Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:59:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 242148 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: February 15, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »

Congrats with the little addition to your family, Paden!  Cheesy

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 15, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »

Congratulations, furball. Or should I say: GRANDMA! *snickers*

...still though, congrats. Cheesy

Since I'm here, and not to upstage anyone (As if I'd ever do that. Ever. Honest), this February marks more than a few milestones in my life. It marks the first anniversary since I quit smoking, my sixth anniversary with the S/O, and a new direction career wise for me since I started taking pharmacy tech training and pre-pharm courses. Not a bad start to the year really. Hah.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2012, 02:26:43 am »

Our little Jenna is growing up... Pretty soon she'll stop hiding her JD bottles. Yeah, right, as IF!!! Still, congrats to you and to everyone, thanks! We've all come a long way, haven't we??

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 24, 2012, 06:34:31 pm »

I'm a good way into working on my first book, which at the rate I'm going will be published next year.
Status report: Plot finalized, almost everyone important to the storyline has been named, so things are going well.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2012, 07:49:12 am »

Go Rock!

Congratulations Jenna, on all, especially the smoking. I'm coming up on my 8th anniversary being tobacco free. Love it.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 08, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »

My cat, Lobo (the beautiful Maine Coon tabby in my avatar and who you can find simmified in the Custom Pets section) passed way earlier this morning. This is something I've known was going to happen soon, since he was approaching 19, but I didn't expect it happen quite this quickly. I rescued him when he was just under four weeks old from some breeders who were going to destroy him because he was the runt of the litter. Back then, he could quite comfortably curl up in the palm of my tiny hand and sleep. I ended up tucking him into my coat and going home with him. Over the years, I came to realize he rescued me as much as I rescued him. He was a bright, affectionate and wonderful cat with a warm personality. He loved people and people loved him.

R.I.P, Litttle Boy

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:17:40 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 08, 2012, 09:49:07 pm »

That is an adorable cat, indeed. I can only imagine the bond you two had going on.

Anyway, I've begun the process of starting an improv comedy group.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2012, 04:00:10 am »

So sorry, Joy. Sincere condolences, I, too, have lost pets over the years and know the heartache you feel.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »

Joy, just know that my heart is with you today, as yours was with me when I lost my Magoo, the half Maine Coon. A few years and a lot of water under the bridge since that day, but I still miss the cantankerous ball of fluff... Sad

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 01, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »

It's been quite a while since I've popped in, computer hiccups and all.  Congrats to you Paden and warm hugs to all of you especially you Joy, Lobo was beautiful.  Wow Jenna! Didn't know you'd quit smoking--must have missed that one, big congrats on both anniversaries. I sure have missed the old gang.

I'd be living a life of sims 2 luxury if my video card wasn't disagreeable--mistakenly ordered the wrong replacement upgrade so now I have to wait a bit longer for the new one to arrive...then I'll finally be back to simming and creating at long last.  Hugs to you Nonni & Senko too wherever you are  Cheesy.  

*Glomps Jenna and runs off Glomp*

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:06:47 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 01, 2012, 07:09:15 pm »

Dasi! It's good to see you too! *Hugs* Sorry to hear about your video card. Gah, how frustrated you must feel right now. LOL.

Hug2

Thanks, everyone. It still hurts and that hole I have in my heart will always be there, but I can usually talk about him now without bursting into tears. Lobo was an amazing cat. When I fostered for the the Humane Society, he was a big help in rehabilitating abused cats and dogs. He would grab a mouthful of food and proceed to drop it at the feet of whomever he thought needed it the most and try to lead them to the water dish. He was small for his breed  (13 lbs at his heaviest), but still a sizable cat. I miss him so much.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:36:42 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 01, 2012, 07:28:56 pm »

Yes I heard a choir of angels sing when I saw the new card so it was a bit of a let down that I had the wrong one.  Not so bad though since the upside is that I was able to bring my old computer, that I had thought was done for, back to life.

Lobo had a soft spot for others.  It's so wonderful all the facets of a cats personality.  He had more compassion then some humans. It's really precious watching things like that.  I've had several pure breeds with papers,not knocking that--I really loved them, but I tell you the kittens I got from the shelter were the most amazing cats ever.

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 01, 2012, 07:36:22 pm »

It's definitely those who choose you (more than you choose them) who end up being the best, isn't it?

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 02, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

I'm remembering my dad today; it's the five-year anniversary of his passing and I thank each and every one of you who was here for me at that time. I'm also mourning a cat who got run over last night when she got out and some idiot backed over her while she was trying to figure out how to get back home. I don't know about the rest of you, but I always check under my car to make sure there are no animals sheltering underneath my vehicle... R.I.P. Dad and Magee... She was the first cat I'd ever helped a mama cat deliver and was only two years old... This has been a real pos day for me, yanno??

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 02, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »

Paden, my thoughts are with you. It's hard to lose your father and it never really goes away, you just get better at dealing with it. I'm so, so sorry about Magee. That's just awful. Where I grew up, we always checked under the car, because you never knew what you were going to find. Cat, dog, bear cup, raccoon, fox kits, you name it.

(((HUGS)))

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: