Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:41:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 241307 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 13, 2010, 04:07:39 pm »

I might add here as an "important life event" that World Adventures, after HOURS of pain and sweating and installing and uninstalling, updating and downdating, I finally got it working. Jesus! At least it was worth it!

Please? *makes puppy face*
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: November 13, 2010, 04:41:08 pm »

That sounds pretty important!

My drama club had the (students welcomed free) dress rehearsal Thursday, and the first showing yesterday of "Rogers and Hammerstiens Cinderella" and we did great. In three hours I'm going for stage crew tonight, and tomorrow we do the matinee.

We had a drama club dinner at a nearby pizza place last night, and there's a party tonight. We we're there until 1am last night, gonna be 1 or 2am tonight. That's kinda bad for a group of 25 teenagers, most of which are 14-16, two of which are 17. Isn't it? Lolz.

PAPER PLATE AWARDS TOOO!! They're almost like mock-grammys, but more fun. Last year we gave one out for "Loudest singer" and one for "Always the steward" (<- ah, poor Chris. He'll get it AGAIN this year. Lol.)

Find me on moonlight <3
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 13, 2010, 05:16:53 pm »

Rogers and Hammerstein did a Cinderella? Wow, I learned something today.

Speaking of Cinderella, I have a weird alternate lymeric version of Cinderella that I got the idea for when lovelygoth showed me an artist's concept of a more "dark" Cinderella. Maybe I should try to get a friend that can draw to make pictures of the story, and then someday in the future I can publish this as a creepy fairytale book.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: November 14, 2010, 12:27:20 pm »

That's a rather interesting idea.

The show last night went good. We did the paper plate awards. My friend played the moon, and a man (in the ballroom scene) so she got the man on the moon award. Once during a line flub the Fairy Godmother was supposed to say wait for thissssssssssssssssssssssssss, but the person didn't say the next line so she said thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, and her award ended in ssss. Haha. Lionel the Royal Steward got "deja vu" for being the steward two years in a row.
We also played twister. Thhaaaaat was normal. Lolz.

Anyways, anybody have anything more important?

Find me on moonlight <3
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 14, 2010, 01:48:13 pm »

Sounds like things are cooking with you, Katie. Cheesy

SenkoTwiik, interesting concept and with the younger generation's interest in dark and creepy and goth and grunge, your stories would be a huge hit.  Wink

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: November 14, 2010, 10:11:08 pm »

Tonight's show went well! Striking the stage was fun... no afterglow! Sad

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 15, 2010, 05:23:36 pm »

I just got my class rank today: 62 out of 593. Wow, I just barely missed the cut to be in the top 10% by three people! If only I did better in physics during the first semester last year. However, I'm still in the 1st quarter, which increases my chances of getting into a good college! Smiley

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 15, 2010, 06:29:02 pm »

So close...arrgh! Wishing you better in the time ahead.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: November 15, 2010, 06:40:03 pm »

soulofthesea, being nearly top 10% isn't so bad, either. You did get a better result than 531 people, so *thumbs up* and good luck with your chances Grin

A few days ago I got a mail from the nursing school, saying I've got a place for the spring semester. Still not 100% sure whether or not to accept it... It's 3+ more years of school, and I'll have to move again (this time to a place closer to home - but I kind of like it a lot where I already am). And I'm still not certain this is what I want.
I could wait half a year and try to apply for the school here, but that means I have to get a job ASAP (which I've been trying to do, with little luck, for the past 3-4 months), and it's not 100% certain I'll get in then. Anyway, I still might have to get a temp job (Christmas assistant in a shop, maybe) just to earn some money. Economy isn't the best at the moment...

*sigh* The choices deciding a big part of your life are most definitely the worst ones to figure out...  Sad
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:46:56 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: November 15, 2010, 06:51:58 pm »

Theraven that's a great opportunity!

I'm going to try to get into oncology specializing on pediatrics, or something to deal with children in general when I'm older. I think that'd be fun.

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: November 15, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »

Oncologist, or nursing specializing in ped. oncology? Plenty of ways to go. Radiologist specializing in radiation therapy, even. Lots of things to specialize in, too.

I'm thinking something pediatric too. Midwife or Nicu/special care, maybe. Not entirely sure yet. I'm a lot more comfortable around babies than older kids, so if I do head for a nursing career, I think I'll end up working with either babies or adults.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:23:24 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: November 15, 2010, 08:36:17 pm »

I'd want to be a pediatric nurse, or oncology-related-something. Smiley

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 15, 2010, 09:45:49 pm »

I've got three exams next week and a meeting with the school counsellor.
I've seen more counsellors and doctors in the last 6 months then I have in my whole life.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: December 05, 2010, 03:15:41 pm »

I've accepted the school place at the nursing school, so I'll be moving out at the end of the month.

I just came home from a 4 hour bus ride (that was only the return trip...). Been looking for an apartment all day, and I think found a really great place.

It's so nice when everything looks OK when you're on a house viewing. I really liked the first place I visited, except for a few minor things, but when I saw the next place, I fell in love instantly. Warm and homely, big(ger) bedroom and even the exact same couch we had for several years in our own living room  Grin. Only bug is that we'll be 6 people sharing one floor. But it's quite a lot bigger than where I currently live (together with 3 others), and there are two bathrooms (three if needed, actually). And from the living room I can look down at the school/hospital where I'll be studying. Barely a 10-15 min walk, and that's a big plus. Have to fix the contract and such, and pack/move - but it's good to know that things will be in order when I'm moving.

I love it when things work out fine  YAY

My site:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 05, 2010, 04:09:16 pm »

So delighted with the news. Big step but sounds like you are heading in the right direction to reach your goals.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: