Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 03:57:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 242413 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2010, 03:30:50 am »

As far as I know, they use mostly gas and other reliefs (like bath tub) here where I live, and try to avoid epidural.

I've never given birth myself, but that time will probably come some day... In the mean time, I'm just enjoying the single-life.
I know that mom had the hardest time with my oldest brother (he who died at 10), and second hardest with me, but my other brother was halfway out before she even got into the birthing chair. Impatient since the day he was born, that one  Grin

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2010, 10:30:15 am »

My aunt (or something like that...) had done artificial insimination with both of her children, and had had to have an epidural with the first. About a month before her second child was born she said "this one's coming out on his own!" and she was very right- he was born on his due date (which was the 4th of July!) ahaha.

Raven, that sounds very interesting haha!  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2010, 10:37:17 am »

Epidurals are evil. If they get the needle in the wrong position, they can paralyze you. Sorry, don't like anyone messing with my back and it freaked me out both times when they did them with my kids, because they were both c-sections. Water broke with both labours, but due to a pelvic injury inflicted when I was a teen, I don't dilate. I don't get along with pain meds in my IV's, either, threw up on the nurses that slipped them in... That will teach them not to believe me when I tell them I'm intolerant to the things...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 30, 2010, 07:45:29 am »

Eeehh.. So glad I'm never having children.

My shoulder is so sore. I got my third Hep B vac and it hurt so bad I cried! And I don't cry easily XD
So now I can't lift my shoulder and even the brush of fabric against it hurts. Tongue

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: August 30, 2010, 09:39:26 am »

Yikes Paden.....  that sounds awful!

Haha though I do remember vomiting on my doctor when he shived his stupid tongue depresser down my throat....  Evil

I feel the need to add that because of  my (the above mentioned) doctor, I haven't recieved any shots n five years, and I have had blood drawn once when I had swine flu. Other than that I haven't been to a doctor since I was five (which was when I got three shots in one leg, only to later find out about my allergy to bees- since one stung the back of my knee on that leg).

Aww Glamily that sounds bad! I do hope you feel better!

Find me on moonlight <3
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2010, 12:53:38 pm »

Yeah, never having children either. I live vicariously through my niece and nephews. Besides, after having seen all three of them born, I don't ever want to experience that myself. Ever.

...how they consider watching an event akin to an alien bursting out of someone's chest beautiful, I don't know. *cringes*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2010, 04:02:26 pm »

Laugh2 I'm a mom and yep I would say the preg/birth experience as a whole I might consider beautiful but the actual visual of the birth--not so much.

I'm looking forward to seeing the little one but thinking/ visualizing the actual birth still terrifies me (yes even after two other children), especially since I know it has to be a c-section, and I've lived through one incorrectly placed epidural already  That's a horrific story for another time...

As it draws now to the last two weeks I'm just focusing on the joyous after part and tapping into the spouse's and kids eager anticipation to calm the nerves.

P.S. Glamily I hope that feels better soon.  Have you tried warm moist heat on it?  It may help some.

Sims by Dasi:

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:47 pm »

Yeah.. I've tried that and it hasn't helped Tongue
My dad poked my arm and now its sore again.
Ah well, And you guys can call me by my name XD It's Steph, I used to be the Mad Hatter

No more hiding
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2010, 07:05:51 pm »

Oh goodness, I didn't even know it was you Steph!

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 30, 2010, 08:22:44 pm »

Hehe. Yeah, I got a new obsession so I changed it XD

No more hiding
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 04, 2010, 04:16:18 pm »

Just finished (mostly) decorating my baby's room (yes the real life one  Titter), the girls want to surprise me with touch ups for when I get home. 

My hubby had a time with the wall appliques Laugh2 all the little leaves kept sticking to each other and him.  I wish I had video taped it.  It came out lovely though, visitors thought we'd had it painted.

Went with Pooh Bear since I have no clue what sex baby is.  Baby borrowed a page from Paden's story and mooned the sonogram tech at my last visit this week, so surprise it is.  My bassinet came this week I can't wait to see it up.    Had to get one since the furniture was delayed and won't get here for a few weeks.

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 04, 2010, 05:51:33 pm »

What can I say, my kids like to influence others...

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 15, 2010, 05:13:26 pm »

Bumped to say that today I got to watch my cat, Sally, give birth to three healthy kittens. Two are marked like their mama and she is a brown tabby. The third one is an orange tabby, like their older half-brother Sherbert. There would have been four but the first born was breach and stillborn. I think that one would have been black. I named it Snookie because I don't think any pet should be buried without a name. While I'm sad that Snookie didn't make it, I am very happy that the mother and surviving kittens are doing fantastic.

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 16, 2010, 04:13:06 am »

Aw. Poor Snookie. And I love that name.. Snookie XD
Pretty sure most of you have gathered I'm gonna be an aunt from my sister yeah?
Well my foster brother's girlfriend is having his second child. XD
Meeting her on Saturday.
My counselling is going pretty well. Dealing with issues one at a time. At the moment its my fear of the dark Tongue

And I miss you guys.. I'm not on here very much any more am I?
I had to uninstall my games and I've been busy with school and everything.. but I do miss you all!
And now I sound soppy XD

No more hiding
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2010, 06:50:00 pm »

Hello everyone Smiley. Happy to say I had a beautiful baby girl (6 lbs 4 oz) and am now at long last back home. I had an excellent surgical team so I had none of the issues that I faced before. Thank you to all of you for your well wishes. 

It feels so good to be home again YAY.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: