Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:59:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 239659 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2009, 02:23:25 pm »

Question:
Where does one find News or post News of recent life events for self or fellow InSim comrades (birthday, new babies, death in family, etc.)?
Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:30:40 pm »

Usually it gets posted here in General Discussion, Nonni. Smiley

But hey, you might've just started a new thread where you can post them all in one place!  Cheesy

My other ride is a chocobo.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:50:33 pm »

Is that allowed?
I've become close to many fellow InSims here. I feel it is important that we know when to celebrate, congratulate, commiserate or just send a warm fuzzy when a comrade needs a thumbs up or a pat on the back.  I know these things are scattered throughout the forums. That is one of the things that drew me to this site.  It's the Love, baby. XXXOOO
Nonni Heart3

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:39:15 pm »

well, i just wanna say that i'm excited for my band because we got sweepstakes at contest for the first time in seven years!

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
brat1083
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:00:22 pm »

well, i just wanna say that i'm excited for my band because we got sweepstakes at contest for the first time in seven years!
I dedicaet this to you soulofthesea yahoo
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 11:58:12 am »

WAHOO! Congrates, soulofthesea. But could you elaborate for an out of touch granny like me?  I know it has got to be good.  What does getting sweepstakes at a contest for your band mean?

soulofthesea

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 01:23:25 pm »

well nonni, here's the run-down:

bands performing at contest are ranked from one to five, with one being the highest you can get and sweepstakes is getting straight ones on your band's stage performance and in sight-reading. Wink

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 05:28:05 pm »

Wow.  I am awed. Goodjob
Thanks for explaining.  That is sooo exciting.  Do you have anything on the net where I could hear your band?

soulofthesea

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 10:52:19 pm »

actually, i did find some audio performances of our songlist. here it is:

The White Rose March (but we didn't play it that fast though and that sax melody we only had the first clarinets and piccolo playing. we performed it around 112 beats a minute), Chester, and Suite Divertimento. unfortunately, i had no luck finding a full audio recording of Suite Divertimento. Sad sorry.

I am here
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 04:15:17 am »

Boy, that takes me back.  I was in many competitions for I was in the Mixed Chorus, Girls Chorus, The Madrigals and Women's Quartet.  I did soloist work also.  I was 16 and flying high but that summer by brother died and my parents moved us to another state.  It was like the end of the world, no friends, no music, no brother.
Sorry, I started out good but wandered off the happy track.  I have those good memories and life is good now.   I'm with you guys now.  Glomp

Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 06:12:54 pm »

Me and my girlfriend (whom i've met at Insim) will become parents around August.  Grin

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 06:14:53 pm »

Awww! Congratulations, Sir.Cheatalot and girlfriend.  Cheesy

My other ride is a chocobo.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 11:28:46 pm »

You and Chroi are still together and having a spud now, eh, Cheats? My deepest condolences, sir.

...erm, I mean...uh...congrats! *plays innnocent*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 12:03:43 pm »

Whoopee!  Yes, sometimes one thing leads to another like that.  Congratulations!
Nonni

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 01:43:03 pm »

Is that allowed?

absolutely Nonni, this is general discussion area so pretty much anything goes Cheesy

I'm waiting to see if I'm finally going to be made permanent at work - I've been temping since August last year. When I first started I was going to be made permanent at the end of September, then it was the end of October, then it was the end of January, then the end of March and currently it's 4th May. The company I work for is selling part of the business off and when that finally happens I will be made permanent. It's been put back so many times I wonder if it's really going to happen at all!

You and Chroi are still together and having a spud now, eh, Cheats? My deepest condolences, sir.

...erm, I mean...uh...congrats! *plays innnocent*

Giggle

I've already given my congrats to Decora, Cheats but I'll give them to you also!! Make the most of the next few months because once the sproglet comes along you will have no personal time!!

We expect to see some piccies Grin

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: