Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:09:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 239567 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2009, 03:57:23 pm »

Well either way, I know you will live him, of course, but I still hope he's not, being autistic makes life very hard... Cry

Find me on moonlight <3
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2009, 04:26:08 pm »

No harder than being broke, unemployed, or anything like that, but there are rewards too, like you can't imagine. Such as the smile that breaks out on a kid's face when they finally learn something they've been trying to master, or playing a game with you or saying those three little words a parent loves to hear, and those aren't, "I gotta pee!" Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2009, 04:36:11 pm »

I guess your right...

Find me on moonlight <3
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2009, 05:43:04 pm »

Not to mention, a good deal of Autistic people have very special gifts. Where they lack in a lot of things, they usually excel at a certain subject. Like that kid that can draw perfect pictures from a single memory.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2009, 05:55:37 pm »

Yes, my freind's little cousin is autistic, and he is really good at playing, he can do almost all sports, he can play any games...

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2009, 07:38:23 pm »

Not to mention, a good deal of Autistic people have very special gifts. Where they lack in a lot of things, they usually excel at a certain subject. Like that kid that can draw perfect pictures from a single memory.

their "Rain Man" abilities, I'm guessing? Cheesy

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:39 am »

More realistic than Rain Man. I watched a special on it once. It was about people born with mental abnormalities having exceptional talents.

One guy was mentally challenged but could calculate the first thousand digits of PI in his head.

Another kid was born with a twin. One girl was Autistic and the other was born without any deformity. When the Autistic twin was learning to speak, she would babble in what her parents thought was jibberish, but her sister understood it and they could communicate with each other perfectly in their own language.

My husband's uncle was mentally challenged but he was a complete car expert. He owned a huge collection of Hotwheels and could name off all of them by a glance and had a whole bunch of information on each car.

I read an article about a mom who had a mentally retarded son, and then had a son without deformity two years later. At first, she resented her mentally challenged son because he didn't do things like other children did. But her husband told her, "You're his mom. You need to stop this and appreciate him for who he is. Why can't you just focus on all the amazing things he can do instead of being so negative about him being special?" So she saw what he was saying and looked at her boy in a different light. He was more loving than his little brother, always wanting hugs. He was more concerned for others than his brother, and always wanted to make sure everyone was okay when they got hurt. He smiled all the time and was an incredibly helpful little boy. You just have to look at things the way they are, without throwing negativity into the ring.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2009, 03:50:14 pm »

On the special ed team in my school, all the kids are amazing.

There are about 6 really good singers, 2 amazing artists, and they all care about everyone!

Find me on moonlight <3
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2009, 11:56:58 pm »

Happy Birthday Zordac with much love always and forever, Hawnsimmer.

Live Laugh Love
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2009, 10:27:03 am »

It's zordac's birthday!? HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZORDAC!!!

Also, on a side note, I am going to have a new (and hopefully healthier than his older brother) nephew! Wink

I'm unsure if I've posted it here or not, but I am currently in the hospital.  Undecided

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2009, 03:55:53 pm »

shocked what for Katie?

by the way, I've been meaning to post this for a while, and since junior year's taking up most of my time right now, the Mighty Ram Band got sweepstakes at marching UIL a couple weeks ago, for the eighth year in a row!

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2009, 08:45:10 pm »

My appendix rupshured. They say it's no longer fatal though, and you can live without one. Wink

Cool!  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2009, 04:46:49 pm »

If there was ever a useless body part included, it was the appendix. As far as they know, it has no useful function and indeed, you are better off without it. Get better soon, kiddo.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2009, 05:00:21 pm »

That's an optional body part I actually still have. LOL. Lost my tonsils, lost my adenoids, lost my gallbladder and all but one of my wisdom teeth.

Take care of yourself and get well.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2009, 05:18:10 pm »

Thanks guys!

It serves a purpose, but not a special one, just filters some of the poisons out, nothing special, see?

I got my tonsils out a while back, I had a bad case of tonsil-itis even though I hadn't had strep throat first.  huh

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: