistic and down syndrome class of children during the summer. She said that they were actually very intelligent children, just a little different. She said that it only got hard when some of the autistic children didn't understand the lessons. She said she could see that they were really trying hard to understand but it was just frustrating them immensely.

Good news. No accidents yet today! He has either been just playing, or he has released his bowels when he's asleep (naps and bedtime). It's okay though, because I at least diaper him while he's sleeping. A book I read said it is a lot harder for little ones to control themselves while they sleep.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2009, 03:17:16 pm »

It is indeed. At first, my nephew had accidents all the time when sleeping (at least if he had gotten something to drink other than water just before going to bed). Once when he slept over at my mom's house (in her bed) she had to change covers twice  (and she has a double bed) Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2009, 03:22:07 pm »

I remember my cousin Connor once shared my grandparents bed with his two brothers, while my cousin Bree and I used the guest bed, and they slept on the couch, and he wet the bed...lol

Find me on moonlight <3
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2009, 03:34:14 pm »

My brother was a bed-wetter too. I never did for some reason. When i learned, I just kept the idea through the day an the night. But Jake would pee his bed all the time, and my mom thought he was really struggling. We found out he just didn't want to drag his butt out of bed to use the toilet. My mom's ex-husband gave him a warning to get up and go to the toilet. He didn't listen and got one spanking, never did it again.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2009, 03:36:16 pm »

I know my brother sleepwalked a lot. Once, he woke up while ringing the doorbell on my aunt's door (the next-door house)...  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2009, 03:38:08 pm »

o.O wow.

My brother once sleep talked, he was like "I love you Bailey" (His girl freind.) ha.

Find me on moonlight <3
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2009, 03:51:41 pm »

Sleepwalking isn't fun and can be dangerous, especially when you try to drive. I'm lucky my dad followed me out of the house at three in the morning and took my keys out of the ignition before I could fire it up. He just told me that it wasn't time to go to work and I got out of the car and went back to my bed. I had a hard time believing him in the morning when he told me about it but had to accept it when I saw that things were out of place in the car even though I always locked the door. Bleh. I still sleepwalk when stressed.

And if my boy is autistic, just one more thing in life to cope with and we'll love him no matter what. He's pretty advanced on some things but woefully behind in others, which is par for the course with autistic kids. His physical development is OMG, though. He's coordinated like anything and can balance like a tightrope walker.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: